Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomBoarder
screechingweasel fan

parents.....
    #496129 - 12/19/01 04:45 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

um....ok i only have like 1 question: i really want to grow and trip on shrooms, but, how do i grow them without my parents finding out?....my room has its own seperate attic in it and i think that would be a good place. but what do i tell them if they find them?

--------------------

"Twizzlers, in the chinesed state...."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedelysid
enthusiast
Loc: on paper only
Re: parents..... [Re: ShroomBoarder]
    #496133 - 12/19/01 04:48 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

if you have an attic it should be easy as long as you can maintain the temp and humidity, because not much space or light is needed at all.

--------------------
"oh the colors....where am i?"

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: parents..... [Re: ShroomBoarder]
    #496161 - 12/19/01 05:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i love this question; it cracks me up. and whats worse is i see it so often here. how can you grow shrooms w/o her finding out? YOU HIDE THEM SOMEWHERE! how is anyone in this community going to help you conceal your project from your parent(s) without knowing the full suituation? if its that big a secret just use the invitro tek; which i have never tried so i cannot personally recommend it but i hear it works alright. i personally like the sight of the caps opening and the mushroom in general and really dont give a shit if my parents dont like me growing them; im doing it aniiways. just build a terrarium and put it in your attic and keep it warm. if she finds them the worst thing you could do is lie about it cos she will probably already be pissed; especially if she knows whats up. when my mom found out shes like 'so what are you growing' and i said mushrooms. 'the magic ones' and im like 'yep'. 'arent those illegal?' 'yep'. 'if the cops come into our house youll be in hella trouble you know'. then i was liek 'why the hell would they come in here in the first place?' the only comments after that were about the smell of some contaminated jars.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Re: parents..... [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #496166 - 12/19/01 05:20 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Do what I did.. Its a bio project that will last anywhere from now till my senior year
haha
Classic

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: parents..... [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #496204 - 12/19/01 05:56 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

BeppoMarx, not all parents are as easy going as yours. If mine found out, I would be living on the street. So I take a great deal of care in concealing what i'm doing. When I first started growing, they wondered where all my money was going (supplies) but I managed to get away with saying it was spent on my girlfriend. Each new batch, my friend comes over with his pressure cooker and we stay up all night cooking jars while my parents sleep. I keep the jars in the basement behind the water heater in a box where no one would find it. I keep my terrarium in the attic, which I changed the lock for to buy me some time to get rid of the evidence if they try to get up there. All fanning, spraying is done in the morning before school when no one is home, and at night when everyone is asleep. I don't sell, so no chance getting caught by the pigs. Everything I carry is ground up and placed in vitamin capsules inside a vitamin container incase I get searched at school. It took me a while to think of all this, but if my parents did find out, they would probably be proud of me since I've never put so much effort into anything in my whole life as I did with this... :)
Maybe I shouldnt have said all that? Hehehe.

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: parents..... [Re: FatSean]
    #496330 - 12/19/01 08:03 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Worst my parents would do is make me trash it, or give them 10% of what I grow :P
Still not telling them though

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

OfflineBurton124
Re: parents..... [Re: razer]
    #496408 - 12/19/01 09:10 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Wow I just realized how oblivious my parents really are. LOL! I had told my parents that it's a Bio experiment for extra credit and I have to get these mushrooms to grow using this method. My parents said that it's really cool that I am going in for extra credit and how proud they are of me. It's been about 7 weeks since then and ever so often my mom asks how the mushrooms coming along and if I need help or anything. HAHA I just crack up. I'm not a drug user, don't smoke pot that often, don't buy or sell drugs and never been caught so I have NEVER given my parents an excuse to question me. Just make your parents think you?re an angel.

--------------------
Seems like I've been here before. Seems so familiar. Seems like I'm slipping into a dream within a dream.

Offlinekrispyfi
lumber tyrant
Loc: se usa
Re: parents..... [Re: Burton124]
    #496412 - 12/19/01 09:16 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

being honest with my parents was the best thing i ever did. your parents wont turn you in unless theyre major pricks or authoritarians :-). they wont make you stop because the facts are on your side (if youre responsible, shrooms are safe, etc.)

--------------------

If i get into some trouble TURBO BOOST will set me free.
Michael Knight you watch the bass with the K I T T.

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: parents..... [Re: krispyfi]
    #496421 - 12/19/01 09:27 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, if anyone finds out in my family it'd be my mom. I know both my parents have done plent of pot in their time. But my dad worries, a lot. Like the other day he took of for work, and phoned me an hour later to make sure I had shut the oven off when I was done cooking supper. He does it ALL the time. And I've NEVER left the fricken oven on in my life!
I know he'd be paranoid about me breaking any laws, and would lose sleep on it. But my mom isnt llike that, she'd probably be worried at first, then I'd go over all of the info and such, and likely be able to keep on doing it. My guess is that they've shroomed before, and I'd only have to prove that they're safe, and relatively legal (not 100% sure on the laws here, bu tI know you're better being caught with them than pot).

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

OfflineSnargly
Stranger
Loc: MD
    #496436 - 12/19/01 09:45 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Heh, should have my parents. My mother found out I was growing shrooms, but luckily she couldn't find WHERE I was growing them. After screamin about illegality, she told how she'd did find them, and then take them to work and sell them to her coworkers, garunteeing that I would never be able to eat any of them.

After a week of looking, and finding nothing, she just gave up and assumed that I stopped growing them once I was found out. Man, they were tasty shrooms too....

Offlineduss69
Stranger
Re: parents..... [Re: Snargly]
    #496752 - 12/20/01 07:15 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

100 % agree with krispyfi.
Tell'em the truth is the best thing you can do except if they are narrow minded.
I live with my mom and she knows what im doing.
She prefers to see me growing my own drug instead of buying it to some dealer.
She knows (because she realizes it throught me) that shrooms are not dangerous.
She sees that tripping on shrooms doesn't affect me bad or whatever bad.
If you stay responsible towards "shrooming", then they will never have something to complain about.
And for the law concern, it is my buisness and not my mom's.
But it can be different if you are under 18 or 21 or whatever
is the legal age in your country because your parents are legally responsible of what you do.
But again stay responsible and no one wil bother you.

++
Duss69

--------------------
Support the FSRE

Edited by duss69 (12/20/01 07:18 AM)

OfflineAbsolut
journeyman
Re: parents..... [Re: FatSean]
    #496959 - 12/20/01 12:51 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Just follow what FatSean said...keep everything secret, and do it all at night or when you're POSITIVE no one is around. if you're going to go to the trouble of keeping everything so perfectly sterile when you're doing it, certainly you'll be willing to go another yard in keeping it secret. just hide it all well, and don't look suspicious!

--------------------
"My life is my message"
-Gandhi

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: parents..... [Re: Absolut]
    #496990 - 12/20/01 01:39 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Just out of curiousity, where was this ingeneous place you hid your growing operation?

--------------------

OfflineAbsolut
journeyman
    #497015 - 12/20/01 02:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I keep my box full of colonizing jars under my bed in darkness(behind clothes and trash), and then when I move them into my growing chamber(a wallmart plastic container) I stuff the container in my closet under my PILES and PILES of miscellaneous . I don't need to check on it all very often, so there's no need to access it directly. I guess it's easier for me since my room's a complete disaster.

--------------------
"My life is my message"
-Gandhi

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies