Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecgrossoman

Coffee Cans for Canning Jars?
    #494194 - 12/17/01 08:21 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I've decided to grow me some mushies, due to the limitation of legit shrooms in CT, well its easy to get "pops", which are little circle choclates with shrooms in them but they have basically 2.5 grams in them supposedly, not even at times sometimes 1 gram! And they cost about 20-30 dollars for one pop, its outragous, I could get a nice 8th of raw mush for that price but due to lack of legit connection/avilablity, I cannot so I've decided to grow them. I have my syringe bought off hawks eye for spores. And am using "The Magic Mushroom Growers Guide" Version 3.2, as a first time method
http://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=16 - Im just wondering would it be ok to use Coffee Cans as canning jars in substitute for glass jars, i will use glass if needed just easier access to coffee cans (their lieing around my house).

Any help/information anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Sehr Danke

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlue_JAY
Stylin MOFO

Loc: CANADA
Re: Coffee Cans for Canning Jars? [Re: cgrossoman]
    #513834 - 01/07/02 10:47 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

my guess would be stick to using jars.....less chance of contamination. I hope you do better then i am at the moment

--------------------
"Only the paranoid survive"

OfflineSir Tokes-A-Lot
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
    #514727 - 01/08/02 07:02 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

canning jars are 100% neccessary

--------------------

"If god liked midgets, he woulda made 'em come on stilts."- ChemicalMonkey (The Early Years)

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

Re: Coffee Cans for Canning Jars? [Re: Sir Tokes-A-Lot]
    #514739 - 01/08/02 07:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Not necessarily Tokes.

My Hippo's Uncle uses Ziploc half pint and quart microwavable plasticware (Gladware makes it also, can be found in almost any grocery store, even walmart).

As long as its clear, has some form of lid (you can even just use saran wrap if using glasses), and is tapered such that the substrate can be removed you are set.

Anyhows, peace all.

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #514748 - 01/08/02 07:16 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Being the first go at it, I would use 1/2 pint wide mouth jars..6-$7.00 for 12 at walmart......But, for the record you can use anything that won't melt and comes up to temperature when sterilizing substrate...

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineSir Tokes-A-Lot
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Coffee Cans for Canning Jars? [Re: Trail_Blazer]
    #514992 - 01/08/02 11:58 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i meant 100% neccessary between coffee cans and canning jars. autoclaves are a whole different story....

id actually invest in 1 pint canning jars, much better

--------------------

"If god liked midgets, he woulda made 'em come on stilts."- ChemicalMonkey (The Early Years)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates