Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

lucid dreaming last two nights experience/concern/question
    #4931843 - 11/14/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

two nights in a row now i have gone lucid...but it's kinda weird. when i go lucid i figure out that i'm in a dream and thats when i start to conciousely make decisions. in a dream i have way more confidence than normal and will say things i normally wouldn't, act differently, and be able to fly and stuff. but i can't control the environment or other things in the dream. at one point last night i was being flown around by God while he was talking to me....it was just him carrying me over ocean after ocean and i didn't really like it because sometimes he would drop down low and i would smack into waves or go underwater for awhile...and the whole scene was really weird. other times when i'm lucid...the thing is so vivid and real that i sometimes question if i'm in a dream...and start to worry that this may actually be reality.

i don't understand why i've gone lucid two nights in a row like that....i never intended to do it. i think it just may have something to do with the fact that i'm reading "The art of dreaming" by castaneda.

lucid dreaming is really fun....but it sorta scares me to....i'm afraid of what might happen in my dreams...and how it may affect reality....or what if i were to start confusing the two....

also, when lucid...i can tell when i'm about to slip out of being lucid and wake up...when that happens...i'm usually focusing on my awareness too much...and i can concentrate on something in the dream instead...and it will keep me in the dream instead of wakeing up. has anyone else noticed that?

Edited by TameMe (11/14/05 10:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: lucid dreaming last two nights experience/concern/question [Re: TameMe]
    #4932092 - 11/14/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

also, when lucid...i can tell when i'm about to slip out of being lucid and wake up...when that happens...i'm usually focusing on my awareness too much...and i can concentrate on something in the dream instead...and it will keep me in the dream instead of wakeing up. has anyone else noticed that?

I haven't personally, but in one of William Buhlman's books on astral projection, he says that as soon as you think about your body while projecting, you will return to it. Not exactly what you're asking, but the two are in the same realm. IMO

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4932131 - 11/14/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

be not afraid..

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: lucid dreaming last two nights experience/concern/question [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4932263 - 11/14/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

schapper said:
Quote:

I haven't personally, but in one of William Buhlman's books on astral projection, he says that as soon as you think about your body while projecting, you will return to it. Not exactly what you're asking, but the two are in the same realm. IMO

these statements create self-fullfilling prophecies and I wish people wouldn't make them.....

I remember when I was practicing OBEs I read that it's hard to stay out of your body without being sucked into it..... can you guess what happened to me? But it's not true at all, it's just that whatever you expect to happen, will happen.

It's easy to have OBEs, to think about your physical body... and to not be sucked back into it... in fact the whole notion of being "sucked into it" is rather odd to me in the first place..... I'd never experienced that phenomena until reading from an OBE authority that it is supposed to happen to you.

It's your mind, so be wary of any rules other people try to put on it...... you create your own rules more than anything with lucid dreaming.

Anyway, you will not in my experience confuse reality with dream.... the more you understand the nature of your dreams, the more they may mesh with reality, show you what you are going to do the next day...... synch up with important events... etc.... the more they may influence your personality as well... but you generally won't ever stop in the middle of taking a test and freak out thinking WHAT IF I'M DREAMING RIGHT NOW!!!!

a simple reality check you can do is to pinch off your nostrils and try to inhale through them while they are closed. If you can, it means you are dreaming. Check a few times to be sure. [not because you need to in waking life, but because you may need to when you ARE dreaming]

Taking drugs on the other hand may lead to massive reality/dream confusion as hallucinagens seem to link you to the subconscious, or whatever you want to call it, while still being awake.... but just practicing lucid dreaming shouldn't in particular, aside from when you actually ARE dreaming vividly.

That's not to say that you won't learn things like "life is a dream" or "life isn't a dream" etc..... trippy things about the subjective nature of reality.... but you should be able to manage them fine if you take things at your own pace.

Ominous dreams can be a little hard to deal with though I guess..... the goal is to just be accepting if something really trippy happens.... to trust in yourself, etc.... even if it's a bad dream.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (11/14/05 12:51 PM)

OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: lucid dreaming last two nights experience/concern/question [Re: Gomp]
    #4932911 - 11/14/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
be not afraid..

i don't know if that's possible. i think maybe i can be afraid and also at the same time view it from another angle.....and step out of myself....

and like let myself be scared but be not afraid of being afraid.

sometimes stepping outside of it and letting myself be afraid is scarier than the thing actually happening.

OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: lucid dreaming last two nights experience/concern/question [Re: leery11]
    #4934165 - 11/14/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I don't realy equate lucid dreams to obes....how are they related?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4934620 - 11/14/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

well to me they're the same, except OBEs are lucid dreams where you focus on your body while falling into a dreamstate, so you get to have the fun sensation of floating out of the body, generally speaking into your room.

I haven't really been in "physical reality" during an OBE [except maybe while on salvia] so I don't distinguish them as different than lucid dreams.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

OfflinePingasa
Stranger
    #4934680 - 11/14/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

dunno how this happened

Edited by Pingasa (11/16/05 11:31 PM)

OfflinePingasa
Stranger
    #4934689 - 11/14/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

lucid dreams are not obe's in any sense. Obe's are projecting your astral body out of your physical one. Once you obe you'll be in a world which is quite similar to the one around you but a little different. The way lucid dreaming and obe's are connected is they for one, are similar. One is just more realistic and is in the real world outside your head. Also going lucid in dreams is actually a method for projecting your astral body. You just need to concentrate on astral projecting somewhere while lucid dreaming and with a little practice it should happen. Next time your lucid maybe you shoud try to have an obe.

OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: lucid dreaming last two nights experience/concern/question [Re: Pingasa]
    #4936254 - 11/15/05 08:07 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

nice double post...with and extra sentence....

try the edit function.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #4939177 - 11/15/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

all fear is poisonous bullshit. eradicate it.

there is nothing to fear

lucid dreaming is power and wonder.

btw: to all potential lucid dreamers the interupted sleep method is by far the most effective. set your alarm clock an hour earlier than ususal. when it goes off, get out of bed, walk around, have a glass of water or take a piss, then go back to bed. when falling back asleep, repeat mentally "i will lucid dream" over and over

dream recall is a nescessary prerequisite

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: lucid dreaming last two nights experience/concern/question [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4939354 - 11/15/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:

dream recall is a nescessary prerequisite

not necessarily with that method, though, because lucid dreams tend to cause people to wake up as opposed to simply falling into a deeper sleep when the REM period ends...... and lucidity = recall, no matter what. The only issue is losing lucidity in the dream and waking being none the wiser.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#4939411 - 11/15/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

"lucidity = recall, no matter what"

100% wrong

you can and will forget lucid dreams if you dont take steps to ensure memory.

just basing that on my years of experience.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4939550 - 11/15/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have years of experience too. and what I said is if you're lucid and you stay lucid long enough, you wake up.

Waking up lucid means absolute recall, if nothing more than of the last few moments of the dream.

but anyway, from your perspective, how can you know that you can be lucid, yet not have any recall? Sometimes there is the vague notion that "I was lucid but I don't remember" if that's what you mean....

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (11/15/05 10:14 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#4939618 - 11/15/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

im not trying to say your wrong, just that i know for a fact that i have had many many dreams where i woke up with absolutely no memory of having any dreams, then at some point in the day or even another day something will trigger the memory of a whole long intricate lucid dream that i totally forgot.

happens quite frequently actually. i think lucid dreams are definetly more likely to be remembered, but even so, there is something about human memory that is adverse to remembering dreams. in my experience it takes a regular program and effort of will to beat that dream forgetting mechanism.

but yeah when you wake up lucid you almost always recall... but if you say go back to bed or even go about your day without stopping to right it down, theres a good chance youll lose most or all of it

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4939624 - 11/15/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

All of the times I have become completely lucid in my dreams I have remembered them. Even from many years ago. But I have not had that many and so they really stand out.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4939646 - 11/15/05 10:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

"but if you say go back to bed or even go about your day without stopping to right it down, theres a good chance youll lose most or all of it
"
Yeah... it seems to me that the novice wanting to do sleep interruption would be motivated enough to take time to remember the dream upon waking, assuming he got that far, though. Which is why, for a quick fix..... exceptional dream recall doesn't seem like a necessary requirement for this method to me... as its so abrasive and unnatural in the first place that any results should be marked.

I'd envision it either producing an immediate "wow it worked!" experience which would end quickly, leaving you awake and aware of your accomplishments [especially if done in early morning].... or not working at all......

and yeah I know completely what you mean about not remembering dreams until later on in the day, etc..... so I agree with you... but I'd say attaining lucidity for the first few times is usually significant enough to provoke recall.....

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (11/15/05 10:36 PM)

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4941120 - 11/16/05 10:47 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

about not being able to control your environment:

you get better at it everytime, all you need is practive.

And what's cool about lucid dreams is that, even though what you experience seems real, you know that it really isn't! There's really nothing you can't do, and there are no consequences to your acts. Be not afraid!

--------------------

OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: lucid dreaming last two nights experience/concern/question [Re: exclusive58]
    #4941749 - 11/16/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i feel there are consequences even in dreams.....

acquiring knowledge has consequences.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4942055 - 11/16/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I agree. When you're lucid everything you do affects some level of your mind... and everyone you interact with is either a part of you... or perhaps sometimes another person dreaming, or a spirit... maybe....

but there are definitely "consequences" in some way, shape, or form.

an example is the other night this teacher started regurgitating something I learned about how Abraham is just a ripoff of Brahman..... the name was just slightly changed and they were the same person, or something like that.... so then I was all saying what she was saying in tune with her, but some of the dream characters started dissenting and one was saying stuff about how his God didn't have a name.... and I was arguing with him in a kind of fiery manner, like how a cop might do..... not hostile but unrelenting in pace and from the solar plexus..... and I could then tell that I hurt his feelings and I had no real reason to be doing that...... so I woke up feeling bad for that, to some degree.

there is a telepathic link with your dream characters where on a subtle level thoughts and expectations dictate the content they display, which I am generally not aware of unless very lucid and generally only in the early morning.... so when I was speaking I could just "feel" the contrast between my "fiery" arguing style and how it weakened him and upset him..... and also feel what he felt when it upset him....

it was also empowering to be able to assert myself that much, and to feel so intimately comfortable within a group of students, though......

what I realized upon waking was that, this guy wasn't saying what I thought he was saying, because truely MY GOD does not particularly have a "name" either.. but I thought he was arguing from a Christian perspective, and clearly Christians have tons of names for their God.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (11/16/05 03:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale