Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Brain imaging for various types of anxiety and depression disorders (includes helpful supplements)
    #4925676 - 11/12/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If you're suffering from anxiety, depression, trouble staying focused, dissociation or any other similar disorder you may be interested in this.

I've been reading some material from Daniel G. Amen lately. Daniel runs AMEN Clinics and has written numerous books on Brain SPECT imaging, effects drugs have on ones brain, behaviour disorders and other similar things.

Daniel and his associates have done scans on people suffering from various disorders and then applied various mainstream and alternative programs (including drugs) while continuing to scan/monitor the changes on the brains of the patients and overall improvement in their symptoms. They found out some interesting things, which can be summarized in the tables below.

This is a short overview, not from the book.

Exact details from the scanned book below.

If you're interested in more details you can browse the books using Amazon search inside feature.

I have personally ordered some supplements (amino acids, yummy!) and will report back with results sometimes next week.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Brain imaging for various types of anxiety and depression disorders (includes helpful supplements) [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4925930 - 11/12/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Brother. :smile: :heart: How's tricks?

Which aminos? And what are you trying to accomplish?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: Brain imaging for various types of anxiety and depression disorders (includes helpful supplemen [Re: Icelander]
    #4926030 - 11/12/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Icelander! Nice to see you here again!  :smile:  :heart:

I'm gonna try out Mood Food Formula from Higher Nature (500mg DL-Phenylalanine, 500mg L-Tyrosine, 250mg Tri-methylglycine, 100mg Vitamin B5, 100mg L-5 Hydroxytryptophan, 40mg Niacin, 20mg Vitamin B6, 100?g Folic acid, 10?g Vitamin B12). I hope to use that instead of st. Johns Wort for the winter blues (SAD) and hopefully also for anxiety.

I tried kava for anxiety and st. johns wort for SAD and they both work very well but kava makes my mind go dull (dumb) and st. johns wort makes my skin as white as a snow. Go figure.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order