Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenambi
journeyman
 User Gallery
Substrate or Spores?
    #4919228 - 11/10/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well I'm back and that usually mean I'm an unsatisfied grower.

I always colonize rye with an EQ strain, recently I have been using a liquid culture for rapid results, this liquid culture I have had in my fridge now for about 2 months and it's still inoculating fine.

I used to spawn the rye to straw but due to so many losses of contamination and straw rot I scrapped that method, though anything that did grow was health huge and potent!

I had a hell of a time finding horse poo, but I managed to find myself a farm and before I knew it I was on top of a pile of shit shoveling it into a bag. Unfortunately this poo I got seemed to have been mixed with some wood chips (maybe for faster composting who know, all I know it was a pain to get)

Anyhow I much rather use poo than straw my flushes are faster and easier and loss to contamination is minimal, but lately my buddies have been complaining about the potency saying it's not as good as my previous. I have a new crop growing now and I was very happy with the fast cultivation but when it was pinning I noticed the pins were awfully skinny and now 1 week later all my shrroms seem malnourished, skinny with caps about the diameter of a golf ball, while my straw techniques they were roughly the size of a tennis ball. I have a feeling these too will not be very potent and the dried weight will be low.

Is this caused by the 2 month old liquid culture or the substrate, how can I boost the potency or the health of the shrooms some are so weak they don't even hold up their own weigh. They look like a bunch of snakes curling around the incubator. Is their anything I can add at this stage to boost them up?

Any advice would be great.
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleunknown28
Chill

Loc: Midwest Swanging
Re: Substrate or Spores? [Re: nambi]
    #4919340 - 11/10/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Do you leave your tray in the incubator through out the fruiting stage??

--------------------
Strains For Trade!!! B+, Hawaiian, Oakridge,Texas

Offlinenambi
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: Substrate or Spores? [Re: unknown28]
    #4919443 - 11/10/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

my tray is?? not sure what you mean by tray the only thing in the incubater is the casings the temp gage a heated water source and a barometer

Invisibleunknown28
Chill

Loc: Midwest Swanging
Re: Substrate or Spores? [Re: nambi]
    #4919460 - 11/10/05 07:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well I meant do you leave your casings in the incubator thru the whole fruiting process. because if so you should remove it when myc starts to pop through the casing layer

--------------------
Strains For Trade!!! B+, Hawaiian, Oakridge,Texas

Offlinenambi
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: Substrate or Spores? [Re: unknown28]
    #4921322 - 11/11/05 07:49 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

These cases seem to have a lot of overlay, I uually case the manure with coir and when i see the myc poping through tthen i put it in the chanber, as i did this batch.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale