Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekayaman9
enthusiast
Loc: windy city
2 species in one DB style tub??
    #491910 - 12/15/01 09:59 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Alright this is going to sound weird but here it goes, my friend had a big tupperware bin that he did a DB style casing in. It was about a 30 lb casing. After 2 weeks there were patches that wouldn't colonize so he just put the top on and forgot about it. another 2 weeks of having the top on and he went to go clean up his mess when he looked in he just saw tons of pins and small shrooms, so he put the plexi back on and started fanning again. THe weird thing was is that it was still patchy and It seemed to be fruiting in separate colonies with the uncolonized dung as a barrier. Another week goes by and this whole other species starts to fruit from the uncolonized areas of dung. It looked like it wasn't colonized but it was with some weird strain, (not psilocybe) I wish I could get some pics to show you but his cameras broke. He was just wondering If the cubensis fruits will still be good to eat though. THey look fine and they're healthy so I wouldn't see it as a problem, Just thought I'd see what everyone else thought.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2 species in one DB style tub?? [Re: kayaman9]
    #492240 - 12/15/01 06:27 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

not to be a jerk, but if you don't know the difference between compost and casing, are you sure you should eat anything you grow?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinekayaman9
enthusiast
Re: 2 species in one DB style tub?? [Re: mycofile]
    #492265 - 12/15/01 07:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

No, problem I dont think your a jerk, I was just a little buzzed and I mixed up a couple words. No harm done. I don't grow anything but my friend might and he just wanted to know if the friuts were still good even though there's another species growing in there. THey look fine. gotta go...

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #492275 - 12/15/01 07:26 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I've heard points of caution about eating shrooms from contaminated substrate.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineWetchaser
Stranger
Loc: Annapolis,MD
Re: 2 species in one DB style tub?? [Re: Joshua]
    #492496 - 12/16/01 12:22 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Take it from a guy that has lost quite a bit in the last few weeks from contamination. Its just not worth the risks man. if you really hard core, i would look into identifying the alien shrooms thru pictures already posted on the net. I saw a link somewhere in these threads to a site that should suit your needs well. It was posted in last 2 weeks, and was a reply to eating wild mushrooms with purple gills.

--------------------
Wetchaser
"is it really worth getting that worked up about?"

Edited by Wetchaser (12/16/01 12:23 AM)

Invisibleslither
addict
    #492547 - 12/16/01 01:30 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I have wild mushrooms grow in my dung/compost/straw tubs occasionally, no big deal, just pick them and throw them away, keep the good ones.

Offlinekayaman9
enthusiast
Re: 2 species in one DB style tub?? [Re: slither]
    #492749 - 12/16/01 10:20 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, thats what I was waiting for Slither, must have got some spores on me from the forest and they got in to it. thanks for the help.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate