Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
print prices
    #4884503 - 11/02/05 04:43 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have looked at a number of sites on-line both sponsors and not. I was wondering why prints cost so much even more than syringes when you think all it is is a stamp and foil. I know that some of the sponsors even donate to free spore rings. Why not also cut prices a little bit. Thanks for your time
WB

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: print prices [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #4884511 - 11/02/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

you can make a bunch of syringes off one print

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

OfflineWhiteBunny
 User Gallery

Re: print prices [Re: mskip23]
    #4884532 - 11/02/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

true but making and sending prints are CHEAP (less than 50cents) and syringes cost $ and are more labor intensive.  I just finished my first flush of a couple cakes and made easily 50 spore prints with very little effort.  I have been giving more away the I would ever use and some site charge $30!  Just seems crazy to me.  :2cents:
WB

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4884736 - 11/02/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Everytime a vendor sells a print, they could've made x amount of syringes. I'm sure it differs from 5-25+ depending on the print and vendor. Syringes are more labor intensive, but thats what a vendor does, right? If they sold you all their prints for a few bucks, there wouldn't even be syringes.

I think, considering how many syringes you can get from a print (and if we're not complaining about syringe prices) that a print is a good deal indeed.

You can always trade prints with someone, or get one from a free spore contest or site. But if you want a specific strain right away, it's not too hefty a fee, and it'll certainly be the only one you need. Theres also the matter of trusting sterility in the free print threads and such.

Just some things to think about.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4884746 - 11/02/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You have to keep in mind that the Vendors have quite a high overhead.
They don't grow themselves, so therefore must either pay people to do it in their own facilities, or purchase prints from trusted and competent cultivators.
They also must stock many different strains to supply your discerning needs. How impressed would you be if there was only one single vendor who had only 2 strains. 20 years ago, that's the way it was.
The Vendors go to tremendous expense and effort to bring us the best of the best.
And this doesn't even begin to touch on some of the other people involved in the process, like John Allen. How often do you visit Thailand etc. to pick up a few new strains to try!

It might be any easy and relatively inexpensive thing to knock off 50 prints from your grow... but what if you need a hundred or so strains. The FSRC has over 100 Cube and Pan prints listed. If you think it is so simple... can I expect your 50 print donation of all 100 strains in the near future?

I'm sure you see my point.
Without the Vendors there to support the community by their efforts... there wouldn't be much of a community. Seems only fair the community should support them as often as possible.

Yeah, I know I run the FSRC and give away prints for a buck or two... but remember, I do this with the support of some of the best Vendors in the world. It is their dedication to this hobby that even makes the existence of an FSR possible.
The Vendors will always have my respect, admiration and support!  How about yours :wink:

Shdwstr

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: print prices [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4884937 - 11/02/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm interested in the history of vendors and strains. Who was the one vendor with two strains? A high times ad I assume...

Are the strains still (in some form) around today?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Re: print prices [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4885048 - 11/02/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have trouble remembering breakfast... and you want ancient history :laugh:

Well when I started, the only way to get spores was to isolate it from that black gooey mush they sold on the street. Then print your own. And that was the ever popular "Unknown Strain"
Still have one of those first generation prints too! Coming up to 30 yrs old next month :smile:
Then years later... you could actually get spores through the mail... how cool.
If memory serves (and it probably doesn't) I think the first was homestead (in the US)... but for some reason that just doesn't sound right. There was also one place in Amsterdam, I think that was the one with 2 strains. I'm sure MJ would remember who they were.

Sorry best I can do :lol:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4885110 - 11/02/05 06:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the attempt. :smile: I can't remember breakfast either.

How viable do you think that 30 year old print is? hehe...

--------------------

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

#4885181 - 11/02/05 06:57 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

My oldest viable print was 22 yrs old.
Worked great!
Have my fingers crossed for this one.
I'm also expecting a print of Terance Mckennas Syzygy (arounf 15 yrs old) hopefully.
Old school stuff, I know :wink:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4885220 - 11/02/05 07:07 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Wow... 22 years. Refridgerated?

Mmmm... Mckenna spores...

--------------------

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

#4885252 - 11/02/05 07:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

No... stored in a drawer in an envelope.
Rehydrated for 1 week before using.

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
    #4885385 - 11/02/05 07:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

do vendors make a lot of money? or do they just live pay check to pay check? or is just like a side business and they have a real job?what were the spore wars all about?

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Re: print prices [Re: mskip23]
    #4885471 - 11/02/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Do you have a real job and make a lot of money? :smile:

Don't Know... Don't Care, not an issue.

Best I can do is tell you...
I'm retired and classed as independently broke...
So any $1000 donations are always welcome :lol:

Take Care

InvisibleTsinaglou
learning...
Male
Loc: midwest
    #4887497 - 11/03/05 08:06 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elgr said:
I'm interested in the history of vendors and strains. Who was the one vendor with two strains? A high times ad I assume...

Are the strains still (in some form) around today?

I can't speak to spores, but in 1981 I ordered 'Matias Romero' mycelium from a glossy add on the back of High Times. I don't remember how many cubes they had, but they also carried mexicana, tampensis and at least two pans. The vendor was Hidden Valley out of Texas. I remember how amazed I was to recieve the little vial of live mycelium in the mail...

Tsinaglou

p.s. I think it was $15 in 1981 dollars. Probably equivalent to $60 or more today.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: print prices [Re: Tsinaglou]
    #4888329 - 11/03/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I print can make 100 syringes. If you were to grow and keep printing in the same jar making up spore solution a single flush will give 1000's of syringes.
Also a print is worth more to a buyer so they will pay more. If you use syringes without LCs the vendor will sell a lot of them to you. If he sells a print he knows he is not going to get a lot of custom from you.

Also think of it the other way, why are syringes so cheap?

as for money, I think the report said PF was taking in $30,000 a month. I maybe wrong there, but that would be 100 syringes a day which is not too many, thats $360,000 a year which could be made with 365 prints.

Edited by blackout (11/03/05 11:35 AM)

OfflineWhiteBunny
 User Gallery

#4889375 - 11/03/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

In response to the FSRC response "It might be any easy and relatively inexpensive thing to knock off 50 prints from your grow... but what if you need a hundred or so strains. The FSRC has over 100 Cube and Pan prints listed. If you think it is so simple... can I expect your 50 print donation of all 100 strains in the near future?"

I don't grow for $ though. I got 50 prints off of one flush of six cakes. I did all of this while still having one full time and one part time job. If I was a vendor and was paid to provide spores then it would be a little different. I would have multiple casing of each strain. If 6 little cakes can produce easily 50+ from just one flush the how many prints would several casing produce?
I don't think if prints were cheaper that vendors would loss a lot of business because of loss of repeat business. There is a lot more risk involved in using prints instead of a perfectly sterile syringes unless there was a flaw in the printing Tek or loading of the syringe.

Also SOME (not all or even most) vendors (shroomery alike and other on the Internet)I am sure produce their own prints to be distributed. Isn't that how the inventor of the PF Tek got pinched (I maybe wrong on this on
e)?
"If you think it is so simple... can I expect your 50 print donation of all 100 strains in the near future?"
I also did donate prints of my flush to the FSRC that I sent out a few days ago and already have another batch starting up.

--------------------

Edited by WhiteBunny (11/03/05 03:36 PM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #4889429 - 11/03/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I doubt many vendors, if any, grow in their facilities or homes. I guarantee you the gov't knows where each one is, and who does it. If they caught them with live grows, they'd get busted.

I too am interested in some of the history though, thanks for making this thread.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineWhiteBunny
 User Gallery

Re: print prices [Re: demiu5]
    #4889471 - 11/03/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
I doubt many vendors, if any, grow in their facilities or homes. I guarantee you the gov't knows where each one is, and who does it. If they caught them with live grows, they'd get busted.

I would think it would be harder for the Gov. to go after the vendor. I mean PF was the leading man for a long time and acquired a lot of property and $ if my memory serves me correctly.

"ROBERT McPHERSON was arrested on February 18, 2003, at his Amanda Park residence when agents executed a search warrant. Inside the residence was a mushroom growing operation with live mushrooms. After being advised of his constitutional rights, ROBERT McPHERSON admitted that he was growing the mushrooms for his mushroom spore business. On February 21, 2003, United States Magistrate Judge J. Kelley Arnold ordered ROBERT McPHERSON permanently detained pending trial. The arraignment of ROBERT McPHERSON on the Indictment is scheduled for March 5, 2003, before Magistrate Judge Arnold."
READ IT YOURSELF United States Attorney's Office

And this was from the mushroom cultivator poineer!
It took the DEA 4 years to take the operation down. PF was selling syringes cheaper than any I have saw and still pulled in a lot of $.

--------------------

Edited by WhiteBunny (11/03/05 03:58 PM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #4889560 - 11/03/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'd be interested to see the resolution of the case also, if it has been achieved yet. But the point is he got busted. Plus, once one vendor is busted, usually the level of monitoring on the rest would go up, no?

Just my ideas, no facts.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineWhiteBunny
 User Gallery

Re: print prices [Re: demiu5]
    #4889580 - 11/03/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I can't find the link but he moved his site to an org site and the Gov. took alot of his property seized his $ but I think he got a good lawyer and got probation and tons of fines. Not sure though, can someone help me with that link?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck