Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAndero
Stranger
Ate 3 "cyans", tripped, 24 hrs later feel cramps & nausea
    #4882884 - 11/02/05 09:01 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

This post will sort of fits between forums, so I'll put it here for the intelligent response.

I picked a few cyans from some patches that I've visited before. Ate three medium sized mushrooms at 6pm on 10/31. Had a mellow time and was about baseline by 10 that night. I went to sleep and woke up feeling a little run down.

Went through my day questioning how I felt. Roughly 20 hrs after I ate them, my stomach felt very "full". I hadn't eaten in 4 or 5 hours. I also experienced very mild, sporadic cramping. I went on a long bike ride where I felt a bit of nausea and the occasional need to shit, and then came back, ate a small meal and relaxed for the evening. I was starting to get nervous that I'd been careless with my identification. I continued to have a slightly upset stomach most of the night. I woke up this morning and the full stomach is gone, but I still get an occasional cramp in the right side of my gut and the occasional feeling of nausea. I experienced no actual diarrhea or vomitting, which is what poison control said to watch for.

I've familiarized myself with the lookalikes and if I had to make a choice I would have to say it was a galerina even though Psilocybe's generally don't look THAT close. There was no obvious annulus (or sign of one) on any specimen, young or old. A distinct separable pellicle was observed on the two more mature ones, but I didn't investigate the third, which was a bit younger and more fragile from insects eating it. All stems were quite white.

I did not wash these mushrooms that I picked, so could it be some bacteria that was on them? Or should I seriously start worrying that I may have ingested a small unknown lookalike?

Sorry, as I am a bit hyperchondriacal, but with something like this I figured I am better off with other opinions.

Edited by Andero (11/02/05 10:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Ate 3 "cyans", tripped, 24 hrs later feel cramps [Re: Andero]
    #4882904 - 11/02/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like common indigestion to me. Not too long ago, I experienced the same symptoms you mention, but I hadn't eaten any kind of fungi for days. Sure, something serious _could_ be wrong, but then again, it could also be just a case of common cramps. I dunno.

OfflineLimpet_Chicken
Stranger
Loc: England
Re: Ate 3 "cyans", tripped, 24 hrs later feel cramps [Re: koraks]
    #4882921 - 11/02/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I have had some really severe nausea and mild cramps from chowing Cyanescens, I reckon the more potent species are more likely to cause sickness, as the very fact that the psychoactive tryptamines present cause it due to local agonist effect of 5HT2 receptors in the gut.

--------------------
The light blinds

So behold darkness as our new light

In our darkness we can see

So with others blindness

We take flight.

OfflineAndero
Stranger
Re: Ate 3 "cyans", tripped, 24 hrs later feel cramps [Re: Limpet_Chicken]
    #4883110 - 11/02/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

It has been almost 40 hours since ingestion and I still feel a bit of a nauseous feeling.

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Ate 3 "cyans", tripped, 24 hrs later feel cramps [Re: Andero]
    #4883148 - 11/02/05 10:25 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

in case you actually did ingest an unknown, I hope you still have some specimens left. That way the emergency staff can treat you correctly.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder