Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimpet_Chicken
Stranger
Loc: England
Cyanescens on cardboard...likelyhood of success?
    #4878737 - 11/01/05 08:01 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I am an absolute newb when it comes to woodlovers, my prev. experience is a couple of B+ Cubensis grows, and an Agaricus Bitorquis kit.

Now, something new for me, I just so happened to find a trip worth of Psilocybe Cyanescens, growing on rotting alder twigs, of course, I harvested those, and collected the spores in my dessicator as I dried the mushrooms over NaOH.

I have just attempted preperation of a simple mycelium culture, on sterrilised cardboard, with a makeshift, although completely sterile incubator, cleaned with first MeOH, then boiling water, likewise the spore syringe, MeOH rinse/fill, then rinsed with boiling water, sterile distilled water was used to make the spore solution.

Cardboard was sterrilised with boiling water, without alcohol.

How likely, is it, that perhaps I might be lucky enough to get the square of cardboard to colonise?

If they do, I will likely sterrilise the rest of the cardboard, and apply a little peroxide, followed to transfer of the mycelial culture onto as much cardboard as I have, and thence to a large woodchip bed located in some nearby quiet woods, and watered weekly, in the hope that a flush of cyans or two might pop up.

So, for those with prior experience (I.E more than me :crazy:), any chance that I might succeed in my endeavour? or is this doomed from the start? any reccomendations?

--------------------
The light blinds

So behold darkness as our new light

In our darkness we can see

So with others blindness

We take flight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: Cyanescens on cardboard...likelyhood of success? [Re: Limpet_Chicken]
    #4878766 - 11/01/05 08:19 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i have grown azuresence with cardboard SPAWN, but i'm not sure if the cardboard has enough nutrients to promote fruiting.

OfflineLimpet_Chicken
Stranger
Re: Cyanescens on cardboard...likelyhood of success? [Re: thenewguy05]
    #4878874 - 11/01/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't intend to attempt fruiting off cardboard, I was more wondering about likelyhood of colonising the cardboard, as that is what I am using as spawn, to inoculate a woodchip bed out in the woods.

--------------------
The light blinds

So with others blindness

We take flight.

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #4878915 - 11/01/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

u should b fine although outdoor beds are best done in the spring.

OfflineExothermic
Stranger
Re: Cyanescens on cardboard...likelyhood of success? [Re: thenewguy05]
    #4879055 - 11/01/05 10:22 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If you succeed in this, and i wish you luck, please do a grow log.Very interesting

OfflineLimpet_Chicken
Stranger
Re: Cyanescens on cardboard...likelyhood of success? [Re: Exothermic]
    #4880803 - 11/01/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I will do a growlog assuming I get anything at all.

Has anyone tried fruiting cyans indoors? an indoor bed would be pretty good if one were to devote a room to a grow :smile:

--------------------
The light blinds

So with others blindness

We take flight.

OfflineLimpet_Chicken
Stranger
    #4882503 - 11/02/05 03:21 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I neglected to mention, I did a second, earlier attempt in a sterillised coffee jar, on a substrate of wholemeal wheat flour (all that I had in the house) and boiled distilled water.

That was covered with two layers of cling film and kept quite wet, then inoculated with some spores from the Cyanescens prints I aqquired, the jar is now around 4 days old, and is beginning to get a cover of fluffy white mycelium.

I intend on letting the jar colonise, then transferring a specimen of the mycelium to several large casings of alder chips in icecream tubs, to try for an indoor grow, whilst saving the majority of the culture for inoculation of a several meter high hardwood chip pile nearby :biggrin:

--------------------
The light blinds

So with others blindness

We take flight.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate