Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Contamnination problems...Thoughts?
    #4877270 - 10/31/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

So I hate to be another one of those people new to this trying to pass off my failure to the Syringe the vendor sent me, but I'm beginning to think that this is the case.  Here's Why...

Bear in mind that my procedure for inoculation involves all the main steps, including Alcohol flame, 99% iso alcohol, as sterile environment as I can replicate in my apartment.

A few weeks back I Inoculated 12 jars, BOILED, 6 B+, 6 Cambodian.  The B+ all survived and are fruiting nicely in my chamber,  The Cambodians all failed.

Try #2, 6 jars, BOILED again (I know, please read on), Used a creeper syringe, all Contamned again.

Now, I finally got a pressure cooker.  5 Jars this time, Pressure cooked at 15PSI for 60min.  I Inoculated one jar with the end of the Cambodian syringe from before and the other 4 jars with a brand new Creeper syringe.  Once again they all contamned.  heres why I'm suspicious of my syringes, the 4 creeper jars all contamned with the same mold as they did in my last attempt with creep and the Cambodian contamned with the same kind of mold from my original attempt a few weeks back.  Bear in mind too that this came from the same syringe that my jars contamned with originally.

Now I'm going to conduct an experiment on this, heres my plan.  I'm going to do three jars, pressure cook for one hour again, replicate the same environment I used to inoculate my last attempts in.  I'm going to do each jar with each of the three strains I've attempted (B+ from the original syringe from a few weeks ago, Cambodian which will be a new syringe, and Creeper which will be the one from a few days ago).  I guess then Ill see what happens.  If the B+ survives and the other fail I personally think its likely that I have contaminated syringes. 

I ordered from Spores Direct BTW

any thoughts or comments on what I've said here would be greatly appreciated and I I hope I don't come off as one of those "newbs" trying to pass off my failure on someone else.  Thanks again everyone  :thumbup:

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
Re: Contamnination problems...Thoughts? [Re: diablovt1125]
    #4877450 - 10/31/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

hmm. Try innoculating your jars inside a still air glove box. I use to have the same problems with mold. Ever since I used my glove box, I've had zero contams. keep at it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag