Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCirclesongs
Stepinsidelove
 User Gallery
Loc: earth
What would be a Good Diet?
    #4874136 - 10/31/05 07:46 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I weighed myself this morning and now I'm 211lb I am 5'10" my wife thinks I should do weight watchers which I do but doesn't last for more tha a week I did atkins for 3 weeks and dropped 15lbs but that diet is really limited and doesn't sound very healthy. My problem is Beer and ice cream (not together) I do go to the gym but it's really 20% excercise and 80% diet to lose weight. Any suggestions? I do enjoy smoking herb and I tend to eat healthier once the mucnchies set in but I cant be baked all the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKungFu_Shaman
naive and lovingit

Loc: noitacaol cihpargoeg
Re: What would be a Good Diet? [Re: Circlesongs]
    #4874139 - 10/31/05 07:50 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Forget atkins, check out a book called Eat Right For (4) Your Type by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo.

It is not a "diet" persay. It explains how there is no quick fix to weight loss and better health. Dr. D'Adamo goes into the science of blood types and how each blood type should have a varied diet. By eating according to your blood type, you can harmonize your body, lose excess weight and get rid of toxins.

--------------------
Feel the wrath of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What would be a Good Diet? [Re: KungFu_Shaman]
    #4874167 - 10/31/05 08:01 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

do you eat:

fast food?
soda?
white bread / white flour?
juice w/ added sugar?
butter?
non-skim milk?
cheese?
snacks?
etc. etc.

one thing that could help would be to start recognizing which products use bleached flour or wheat flour.. and replace those items with whole grain foods.

replace soda and other drinks with 100% juice products (make sure the main ingredients are not water and sugar (or corn syrup, etc)

watch out for anything that says "hydrogenated ___ oil" that just means they took something that was naturally fatty, and created a pure fat out of it.

fast food: dont even eat it. there are a million excuses why you may say "i dont have time to cook," or etc. etc. etc. but honestly, if you care about your health you would not eat fast food. it is the exact opposite of health.

check out the new food pyramid website, you can login and keep track of everything you eat, and it will let you know where you are not eating enough, or eating too much.

http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery
Re: What would be a Good Diet? [Re: kotik]
    #4874476 - 10/31/05 09:41 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

you like your carbs...

peace

cateyes

Offlinecompman
Stranger
Re: What would be a Good Diet? [Re: cateyes]
    #4880606 - 11/01/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ok there is only one "good" way to lose weight. that is to eat healthy and excercise. simple as that...all these miracle ways of losing weight without having to work for it are pure bullshit.

follow kotik's advice, cut out all unneccesary foods and start eating like humans were meant to. buy a huge bag of mixed vegetables and make sure you eat a bit with each meal of the day. try to eat more chicken, fish, turkey and so on. just buy all the foods in their most natural, unprocessed form and you will be fine.

on top of that start riding your bike more, go for walks, jog...pick up an excercise program. that and hard work is all it takes you get the body and lifestyle you deserve.

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4881993 - 11/01/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

First off, forget about your weight. It is unimportant. If you follow a well rounded healthy diet your weight will take care of itself.

No more fast or fried foods. No more junk food and soda pops. Think natural foods, including grilled chicken breast and fish.

But as you diet your metabolism will slow down, and you might fall into a rut.

This is where exercise comes in, it will increase your metabolism rate once again. And no diet is worth it's grain of salt if some kind of exercise program is not also included in the overall diet. Cardiovascular and weights.

I measure myself around the waist at the belly to get my true results. It is a long process. I have lost 4 inches off my belly this year(thought I would could easily lose an inch a month :grin:, I wish), but I have gained over 10 pounds in the process.

I'm beginning to lose it in the places i need to, and gaining in the places that are good places to be gaining it at.

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: What would be a Good Diet? [Re: gregorio]
    #4883130 - 11/02/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

www. johnstonefitness.com

Read all the stickies/FAQ and it will give you a pretty good idea what to do if you wish to lose weight/gain muscle

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What would be a Good Diet? [Re: Ramlaen]
    #4890635 - 11/03/05 07:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Losing weight isn't as hard as you might think once you get into it. I'm 5'11 and used to weight about 148-150 or so. I started religiously working out at a YMCA and doing cardiovascular exercises... mostly running 3-6+ miles a few times a week. I've lost 20-25 pounds since doing this, and have gained considerable muscle definition. My advice to you is to remains the stereotypical; if you want to lose weight, cardiovascular exercise.

Burn more than you eat.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineGamera

Loc: Nonlocal
Re: What would be a Good Diet? [Re: Society]
    #4894159 - 11/04/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Two words: Glycemic Index. Works like Atkins but is heathier and a lot easier.

--------------------
Money is human happiness in the abstract; he, then, who is no longer capable of enjoying human happiness in the concrete devotes himself utterly to money.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Offlinegregorio
Too Damn Old
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: What would be a Good Diet? [Re: Ramlaen]
    #4895010 - 11/04/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check that out.

Offlinealarmist
fade like a sigh
Loc: canada
Re: What would be a Good Diet? [Re: gregorio]
    #4898471 - 11/05/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

just start doing cardio, eating properly, no junk food or anything..

forget the scale entirely...you'll start to look better and feel better about yourself in no time and become motivated. i'm sure your wife will enjoy the healthier you and thus provide even more motivation

last week i went on a mcdonalds binge but i started to get back into the gym and eating healthy and i feel great

--------------------
there's no love in fear

Edited by alarmist (11/05/05 08:49 PM)

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4905593 - 11/07/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Lots of good advice so far. May i make one more suggestion: try eating smaller portions of food, but more often. This provides two benefits, which is 1) speed up your metabolism and 2) shrink your stomach which will keep you from overeating.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies