Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehfxchef
Stranger
I ate four grams of shrooms on my first go.. and I didn't feel anything!
    #4871222 - 10/30/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys.

I've been preparing and reading a lot of info on shrooms, and I decided to try it for my first time. I ate one gram at 11:30pm, and I waited 'til around 12:30pm, and I had no noticeable signs (I weight 220, and I'm 6'0). I ate another 3 grams at 12:30pm and I waited patiently 'til 2:00am.. and still nothing.

My friends all ate shrooms too and they were tripping out the entire time.

Is it common for first timers to not trip off of shrooms? How can I fix this? I'm really dissapointed. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: I ate four grams of shrooms on my first go.. and I didn't feel anything! [Re: hfxchef]
    #4871233 - 10/30/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

well its possible but really rare that they just wont work for you, but i doubt it

did you eat anything before hand? if you took them on a full stomach, they wouldnt work

make sure you had the same type of shrooms your friends had, or else you could have had non-active shrooms

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Invisiblegogrowgo123
all the same

Re: I ate four grams of shrooms on my first go.. and I didn't feel anything! [Re: hfxchef]
    #4871238 - 10/30/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

was it dry or fresh, and what was your source (did you pick and identify them yourself, buy off the streets, or grow your own)?

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: I ate four grams of shrooms on my first go.. and I didn't feel anything! [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #4871244 - 10/30/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I would imagine that 4g would be enough to make something noticeable even with a non-empty stomach.

Did you have the same type as your friends? Its possible that they prepared your batch wrongly if they made chocolates or tea. Otherwise I would lean towards them not being active mushrooms.

Also certain medications may diminish the effects of mushrooms. There is also some cross tolerance between LSD and some other psychedellics. Any of this may have played a role. Answer these questions and we should be able to get a better idea as to what is going on here.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Offlinehfxchef
Stranger
Re: I ate four grams of shrooms on my first go.. and I didn't feel anything! [Re: gogrowgo123]
    #4871249 - 10/30/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It was dry, and it was from my friend who deals them. I ate about 3 hours before I ate the shrooms.

They were indeed the same type of shrooms that my friends were eating.

Next weekend I won't eat anything the entire day and I'll eat a gram and see what happens...

I'm pretty pissed, though. Forty bucks down the drain. :P

I'm currently on my second day of taking Prozac.. for my ADHD. Could that be the problem?

Edited by hfxchef (10/30/05 03:26 PM)

Offlinehfxchef
Stranger
    #4871329 - 10/30/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, let me explain some more:

I've been taking dexedrine since Grade 9 for my ADHD.. I stopped taking it about 5 months ago. I was then put on Concerta.. then taken off of it and now I am on Prozac.

Maybe these medications are the reasoning as to why I didn't trip at all on shrooms?

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4871357 - 10/30/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Ahhh yes..prozac is an SSRI, which generally lessens the experience. I'm not sure about completely eliminating the trip, but prozac certainly played a role.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #4871364 - 10/30/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

>if you took them on a full stomach, they wouldnt work

this isnt the place to spread false info asshole...
educate yourself BEFORE you speak...

anyways... the first four times my sister tried them not shit happened to her and it still takes her a good four hours to get going
i have never been able to find or figure out why this happens imnot sure about your meds... i know that MAOI's have something to do with it but never really had any reason to find out... try to snoop around on www.erowid.org for info

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder