Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Poisonous Fly Agarics ?
    #4868029 - 10/29/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Can anyboby tell me if there are any poisonous fly agaric look alikes ?.I have found some shrooms near to where i live in England,and im 95% certain they are amantia muscaria( big dome to parasol cap, red with white spots, white stem, white gills, grows under silver birch trees ).The only doubt i have comes from reading things that make it sound like there is some risk involved in identifying these mushrooms.Are there any dangerous Amantia muscaria lookalikes around my parts, or am i fairly safe with the use of abit of common sense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Poisonous Fly Agarics ? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #4868261 - 10/29/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, this family has deadly poisonous members. The deadly ones don't look quite like the red fly agaric.
A. muscaria is identifyable by the concentric rings around the base. These mushrooms require extreme caution, and IMO, are not worth messing with. Too many risks involved for undesirable effects.
Read up and be careful.

peace

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

Re: Poisonous Fly Agarics ? [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4868266 - 10/29/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

what other mushroom is red with white spots on the top? any?

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Poisonous Fly Agarics ? [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4868298 - 10/29/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Right off the top of my head, Amanita parcivolvata , maybe others. It is a dangerous family to be messing with, imo.

Edit to the first reply: A good example is a couple of threads down in "-var. formosa?" Especially in the last pic, you can see the variations of the concentric rings about the base.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (10/29/05 08:42 PM)

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
Re: Poisonous Fly Agarics ? [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4869289 - 10/30/05 01:45 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

To the best of my knowledge their are no deadly poisenous amanitas that look much like muscaria.

Since the genus amanita does have deadly species, obviously you need to now what you are doing. However the people that take the biggest risks in this genus are the ones that seek out the edible amanitas, as some of them can be easily confused with deadly look alikes. A classic example of this is the spring version of cocora.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag