Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

Mushrooms in olympia
    #4854602 - 10/26/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

hey everyone. im new to the board, so if i do anything stupid, let me know. I've posted on totse as TheMeatPirate for a number of years, some of you might be familiar with it, so i hope things will work out around here. I'm pretty new to the mushroom world. I've been hunting a few times, but never with anyone who has more knowledge about it than i, simply using books, not eating anything unless i'm completley 100% sure it is what i think it is.

I'm from Seattle, WA where i have found P. cyanescens mushrooms growing fresh a few times, they grow like madness all over town up there, lots of parks, and woodsy roads have tons of them. I'm now living in Olympia, going to school, and i've been mushroom hunting a few times, and haven't found any. I've found chantrelles, shaggy parasols, shaggy manes, boletes, but no P. cyanescens.

Is anyone from the area and know that they grow around the area? if so, what parts of town? is it just not time yet? it's rained quite a bit, but maybe not enough? i've been looking mostly in the forest and feilds, far away from and near roads, am i just looking in the wrong places? i can't think of any landscaped areas around here...

thanks
Monkey

--------------------
[url=http:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinehEAtOniKgun
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Wa.
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: SuchSmartMonkeys]
    #4854883 - 10/26/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well SuchSmartMonkeys, I havent had any luck finding cyans either in Federal Way, WA, but this is my first serious year, and im still looking for spots. But I know the only way to find them is just to keep looking, so take a look at this:

HABITAT Widely scattered to densely gregarious on woodchips, sawdust, mulch, and humus, and on lawns rich in lignin; partial to coniferous debris, but fond of adler and eucalyptus. It is fairly common in the San Francisco bay area in cold weather (December through February),especially in landscaped areas and mulched flower beds, and is also fairly common in Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.

So just look all around your city for areas like it describes in parks, yards, churches, schools, business parks, etc. I have also noticed a majority of the cyanscens I have seen pictures of were found in woodchips that have been taken over by other vegetation, such as weeds and vines, that recieve tons of shade.

Good luck finding.

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: hEAtOniKgun]
    #4855113 - 10/26/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've been hunting quite a bit this season without any luck on any of my hunts but last week, i was riding my bike around the neighborhood with one of my friends waiting on a bag and i just happened to look down onto this persons garden next to the sidewalk and found a very decent sized patch.

After that, i was thrilled and i felt like i could find them anywhere so i rode my bike around the corner of the block and what do ya know... another patch at least 3 times the size of the first one in a ditch off the side of somebodys driveway. I've already harvested these two patches two times in the past 8 days or so and i'm waiting to do it again friday!!

I most certainly wont tell you where my patches are but this was on the east side of Olympia (Boston Harbor-ish). Just keep on looking and you'll find em! Try and travel by bycicle as much as possible and always keep your eyes peeled.. you'll most likely find them when you least expect it!

SM

--------------------
Older and wiser, but not old and not wise.

OfflinehEAtOniKgun
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Wa.
Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #4856959 - 10/26/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You asshole, what was the subtrate (what were they growing on) like in those peoples lawns mushroom?

Thanks, hEAtOniK

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
Male User Gallery

#4874868 - 10/31/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

man, you just foun them in a ditch and in someone's yard on the eastside? i live in the west side, and i bike all the time, i've been in mad search of these things for ages, and have found them in seatle before, but never here...it's been raining lots the last few days, rained a lot last night....maybe i'll go try to find some after i get out of class....TESC

seriously though, i went in mad search of them on wednesday, rode my bike around all day looking for P. cyanescens, but only found a few boletes growing in someone's lawn...

where should i be looking? what type of a place did you find yours in sacred mushroom? i'm about to take a trip up to seattle soon just for the soul purpose of picking P. cyanaescens cause i know where they are unless I can find some here....

!monkey

--------------------
[url=http:

Edited by SuchSmartMonkeys (10/31/05 04:04 PM)

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
Male User Gallery

#4881400 - 11/01/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i have the next two days off (wednesday and thursday) it's been raining the last 3 days, i think i'm about to scout out on bike and go huntin'. what am i looking for here....i see areas all over the place like the pictures of other people's finds on this site, maybe just not out yet before...i'm hoping.

monkey

--------------------
[url=http:

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

#4882158 - 11/01/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

In the persons garden they're growing out of very loose soil covered in decomposing grass and leaves, scattered throughout their shrubbery. In the ditch i found them in, some are growing from scattered bark while others are growing directly out of packed dirt with the mycelium above the surface (with the cover of blackberrys and grass).

Yeah, it's been dumpin buckets on us lately. This weekend i'm gonna be out and about. Last year i had a huge patch in front of my house but i was un-educated about hunting and i completley fucked my patch by not using scissors.

I found a stray Cyan amongst a large patch of Galerina Autumnalis in my neighbors bark covered lawn the other day, i'm hoping these rains wake up the rest of em!!

There was nothing special about the places i found my mushies, they can potentially grow just about everywhere it's just a matter of finding where they are!!

SM  :rastamon:

--------------------

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
Male User Gallery

#4883338 - 11/02/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i think i'm going hunting today, i'm at my girlfriend's house in the east side, about to strike out from here when she has to go to school at 11....i've got my bike, so i can cover a decent amount of ground....on my last search, i looked mostly for wood chips and mulched areas, but i guess i'll start looking more in grassy areas with loose soil and lots of leaves...from what i've seen on here, it looks and sounds like that's the place to look...i've looked all kinds of places i would have expected to find them like the places in seattle, but found none, so today i look in new places...

~monkey

--------------------
[url=http:

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
Male User Gallery

#4890197 - 11/03/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i went hunting today, and i hit the motherload!! i found 3 patches, of what i am about 90% positive that are cyanescens, picked a bunch, made sure to leave a bunch. decent amount of pins coming up in all spots also, only one spot had them too old to pick...i didn't have scissors, i felt bad about that, but i made sure to just pinch off towards the bottom of the stem, leaving the mycelium perfectly intact for later visits...

i wasnt to make sure that i've identified these right though:
1. caps domed in small ones, wavy in adults
2. caps almost chestnut brown, bald with a little nipple on top, and a few of them have darkened spots where bruised
3. gills are light brown, older ones have darker gills
4. stalks thin and white, blue bruising where picked
5. the very small ones had the fibrous veile
6. lots growing in one location, some growing so close touching
at the first place it was growing on the side of a hill that had some wood chips on it, the second place they were growing in the grass about 5 feet from a wood chip bed, then the third batch was just in someone's yard, in the grass....that was weird
and i'm working on spore prints right now, i'll post the results on those in an hour or two

Flesh of the gods!

thanks
?!Happy Monkey

--------------------
[url=http:

Edited by SuchSmartMonkeys (11/03/05 06:31 PM)

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
Male User Gallery

#4896442 - 11/05/05 02:45 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

well, i'm positive they are P. cyanescens...is there any way possible to tak a shovel and dig out like a 1'x1'x1' chunk of the soil it was growing in and plant it in similar soil near my house? would it continue to grow?

monkey

--------------------
[url=http:

Offlinenihilistninja
new but enthused
Loc: olympia, wa
    #4896514 - 11/05/05 03:33 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i'm in olympia too. been hunting for weeks and just found some amanitas today.

LOCATION EDITED OUT

--------------------
we have art in order to not die of truth.
- nietzsche

Edited by DH (11/06/05 10:45 AM)

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: nihilistninja]
    #4897205 - 11/05/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i live in the west side, and i found 3 different patches in once day. one of them was on the west side then the other 2 were up on top of the hill in the eastside, one in a park, one in someone's front yard. keep up the hunt man, you'll find some. i was resolving to not find any, i was getting ready to give up, but found my first patch on my way home.

monkey

LOCATION EDITED OUT

--------------------
[url=http:

Edited by DH (11/06/05 10:44 AM)

OfflineJadeWarrior
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4897462 - 11/05/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I live in Olympia too and have been searching my ass off! havent found a thing, (with the exception of maybe some liberty caps, but didn't know what they were.) WHERE ARE THEY AROUND HERE! There was rumor, well more than rumor, good fact almost, of a spot over on the eastside, that they were just growin right off the road, in a little ditch, but think some guy picks as soon as they grow back. if you live in the area and could lend a tip to a desperate hunter, that would be great...im not look to steal em all, i just want to have a little fun, thanks.

LOCATION EDITED OUT

Edited by DH (11/06/05 10:44 AM)

OfflineJadeWarrior
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms in olympia [Re: JadeWarrior]
    #4897603 - 11/05/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I've tons of Amanitas around here though. Not sure if theyre deadly or a deliriant but theyre amanitas. Not Too interested in those myself, I lookin for some cyans. saw the picked ones myself, looked pretty good, ive looked out there and didnt find anything, also had some trouble finding access.

LOCATION EDITED OUT

Edited by DH (11/06/05 10:50 AM)

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
Male User Gallery

#4898068 - 11/05/05 06:04 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

keep hunting man, you'll find them. this was my 3rd time going out for like 4-5 hour mushroom hunts in search of specifically P. cyanescens without finding anything the first 2 times, and i finally hit the motherload.

monkey

LOCATION EDITED OUT

--------------------
[url=http:

Edited by DH (11/06/05 10:42 AM)

Offlinegilbert
mexican

#4898145 - 11/05/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

hey guys im in olympia too! its not allowed to organize a hunting party on these boards right? sorry if it is mods.

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

#4898772 - 11/05/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JadeWarrior said:
There was rumor, well more than rumor, good fact almost, of a spot over on the eastside, that they were just growin right off the road, in a little ditch, but think some guy picks as soon as they grow back.

hahaha! thats halarious.. that guy is me. i found those patches while i was with a few people and now everyone knows about it.. i'm sure people are picking em, it pisses me off but i've had to many mushrooms for now. i'm tired!!

the patches looked beautiful when i first found them. there were so many pins poping up absoulutley everywhere but people started raiding the patches.. it fuckin pissed me off, there were holes in the ground where the thick spots were!! theres not to much point in going there now, there all ravaged.

read my posts earlier in the thread.. i describe the patches near **************. its funny how word gets around eh?!
:tongue2:

LOCATION EDITED OUT

Edited by DH (11/06/05 12:20 PM)

Offlinesacred_mushroom
Growing now
 User Gallery

#4898809 - 11/05/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

jadewarrior, who did you hear that from? sounds like alot of people know about it.

i'll post pics of my haul from those patches in this thread when i figure out how.

--------------------

OfflineJadeWarrior
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4899371 - 11/06/05 01:45 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I think i know who you are now, small world i guess. And i heard it from the guy you found them with i think.

LOCATION EDITED OUT

Edited by DH (11/06/05 10:41 AM)

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #4900095 - 11/06/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

hey,

can you kids kindly STOP FUCKING POSTING THE NAMES OF SCHOOLS WHERE YOU FIND/HUNT FOR SHROOMS?

I don't think I really need to explain why.  that stuff has no place here, and we don't need to be spreading that kind of information.  discussing it in pm's is fine, on the boards is not.

if anyone keeps it up, I'm gonna have to consider a ban.

I feel like a babysitter.  think before you post for fucks sake...  how the hell is posting stuff like that a good idea?

jesus

:rolleyes:

DH

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract