Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms?
    #4842686 - 10/23/05 06:54 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ive never tripped before (well actually thats not completely true, i had one mild LSA trip but it was only a level one trip which very little visuals or anything). i used to smoke a lot of weed but i quit that and i no longer use any drugs. however id like to experience a psychedelic experience before i die and im wondering which drug i should go with? i have access to lsd, shrooms and ecstasy (although im aware thats very different and less psychedelic), which is best for a firt timer? i am leaning towards shrooms because they are natural.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineArcofaJourney
Internaltransportationdevice
 User Gallery
Loc: your imagination
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: porcupine]
    #4842704 - 10/23/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Shrooms or LSD would be good. My first LSD trip changed my life, but it was really really good shit. I've had some weaker ones since then. i've done shrooms maybe 20 times and only 2 have matched that first LSD trip, so if i had to choose i'd pick LSD, but shrooms are no slouch. i envy you, i have no access to any of that shit anymore  :sad:  take advantage of it while you can.

InvisiblePsilicubes
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? *DELETED* [Re: porcupine]
    #4842712 - 10/23/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Psilicubes

Reason for deletion: Property of the DEA

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: Psilicubes]
    #4842757 - 10/23/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

shrooms

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: Bamaman]
    #4842781 - 10/23/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i've always wanted to try those types of drugs when i was young but never did when i got into my 20's i tried shrooms when i was 21 for the first time it made me understand things and i learned alot , i still havnt done acid i kinda want to but everybody i kno who has done it says its worthless and that shrooms rule acid neday but still as a person who wants to try everything atleast once i'l like to eat a hit or two .. oh yeh i would say for a first timer shrooms first like dood said much easier and i dont think u want a major headfuck your first time

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: RandomHero]
    #4842853 - 10/23/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RandomHero said:
i've always wanted to try those types of drugs when i was young but never did when i got into my 20's i tried shrooms when i was 21 for the first time it made me understand things and i learned alot , i still havnt done acid i kinda want to but everybody i kno who has done it says its worthless and that shrooms rule acid neday but still as a person who wants to try everything atleast once i'l like to eat a hit or two .. oh yeh i would say for a first timer shrooms first like dood said much easier and i dont think u want a major headfuck your first time

It's possible that they just didn't get good hits. Or maybe they just don't prefer it.

As far as a 'headfuck' goes. I'm not really sure what this is. I generally hear people refer to it when they have lots of thoughts going through their heads, get stuck in loops, etc. To me, this is a part of tripping itself. Am I right in assuming that it means all the mental aspects (everything aside from body high, visual and other senses being altered)?

If so, I'd certainly say that mushrooms have much more 'headfuck' than acid, by a long shot. And as such, I'd recommend mushrooms for the first time. It'll give you the full spectrum of things, and it's easier to find.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4842902 - 10/23/05 07:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Take either.
In my opinion this is the same as asking whether a person should try Green or Black tea first.

Try either one, LSD or the mushrooms.. Hopefully you will come to see that each chemical acts differently and uniquely. The differences are enjoyable.

Also you will hopefully read lots of great literature on both drugs and all psychedelics!! Stay educated.

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

OfflineArcofaJourney
 User Gallery
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: dante]
    #4842970 - 10/23/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dante said:
Take either.
In my opinion this is the same as asking whether a person should try Green or Black tea first.

Try either one, LSD or the mushrooms.. Hopefully you will come to see that each chemical acts differently and uniquely. The differences are enjoyable.

Also you will hopefully read lots of great literature on both drugs and all psychedelics!! Stay educated.

Exactly my point. And from a fellow New Jersian too...go figure.

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #4842992 - 10/23/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah man, just trying to make sure everyone stays open to everything. I think a lot of people get stuck in certain ideas and myths and don't bother to discover the truth for themselves.. for instance, the natural versus synthetic -ones good and ones bad blah blah.

Anyway, where in New Jersey are ya from?

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

#4843008 - 10/23/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

biggest thing i would think (havent done either myself actually, just lots of pot and meditation) is to try and not have a bad trip, just get really excited and make sure there are no cops or somethin to turn your trip bad, perhaps sitting and listening to music or meditation for the first one, duno what kind of trip your lookin for

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

OfflineArcofaJourney
 User Gallery
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: dante]
    #4843013 - 10/23/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dante said:
Yeah man, just trying to make sure everyone stays open to everything. I think a lot of people get stuck in certain ideas and myths and don't bother to discover the truth for themselves.. for instance, the natural versus synthetic -ones good and ones bad blah blah.

Anyway, where in New Jersey are ya from?

Sending you a PM...

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
    #4843086 - 10/23/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

yeh as far as taken acid goes im gonna eat sum sooner or later and discover for myself how it is everyone had there own opinion about everything . hehehe im sittin here with sum dry cubes in my hand holdin on to them till halloween cant wait

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

OfflineTMonk
PsychadelicStudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt State University
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: RandomHero]
    #4843895 - 10/23/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Remember that the effects each chemical has depends on the dosage.

Psilocybin and LSD are equally unique and amazing imo.
In my experience, neither is more or less psychologically hard to handle. Mushrooms can be confusing and scary moment to moment, but LSD is very stressful when the whole experience is taken into account.

Anyway I say either half eighth-2.5 g's good cubies or ~150 ug's LSD (hard to approximate obviously)

--------------------
"Let me tell some one about this dream:
The sky was filled with stars,
while the sun,
kissed the mountains blue.
And eleven moons
ran across the rainbows
above me and you..."
-One Rainy Wish

Edited by TMonk (10/23/05 11:14 PM)

Invisiblesupersapien
Sapient

Loc: US Ohio
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: TMonk]
    #5279192 - 02/08/06 08:35 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Buy both, save the acid, take the shrooms. Work your way up. Since this is your first trip, do it in a safe place, where you won't have to leave, with plenty of time to rest afterwards. Every single time I have shroomed, I had to go to work about 6 hours after the trip. It's very frustrating. Hell, one time I had to go to the airport and fly home from Wisconsin about one hour after I stopped tripping.

OfflineCrowsnose
Stranger
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: supersapien]
    #5279345 - 02/08/06 09:15 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've only used acid (and salvia) and my first trip was the easist to handle, however I'd still consider it the most crazy. Smoking a bit of herb during the come up should help chill you out if you're feeling too anxious.

Edited by Crowsnose (02/08/06 09:20 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: porcupine]
    #5279434 - 02/08/06 09:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

they're both good, if you can get good cid I'd say take that. I always have way more fun on that.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineb1tH
I Am You

Re: first time tripper, should i take acid or shrooms? [Re: gdman]
    #5279451 - 02/08/06 09:32 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Why not try both? I mean take two weekends and take the mushrooms one weekend and eat the acid another. Decide for yourself. Good luck with that.

--------------------
Nothing lasts...

My Music:  www.myspace.com/heretictheory

...But nothing is lost.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom