Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescrob
Bingo Bongo

Loc: Redstar
Failed to trip tonight
    #4842577 - 10/23/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Well tonight a local shroomer and I went out and picked about 50 liberty caps using his local knowledge.  He says he has picked and tripped from this place before. We divided our haul at the end, and went our separate ways.

When I got home, I boiled about 25-30 of the shrooms in a pan of water for about 30minutes, I then strained it into a mug and mixed in a tea bag, et voila: mushroom tea.

I drank the tea and repeated the process, to get the most out of the mushrooms.  1 hour later and I was still feeling zero effects, so I attempted to eat the remains of the stewed mushrooms.  After my 8th or 9th I thought I was going to be sick, they were so repulsive, so I retreated to my room in the hope that the trip would begin...but it didn't, and 3 hours later I'm still totally fine.  I texted the other guy, and he hasn't tried his side of the bargain yet.

Now, this leaves me with three options.  Either we picked the wrong mushrooms, I didn't prepare enough of them, or I prepared them wrongly.  What do you guys think?

I am so disappointed.  This was my third hunt and my first with someone experienced, and we found mushrooms which indeed looked and fitted the description of liberty caps outlined on this website, and were totally different to any of the non-libs I found on my previous 2 hunts.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

scrob  :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineantioch
..is stilltripping
 User Gallery

Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: scrob]
    #4842607 - 10/23/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You actually ate the stewed mushrooms? Bleh.

They probably were actually liberty caps if the 'local shroomer' said they worked. I'm thinking either you didn't have enough or by boiling them, killed all the psilocbyin(?). :thumbdown:

-antioch :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleRESTLESS
C.M.L.W.

#4842610 - 10/23/05 06:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Heat kills pcilocybin.

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4842616 - 10/23/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I'm betting boiling them for half an hour destroyed most if not all the psilocybin.

You're supposed to get the water boiling, take it off the stove then put the mushrooms in.

Offlinescrob
Bingo Bongo

Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: RESTLESS]
    #4842620 - 10/23/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah but "mushroom tea" is a well known way to consume mushrooms, and well you need to heat the tea to make it. I know heat destroys psilocybin, but I thought it was nearer 300deg celcious? water boils at 100deg...

I made it under instruction from the guy who I went shrooming with.

I'm now totally confused and very disheartened.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
    #4842637 - 10/23/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

his boiling it didn't harm it. when i didn't know better we boiled shrooms for 4 hours to get some of the water out and it came out fine. however, now i use the seeping method.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineArcofaJourney
Internaltransportationdevice
 User Gallery
Loc: your imagination
Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4842659 - 10/23/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

why can't the things just be eaten whole?

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4842674 - 10/23/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

u only had 30 of them and most of the chemical agents were lost durin the boiling process could be the reason for you not trippin out altho i would think u had a decent dose like i said maybe it was the boiling of them ...    :zoom: :sonar: :pacman: :smoker: :happyheart: :regularshroom: :bigweed: :mushroom2: :sunny: :juggle: :cheers: :2cents:

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: ArcofaJourney]
    #4842700 - 10/23/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Tea sucks. There is no if and or but's about it. It sucks. Heat destroys psilocin boiling it in water makes no sense. The taste isn't that bad. You just eat it..

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: musher_420]
    #4842735 - 10/23/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i wouldnt go so far as to say shroom tea sucks i have tripped the hardest ever off tea of course the only shrooms i've tripped off would be the cubensis .. i never boil my shrooms i boil the water then cut it on low then place dry or fresh shrooms in the water to steep NEVER BOIL .. matter made sum tea with 4 grams of dry cubes came out to be about 2 cups i drunk that and ate about 2 grams of dry cubes trip came on within 20 mins and it was an amazing level 4 trip :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:  so in my opinion tea does NOT suck by any means  :nono: :nono: :nono:

--------------------

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: RandomHero]
    #4842755 - 10/23/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

agreed, my last trip i split an oz 4 ways in tea and it was incredible.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
    #4842778 - 10/23/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Although I agree that there really isn't much wrong with tea, I dunno if you can use drinking/eating 6g of dried cubes to get to lvl4 as good support for tea hehe.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

Offlinescrob
Bingo Bongo

Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: Ramuh]
    #4842809 - 10/23/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Right I'm still none the wiser. I guess I'll go pick more and ingest them fresh, although I don't know if I'll be able to stomach them without throwing up, they are so damn slimy!

I might cut them into small pieces with a pair of scissors and try drinking them in fruit juice. If that doesn't work, I'll know for sure they are not the correct mushrooms.

One other thing I noticed was lots of tiny tiny maggots (I think?) floating around in my tea, pure white about 4mm long and maybe 0.2mm thick. Not a pleasant thought but I gulped them down anyway!

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

#4842852 - 10/23/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ewwwww maggots  :rofl2: whenever i pick fresh cubes out the field and eat them fresh theres sumtimes little itty bitty black bugs that fall from the caps but yeh i eat em neways yum yum  :rofl2: :nut:

--------------------

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
    #4842872 - 10/23/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Tea always works for me!

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: dante]
    #4842997 - 10/23/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Fine then!.. I guess.. MY TEA SUCKS!!! The only time I made it I never boiled the water or anything. I did stir them almost the whole time they were on the heat.. probally causing more to oxidise. The water was dark blue either way. I took 7g of good shrooms too and even ate the mush afterwards. Almost no effect. If I ate those normally I would have been swimming. I made the tea for a first timer and they told me it had no effect on them as well.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: musher_420]
    #4843017 - 10/23/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Boil water, and when its done pour into a cup containing the dried mushrooms. The mushrooms should be grinded up, this allows for more magic to come out.. steep (let them sit in the water) the dried mushrooms for about 15 minutes. It should work fine. If it doesn't, I don't understand it. I have heard of it failing for others using the same method I have and I don't really get it.

However, if you can eat them straight with no problem, then theres no problem! enjoy

--------------------
The clouds above us join & separate,
The breeze in the courtyard leaves & returns.
Like is like that, so why not relax?
Who can stop us from celebrating?

-Lu Yu

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Re: Failed to trip tonight [Re: dante]
    #4843057 - 10/23/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

dante is right it should work fine how he said it if ne-thing u could always up the dose my method for a pretty damn good trip would be 3.5 grams a cup of water i usually cake 2 cups of tea containing 7 grams of dried shroom powder it always gives me a awesome time

--------------------

Offlinescrob
Bingo Bongo

#4844739 - 10/24/05 05:26 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Mine were stewed FRESH, they weren't dried. So I guess between that and the fact they were on the heat for 30mins, I guess I musta fucked up. They looked so happy too:

OfflineCloud_Skipper
Loc: UK
    #4844775 - 10/24/05 06:40 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Eat them dry. Wet libs are just gross to eat. I would also suggest trying a few more than 25-30, maybe try 50-60 to get you into a level 3 trip. Also try to eat them at all roughly the same time, instead of panning out ingestion over a few cups of mushroom tea etc.
If you are insistent on eating them fresh, or don't want to wait until they are dry, why not try chopping your fresh libs up, and adding them to a small portion of Dolmio (cold is nice), maybe the one with extra mushrooms :laugh: this takes all that yucky taste away. :happyheart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag