Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespank0r
 User Gallery
Soaking WBS then draining.. can you drain too much?
    #4837950 - 10/22/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hey all,

On 6T's guide for example, he says to thoroughly let the soaked WBS lose all its drips of water through a strainer, and if it drips once (I banged it against the sink to see if it would drip) it's too much. (Well at least this is how I interpreted the guide.) I followed this advice and now I'm worried that soaked WBS (to it's saturation point) itself might not be enough water for the colonization process.

This happened to my PFTEK when there simply wasn't enough water for the mycel to keep ripping through the subtrate.

Should I be worried?

6T guide at http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23619 for reference. Thanks all!

Edited by spank0r (10/28/05 07:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Soaking WBS then draining.. can you drain too much? [Re: spank0r]
    #4838055 - 10/22/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i wouldnt be worried. i ususly put some verm in my WBS jars just incase there is a lil extra water. but last time i made up some WBS jars i didnt have any verm so i did like they said in the tec and drained till no water drops came out the bottom of the straighner and all my WBS jars are plenty moist enough, mabye a lil wetter than i needed.

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinedjred

Re: Soaking WBS then draining.. can you drain too much? [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4838080 - 10/22/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i have issues with wbs taking for ever to colonize..usually i take a paper towel through the wbs in the pot..and that gets alot of the extra water out..you know you have enough water when the seed pops split..ect...but yes im thinking on going to rye it's beena month since knocking up my qt jars they r not even hlaf way done..the inside is colonized it seems but it's just tajking longer then usual..

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Soaking WBS then draining.. can you drain too much? [Re: djred]
    #4838131 - 10/22/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

its been taking me 12-14 days using multi spore inoculatin using WBS pint sized jars.

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Soaking WBS then draining.. can you drain too much? [Re: spank0r]
    #4838214 - 10/22/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If you soaked the WBS long enough that it expanded - as much as it will? You are fine. The object of draining is to remove any excess water OUTSIDE THE WBS. Don't worry...... :grin: I drain 15 or 20 minutes & shake the screen/collender a few times - during draining. You are right. Whack the collender down on something & see if it drips, when you do. If not - its good to go.

Below is an example of WBS grain combo. Bucket was filled with WBS 2/3rds full & filled to the top with water. WBS expanded - almost to the top of the bucket.

BTW...........I was 6T.... in another life & wrote that TEK.

--------------------

Offlinespank0r
 User Gallery
Re: Soaking WBS then draining.. can you drain too much? [Re: agar]
    #4839503 - 10/22/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks all you guys! Great help from everyone!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract