Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Sickly smelling, over-incubated, thick white WBS jars.
    #4831897 - 10/20/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

AFOAF says:

I have a lot of 1qt WBS jars that have been in the incubator (AFTER full colonization) for a month or more. There is no fridge space, and he is a lazy bastard that should take better care of his babies.

Having said that; The jars are developing a rotten fruit smell, and small "gell" spots on the sides and bottom. Although not overly wet in appearance, one would guess "wet spot". The spots look like a mushroom would when it has been sitting (fresh) for too long. You know, to be honest, they look like loogies. Thats right...balls of snot.

I would be posting this in contamination forums, but I have already spawned some to poo. They seem to be doing alright, but damnit did they smell like wetspot.

Anyone want to take bets on how the poo will do? Will it isolate or kill the bad stuff, and still be okay? Will the bad stuff spread (if in fact it is bad stuff...which I assume it is)

If the substrate looks healthy, what are the odds that it is healthy?

I was just kind of hoping that the poo would give it a mushroommiddlefinger and go ahead with it's destiny. 50 LB's of poo has a lot of contamination fighting experience, don'tcha think?

FOAF thanks ya

'Doobers

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Sickly smelling, over-incubated, thick white WBS jars. [Re: ADoobie]
    #4831923 - 10/20/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I have a lot of 1qt WBS jars that have been in the incubator (AFTER full colonization) for a month or more.

Could be mycelium piss.

I have had jars that have sat awhile after colonization that developed/emitted this snotty looking liquid. They were fine.
I have heard some people call this mycelium piss, but, I have no idea what it really is. I assume it is mycelium waste from consuming nutrients from the substrate. That would be my guess.
I don't remember any "bad" smells though.

my two pennies

Doc

:cool: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Sickly smelling, over-incubated, thick white WBS jars. [Re: doc34]
    #4834457 - 10/21/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Well it's definitly not myc piss. I will see if I can get a camera today to show you guys. The poo looks great and healthy though, at least the top layer of spawn does....it hasn't adapted to the poo yet. But I guess that means it's all good in the hood. Yah, I will go buy a camera...

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#4834796 - 10/21/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I had some jars with some nice looking colonization starting. About 1/4 way done. Then I threw a tray of poo into my incubator on top of it. I underestimated how much heat the trays themselfs produce. Jars below it just turned into a slimy goo smelled a bit like the fermenting smell you get off the wbs when you let it soak. Rotten fruit is also a good example. Course mine were tottal screwed I tossed them. You should check to see that your incubator isn't too hot. You will be surprised how much heat the mycellium puts out.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #4834872 - 10/21/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like classic over-incubation to me. The piss is often gel rather than fluid. Metabolic wastes include all sorts of aromatic things such as alcohols and whatnot, no surprise it smells a little sour.

I bet you are in for one hell of a potency treat, see:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4604620

FYI, incubating the jars upside down once they are colonized will keep most of the liquid off of the mycelium since the colonized grain will be stuck in the "bottom" (now top) of jar. The goop will still be on the grain of course.

I have tried both removing the goo and leaving it on before I crumbled and spawned. Neither seemed to make a difference in somewhat limited experience.

Please give me a potency report after they are grown. One month over-incubation is the minimum I have seen a potency increase with, and I'm interested in hearing even more validation of the idea (subjective of course). Good luck.

Oh, you may want to be careful with the first few doses, particularly if you are sharing. I had several friends (very experienced psychonauts) wig out a little, even on much less than their usual doses. I'd start with a gram and then work your way up. Cubies from over-incubated spawn are just as if not more potent than Pan. cyans in my (sometimes) humble experience.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Sickly smelling, over-incubated, thick white WBS jars. [Re: mycofile]
    #4836172 - 10/21/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

:shocked: Are you for real Mycofile ?
Cause A friend of mine has 18 pint jars and 16 quart jars, fully colonized and over-incubated for about 2 months right now !!! :grin:

I will definatly make sure that those jars of his are put to the test. :wink:

Does this Potency difference increase with age ? Or have you experimented with that aspect ?

What is the longest/maximum that you have allowed them to incubate before casing/spawning them ?

Info addict at work ! :smile:

Thanks for posting this at the same time I was reading this thread,:lol: :thumbup:

Doc

:cool: :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sickly smelling, over-incubated, thick white WBS jars. [Re: doc34]
    #4840698 - 10/23/05 08:37 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Mycofile- were you going to get overincubated fruits tested or something? THought you were hinting at it a while back.

I have just spawned this jar to some cow poo

the poo was only treated with hydrated lime and bleach, no heat at all. Hopefully it wont contam. It is a pretty old jar, had a few invitro fruits along the way.

My burnt wheat jar was pretty old too (the one with the heavy blueing shroooms)

it had a few small flushes and was spawned to cow poo and straw and is now ready to be cased today. It was spawned on 26 september, so thats about 28 days it took to colonise! in the last week it just took off.

Edited by blackout (10/23/05 08:42 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags