Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepeavyxs
The one. The only.
 User Gallery

Loc: GA
misting terrarium?
    #4823802 - 10/19/05 03:04 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

okay. im using perlite for my humidification, but im still having problems getting it to keep the humidity up. i dont think im putting too much, or too less water. so ive been spraying the sides of the terrarium to try to keep humdiity up. is this a bad thing? should i do this everytime i fan.

also i have this vicks humidifier, i was wondering if it would be better for me to hose this up to my FC, and run it on a timer. i just dont know what im doing wrong, i just want this damn thing to be all humid so my shrooms will grow!!

ive gotten this far, and i cant give up. i cant just stop caring about it. and ive read all i can. so im not sure what to do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: misting terrarium? [Re: peavyxs]
    #4823811 - 10/19/05 03:18 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You can post a picture of your set-up? Spraying the sides of the terrarium to keep the humidity up is fine; a lot of people do that. Assuming you're doing cakes, have you employed the dunk-and-roll technique? That will help seal moisture into the cakes.
When I started, I remember clearly thinking that you couldn't have too much moisture. I was wrong, and my first batch or two were very waterlogged (still fine). After some practice you'll get a feel for whether or not there is enough humidity in there.

Give us the details of your grow. What stage are you at? Cakes or casings? Light/air cycles? How many days since birth, etc...

Offlinepeavyxs
The one. The only.
 User Gallery

Loc: GA
Re: misting terrarium? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4823830 - 10/19/05 03:42 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

no i wasnt planning on doing dunking and rolling until the first flush is done.

i have one cake that has been birthed for about 5 or 6 days. the shrooms are weird, like the stems were thick, and then as they grow, the lower part of the stem seems to be getting smaller.

i just birthed 2 more jars into the terrarium.

i fan regularly. usually 6+ times a day.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag