Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblegogrowgo123
all the same

Advice Please!
    #4821732 - 10/18/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everyone, ive been reading through this forum for quite a while now and recently decided to begin a grow and become a member.  Im going to give a brief (maybe not brief) gameplan of what i will be doing, so please give me some advice if you can and it would also be great if some of you could answer some of my questions...

ive got cambodian spore syringe coming in the mail soon.  i purchased 8 .5 pint jars with the wider tops along with vermiculite, brown rice flower, and perlite.  Heres what im going to do.  im going to mix the verm, BRF, and water together at the right ratio i got from one of the tutorials and fill 8 jars without packing, with .75 inches left at the top which ill put dry verm to fill.  im going to put a piece of foil over the open jars, then put the lid on tight, then put another piece of foil over top.  i have a pressure cooker, but its kind of small so im going to sterilize my jars in 2 four jar batches, allowing both to cool for a day each, the first batch will have 2 days to cool.  after that ill wipe the needle with alchohal, put it in a flame and take off the tin foil from the jars, stick t he needle into the holes i made in the lids right through the underneath layer of foil, and will squirt 1cc in each cake.  should i squirt it actually in the cake or on top of the dry layer?  after all that ill probably have som eleftover spory liquid in the syringe, how long can i keep this before it goes bad?  next im going to stick these in my warm closet in a cleaned fish tank (cleaned with bleach, soap, water, everything) but without any perlite because i want to incubate.  should there be any way for air to flow in and out of the jars?  should i put the top layer of foil back over or should there be holes in the jars that air can pass in and out of?  i have a small heating pad to put under the aquarium, which will keep it toasty.  when its all nice and white and fuzzy ill fill the bottom of the tank with water and perlite (straining the perlite first).  one inch of it to be exact.  then should i take the cakes out of the jars nad place them straight on top of the perlite or should i put them on a piece of foil and then place them on the perlite????  should i keep the heating pad on?  i will cover the aquarium up and hang an 8 watt bulb over it for somewhere around 12 hours of light a day. 

sorry if this was really lengthy, its just that it was very hard for me to get the syringe and i really dont want to mess any of this up, and paying for shrooms in my area would support a lot of people with really bad intentions.  thanks so much! :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejarroddupont
I shroom we Allshroom

Loc: midwest of ...
Re: Advice Please! [Re: gogrowgo123]
    #4821741 - 10/18/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

DO NOT SCREW YOUR LIDS ON TIGHT WHILE PRESSURE COOKING. YOU'LL BE MAKING A BOMB

--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

#4821743 - 10/18/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i know a lot of the smart & wonderful ppl here would be able to read and answer your questions a lot easier with a bit of spacing in your post :smile:
no disrespect my friend.

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Offlineoniq
another brick in the wall
    #4821767 - 10/18/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

1. You should squirt it down the side of the jar, past the dry layer of verm.
2. Not sure how long the syringe will last, probably a few months in a dark, cool place.
3. Take the foil off, you want air to be able to go in. This is why you have a dry layer of verm. (to keep contams out).
4. You're probably better off putting them on a piece of foil on the perlite, just to be safe.
5. Temps should be 72-76F during fruiting, so whether you need the heatpad or not is up to the temp. in the closet.

In the future, if you could capitalize words and create paragraphs it would be a lot easier to read. Good luck.

Invisiblegogrowgo123
all the same

Re: Advice Please! [Re: oniq]
    #4821787 - 10/18/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

thank you thank you thank you

should i just close the top of the jars so that they are sealed but not very tight? im scared of getting water inside.

--------------------
"For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."

Offlineoniq
another brick in the wall
    #4821789 - 10/18/05 05:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah just put the jars on, make sure you poke holes in the lids, and then put tin foil over the holes. You don't want a pressure bomb :>

Invisiblegogrowgo123
all the same

Re: Advice Please! [Re: oniq]
    #4822281 - 10/18/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

crap im sorry im being so repetitive, but its gonna be jar, tin foil (with no holes), then the lids with holes in them, then another tin foil with no holes.

also, when i take colonized cakes out of the jars to put into the perlite/fruiting chamber, should i cover the cakes themselves in perlite too? if yes, should i wet it? thanks!

--------------------
"For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."

Invisiblejarroddupont
I shroom we Allshroom

Loc: midwest of ...
    #4822301 - 10/18/05 07:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

No perlite on cakes

--------------------
P. Cubensis Growth Parameters
"All mushrooms are edible, but some only once."
-- Croatian Proverb

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale