Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Information on gymnos
    #4821138 - 10/18/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I know where to find a ton of blue/green bruising gymns.. A TON! I found at least 5 huge patches of pounds upon pounds of them, but apparently they are either ONLY RUMOURED to be active or are not active at all..can someone help clear this up. Maybe some first hand experience?? I am yet to find a reliable source who has ingested these. Im not talking about the type of asshole that ate a quarter and "kinda" felt it but it didnt work until he smoked a fat blunt and "kicked it in" :rolleyes: I want someone who ate enough and can give me an honest reliable answer. Ive also heard that the active gymns have toxins that will make you mildly ill wich is another reason they are not preferable.

Another rumour I heard is that they sell gymns in coffee shops in japan. I know that they maybe not now but a reliable source informed that he bought mushrooms at headshops/coffee shops in japan. They where still a loophole in the law..maybe they still are?

Anyway I found a  ton last year and ended up discarding them even though I was a 100% sure they were gyms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Information on gymnos [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #4821913 - 10/18/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

anyone?

Offlinestrangladesh
masterOFpuppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here!
    #4822645 - 10/18/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i dunno

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Information on gymnos [Re: strangladesh]
    #4823243 - 10/18/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

thanks anyway :smile:

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #4823449 - 10/18/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Give them a try and break the rumors, let us know the facts. Then you don't have to rely on what some "asshole" says :smirk:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4824808 - 10/19/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

there is something like about 9 different species of Gymnopilus which are psychoactive.

finding out which species in particular you found is the tricky part.

got any pictures we can see?

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Information on gymnos [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4825332 - 10/19/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

LouiseLouise...thanks for the tip PAL. But as you can see I mentioned I have heard that they are possibly TOXIC, and thats not my idea of good trip That was my reason for discarding them. why do you guinea pig them? Now I dont know about you but I wont eat anything that the next guy hasnt tripped off of and came out alive first. Once there is some evidence that these gyms truely are psychoactive then maybe, thats the purpose of this post.

GGREATONE- yes I have heard this as well but do all 9 of these species bruise within thge blue/green color spectrum? As we all already now that this reaction is often an indicater of a species that contains psilocin if not psilocybin as well And what is the range of psychoactivity..... low/moderate/high-haymaker/cube/azure respectivly. And do you know if any gyms are contains toxins, that cause reactions that are anymore than nausea/mild sickness?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4825508 - 10/19/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

yes the psychoactive Gyms all exhibit the blue or sometimes green ageing or bluing.
one species G sapineus (which is listed as a psychoactive) i think is actually not an active shroom, because the ones i have found never exhibited any blue or green bluing or ageing.

the only Gym i have eaten is G luteofolius, and its potency is similar if not lesser than that of Psilocybe cubensis.
i suspect other species of Gymnopilus are about the same as far as potency goes.

as far as toxics and sickness is concerned, Gymnopilus mushrooms are so bitter tasting that puking is very possible and probably common.
and one psychoactive species (i think?) G leuteoviridis contains poisonous compounds.

so yes you have to be careful with all Gymnopilus mushrooms. G. spectabilis (if you can identify it properly) is relatively safe, also G. luteofolius is "safe" as long as you can identify them properly.

Most species of Gymnopilus are not psychoactive. There are 73 species described in the monograph to North American Gymnopilus mushrooms.

well shit i just dropped my monograph on the floor and all the pages are scattered all over and now i have to put all the pages back in order.  :confused: sh.t  :grin:

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Information on gymnos [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4827440 - 10/19/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

as far as toxics and sickness is concerned, Gymnopilus mushrooms are so bitter tasting that puking is very possible and probably common.
and one psychoactive species (i think?) G leuteoviridis contains poisonous compounds.

so yes you have to be careful with all Gymnopilus mushrooms. G. spectabilis (if you can identify it properly) is relatively safe, also G. luteofolius is "safe" as long as you can identify them properly.

ThATS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR THANKS GGREATONE...MUCH APPRECIATED.

Where can I find this info, and why hasnt the gym been demystified yet?? Why is it such a complicated mushroom in the "psychoactive mycology" field?

Now would it be to much trouble to narrow down the species "n. america" to PNW? Yes I remeber them being bitter.. LOL I took a little taste I didnt swallow though hehe I pulled a "clinton". Where did you find your specimen and by what means did you identify the correct gym? I imagine the prints would be the same since they are all from the sam genre.

Oh one more question; what type of toxin is in the poisonous gym? Amatoxin? If amatoxin they must be low levels otherwise they would be more notoriuos. I heard that there are many "edibles" that exhibit some traces of amatoxins but not at dangerous levels.

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

#4827612 - 10/19/05 11:16 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

MJSHROOMERS POST ON GYMS

Well this is a rather large orange looking meaty mushroom whi9ch grows prolifically on dead tree stums and rotted woods. This and several related species, 13 to be exact all contain psilocine and psilocybin and some other entheogenic neurotropic compounds like noryangonin and bisnoryangonin, two properties also know to occur in Kava.

This mushroom caused musch discomfort to Japanese peo[ple in the early 1900's and in the Atlantic Northeast of America and in the misdwest USA.

It is very very very bitter tasting and really hard to consume. Usual;luy in a soup or stew alleviates much of the foul taste which is still there in the soup.

It takes alarge amnount of shrooms and there fore is not very desirrable or wanted by collectors.

these two chemicals occur in gyms as well?! In what way do these chemicals change the signiture of the experience? Could they possibly be the chemical in kava that is toxic to the liver?-------->noryangonin and bisnoryangonin, two properties also know to occur in Kava.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures