Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

psilocybe cyanescens on grain, pics. any tips?
    #4808385 - 10/15/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

hi. my friend's pics below show some mycelium from psilocybe cyanescens (humboldt dunes native strain) growing on grain. its taken a month to get to this point. the line where they're at today is to track the progress.

my friend's question is, does anyone have any tips as to how to get these to cardboard or alder chips. he's read all the FAQs and researched online, but he's not quite confident on the next step. any tips would be much appreciated -- by my friend, of course.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecarloscastenada
OneWhoAbides
Re: psilocybe cyanescens on grain, pics. any tips? [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #4808545 - 10/15/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have a friend in the same situation - he bought Ps cyanescens thinking he could cultivate them using the PF Tek method, but now he's unsure how to proceed. He read (on erowid?) that you're supposed to wait until the jar is 100% colonized, then chop it up in a food processor and sprinkle it over damp cardboard... something like that. If he has any luck with that approach I'll post it here.

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: psilocybe cyanescens on grain, pics. any tips? [Re: carloscastenada]
    #4808831 - 10/15/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks. I'll report if *my* friend has any luck, as well. I've seen in Stamets book where a stem from an azure was placed between dampened cardboard and the rhizomorphs at the base (I think that's what they're called) established mycelium in the cardboard. But in my experience, with psilocybe cyanescens, the don't seem to establish mycelium in the cardboard quite so easily. Maybe it's a difference between azures and cyans. Anyways, lacking fresh cyans on the east coast, my friend has to use spore prints.

It might be worth it, when the jar is completely colonized, to grind up "part" of it, and spread on cardboard, I'll suggest that my friend try that. What I'd like to see is maximum multiplication to a sh*tload of chips before next spring. Then they can be placed in the backyard for the following fall.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck