Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between 15 and 45 degrees long...
Shroomery's rating system and its role in the community
    #4794269 - 10/12/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I've been thinking about this rating system....

I haven't organized my thoughts yet and dont' know where to start so I would like to see if anyone else has thoughts on it.

But one thing.....I think there should be multiple types of ratings...not just a general rating of the person.

Edited by MJF (10/13/05 04:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem *DELETED* [Re: MJF]
    #4794329 - 10/12/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by MJF

Reason for deletion: not on topc

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: MJF]
    #4794433 - 10/12/05 06:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I think you're just complaining because you have a low rating.

It's just a rating, who cares.

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: spud]
    #4794490 - 10/12/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

looking at your rating comments you seem to have handed out plenty of low scores yourself. isn't that a tad hypocritical?

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: psychomime]
    #4794538 - 10/12/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

are you responding to me?

i don't deny being a hypocrte...and i'm not whining or complaining about my low rating...i actually kind in enjoy my 2.5 rating...right in the middle...

what are the affects of it in on a group and individual level is the topic of this thread

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: spud]
    #4794546 - 10/12/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

spud said:
I think you're just complaining because you have a low rating.

It's just a rating, who cares.

i think people do care. also....what about unconcious effects? how does it affect the way people relate to a person with a low rating? does your rating affect the way people judge you?

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: MJF]
    #4794563 - 10/12/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MJF said:

i think people do care.

They don't

Quote:

also....what about unconcious effects?

None.

Quote:

how does it affect the way people relate to a person with a low rating?

It doesn't

Quote:

does your rating affect the way people judge you?

No.

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4794633 - 10/12/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

well on a group/individual level i don't think it has much influence. what other people think of someone does not influence what I think of someone. I would hope that's pretty universal here.

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: psychomime]
    #4794749 - 10/12/05 07:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i really doubt that....

if your best friend does not like someone you do not know...you will be biased before you even meet that person.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4795574 - 10/12/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

:whatever:

--------------------

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: Shroomism]
    #4795722 - 10/12/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

poor

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #4795811 - 10/12/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MJF said:

i think people do care. also....what about unconcious effects? how does it affect the way people relate to a person with a low rating? does your rating affect the way people judge you?

I agree.. I think quite a few people care - otherwise I wouldn't get so many PM's from people who get angry about various ratings they've received. I know that I was a little dismayed to pick up my 2nd and 3rd one-shroom rating during the course of the S&P split, and indeed I will admit that it had an immediate negative emotional effect on me that made me step away from the Shroomery that night. We all just need to learn to take our disappointments in stride - you're never going to make everyone happy, and if you believe having a certain rating from some member is causing you to treat them poorly, that is something that you as an individual should aim to improve upon; namely, don't worry about things you can't control. You can't control what others think of you, but if you are comfortable in your own shoes, their dissent should be but a fleeting little prick in the spance of your existence.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4795820 - 10/12/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I really dont think most people even look at ratings...

I know I dont really pay attention. i'll look at mine once in a great while and try to rate people who rated me, but I think I'm way behind on that shit as it is....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
    #4795832 - 10/12/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The ratings are good, because it allows you to see if the person is recognized as a good source of information, and if they have good intentions. Or if they are miseducated or just want to see you try something stupid.

Not all ratings are given based on credibility, but thats what it should be for.

I agree that maybe there could be more types of ratings. Such as the Informational rating, the Grow rating, etc...

--------------------
:mallow:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4795871 - 10/12/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Seriously though... who cares?
It's just a rating.

--------------------

OfflineMJF
Human Being
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: Shroomism]
    #4795920 - 10/12/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

whether or not you care about getting a good or bad rating is not really the point of this thread.

i liked geokills post a lot and that is why i posted this in the s&m and i don't think it should have been removed from there.

also shroomism...if you claim no one cares...why the hell would people even take the time to rate...and why would there be options to view peoples ratings and see the ratings they gave?

Edited by MJF (10/12/05 10:42 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4796010 - 10/12/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I said who cares not no one cares.

Ratings are a way of expressing your feelings for a person publically, like a badge they wear. People will rate you good if they like you, and bad if they don't. Some people don't care about ratings at all. Either way, I don't think it really effects much at all. I've had people give me one shroom ratings and later we become friends. Usually, reading through someone's ratings will give you a semi good impression of the type of person they are when posting. You also have to consider the people doing the rating. Look at theirs. What it all boils down to is a way someone feels at the moment.. and that feeling can change over time. So it's not that big of a deal imo. Some people give and get bad ratings like its a habit. Some ratings mean something, others are bullshit. I've probably gotten upset at 1 shroom ratings before, but I got over it. In the end it's not a big deal.. a mushroom rating and words on an internet message board. nothing to lose self esteem and sleep over.

And we do have two types of ratings.. general and trade.

--------------------

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
    #4798396 - 10/13/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

And we do have two types of ratings.. general and trade.

Oh, for real?

Sorry, I don't mean to be a smartass, but its like you didn't even read all the thread. I don't think the people posting about ratings would be clueless about there being two kinds....I think there being only two kinds is one of the issues.

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4798824 - 10/13/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Overall, people who whine about ratings are douchebags. It is a picture of mushrooms next to your name, for God's sake. They count for absolutely nothing.

OfflineTastyWaves
Cool buzz!

Re: Shroomery's rating system and how it relates to the community and individual spirituality/esteem [Re: Redstorm]
    #4798949 - 10/13/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Then why have them at all?

--------------------
Spread the love of PLUR ratings!! We shall overcome the ev0l bondage of the ratings system!!

PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR PLUR

Join us!! Punch and pie.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag