Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Temps to high to fruit... WHAT CAN I DO?!?
    #4784901 - 10/10/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

October 10th and it is still in the 80's out in this shithole desert of Southern California.
IT is fucking rediculous. I figured by this time heat would not be a problem, but then i realized... I live in a god damn desert!

My air conditioning unit is broke, and I don't have the money to fix it or even run it for that matter. So I need all your opinions on what I can do to lower temps in my terrarium from 85 to 78 at least. When the light is on im sure the temps rise a little higher than 85... so i need to find a way to drop temps 10 degrees.

What should i do when winter does not exsist?

If I, or all you mycologists out there can't figure out a way... what will be the consequences of fruiting under such high temps?

Will i get weak flush's?
Will it go into fruiting mode at all and start fruiting?

I was thinking about putting a computer fan on the side to air things out. This probably will lower temps somewhat. The only problem with that is contamination spores might find it easier to make a home... getting sucked into the perfect environment.

What must i do?

Any help would be greatly appritiated!  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Thanks,
Drug

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNychthemeronster
Shroomery Addict
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North America
Re: Temps to high to fruit... WHAT CAN I DO?!? [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #4784940 - 10/10/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Ice. Try throwing some 2-litre bottles 3/4 full of water in yoru fridge. When they're done put em outside your FC with fans blowing over everything so the cool air is distributed nicely. Add / Remove big fucking ice bottles as needed.

Should work. Or something.

--------------------
The lost art of liberty

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: Temps to high to fruit... WHAT CAN I DO?!? [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #4784963 - 10/10/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

well, I got to thinking what I would do if my AC fucked up, because
I live in the desert of Tx, the 2 things I came up with to try and get the temp down are.

1. can you buy a running, small, or large refrig, to use as your terr, that you can put on a timer, to get to the right temp, and let the timer do the work.

2. use those blue, freezer blocks of blue ice that you keep rotating
from terr, to freezer, to terr.
these are the 2 that I came up with, good luck.

Edited by rod (10/10/05 09:24 PM)

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Re: Temps to high to fruit... WHAT CAN I DO?!? [Re: rod]
    #4785344 - 10/10/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Yea i was thinking about taking frozen vegtables i have in the freezer (pee's & corn) and placing the bags on top of my terrarium. Rotating from freezer to tub.

But it seems like just putting cold items on top of the tub will not do much. Plus i have no room 'inside' the tub because 2 shoebox cases are perfectly stuffed inside, leaving no floor visible to set anything on.

I might be able to set up a contraption where i have a little shelf underneath the cut in fan which could hold "cold" items causing the air being blown in to be colder. Unfortinatly i cannot have the fan running 24/7 because the humidity will be a constant 50%. I usually only fan for 5 min. 3 times a day.

This is really going to take some trial and error. To bad my cases are ready to fruit now!
Anymore incubation temps will cause the mycelium overlay the casing layer.  :frown:

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom