Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebleedforthis
ill bleed foryou
Loc: Looking down from above.
noisy humidifier probs....
    #4765802 - 10/06/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have a 4 tier greenhouse setup in my closet.. I had 1 humidifier, but that wasnt enough to keep the whole thing above 90% humidity. So I bought 2. They are both the same kind. An off brand I got from walgreens. I have them in the closet, and they are noisy as fuck...

I'm not sure if its just this brand. I was hoping for people to post what kind of humidifier they have, and if they are noisy or not. this will help me when i'm shopping for a new humidifier.

thanks!

--------------------
As my pupils fluttered and tried to fly out of my skull I asked myself, "Is THIS what you want?".
Screaming until my lungs bled, I simply replied "No!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: noisy humidifier probs.... [Re: bleedforthis]
    #4765818 - 10/06/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have a reli on, ultrasonic, its wisper quiet, I cant hear nothing out of it.

OfflineKotton
Manic Hispanic

#4765827 - 10/06/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

If you have a green house set up you want to find a Cool mist that runs 24/7 a lot of them are noisy but there are some you can find that arnt. As far as the ultra sonic they all are usually very very whisper quite. Try buying a Sunbeam ultasonic that what i have brings the humidity up really high really fast.

--------------------
:scaryshroom:  :lovemeds::scaryshroom:

Offlinefoxracinfan567
Fo-SHO!

Re: noisy humidifier probs.... [Re: rod]
    #4765841 - 10/06/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I think I have the same humidifer! LOL! Mine is load too! it suxx but at night i'm usaully so tired that I just go to sleep. have you noticed that when the water gets low after like maybe 24 hours that it sounds different? I think it might be the fact that the water is low. Since it says UP to 20 hours of operation. IDK about what kind to get even the other one I had, (cool mist) was load. i think it's just comes with it.

Offlinebleedforthis
ill bleed foryou
Re: noisy humidifier probs.... [Re: foxracinfan567]
    #4765858 - 10/06/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have a ultrasonic, although I dont use it. Only because I dont have a timer that works in intervals of 5minutes, and the greenhouse gets to high humidity. Or to low if I run just the ultra and coolmist.

foxracinfan- yes mine gets uber loud when its low/out of water. I live in an apt, and my whole setup is in my closet. My neighbors bed is on the other side. I dont want to disturb my neighbors, and i dont want to hear that shit all night long lol.

for now its berable I guess. But soon im going to get a new one. mabey ill try vicks. wish i could test before i buy heh.

--------------------
As my pupils fluttered and tried to fly out of my skull I asked myself, "Is THIS what you want?".

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#4765923 - 10/06/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Im not sure what kind of space you are dealing with but you could always try adding something soft to the walls of the closet and underneith it to dampin the sound around the humidifer atleast keep it from carriying into the neighbours pad.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlinefoxracinfan567
Fo-SHO!

#4765928 - 10/06/05 08:13 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

LOL! I would go with your ultra sonic, it you live in the usa then go to home depot they have programable digital timers they are supposed to work great. I don't know what to use instead of a cool mist, a fish tank pump wouldn't me sufficient enough with a setup that big. I hope someone will have an answer! GL!! I have 2 jars in a casing and they are starting to pin I have 7 jars in a terr that are starting to pin and i have i jar ready to go tommarow into the terr. i was going to case the jars but I didn't feel like waiting/ i will this winter while I'm board. I'll probally do 2 grows i want to try amozonian because they are supposed to be wicked fast colonizers. IDK what other kind!! LOL

OfflineKotton
Manic Hispanic

Re: noisy humidifier probs.... [Re: foxracinfan567]
    #4765939 - 10/06/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I found a great timer for 20 bucks at Home depot. 14 programmable settings i have it turn on for 20 min every 2 hours in a Martha closet for great for me.

--------------------

Offlinebleedforthis
ill bleed foryou
Re: noisy humidifier probs.... [Re: Kotton]
    #4765953 - 10/06/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

never thought to check for timers at homedepot ill definetly check that out when im getting some new lights there next week thanks.

and as for the padding of walls, i was thinking about tacking or nailing a blanket up to the walls, but for now i just have some clean clothes underneat the humidifier so it doesnt jiggle on the metal racks to create more noise hehe.

i appreciate all the responses, thanks!

--------------------

OfflineKotton
Manic Hispanic

#4765967 - 10/06/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Here is another way you can Muffle the sound of the cool mist. you can build a hepa box for it. basically is a tupperware that the coolmist goes in with a hole and a hepa filter taped on it seal the box with tape and it should make it quite you will have to do a little work as far as the piping for it but its worth it , if u want it quiet.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies