Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vermont USA
Wierd whit specks on popcorn????
    #4755399 - 10/04/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ok, i checked my popcorn jar which I inoculated like 2-3 days ago, i forget :P
it hasn't shown any signs until tonight, and this doesn't look like mycelium.
I wish my cam wasnt broken.
It basically looks like little white specks almost everywhere on the popcorn, some spots heavier than others, but no specks on the bottom. the bottom has a teeny weeny bit of excess water and the heat is coming from below the jars. This is what makes me think its the VERY first signs of germination and i cought it at an odd time. but on the other hand, this would be the first time the spores form that syringe would be germinating, i though they were dead but gave it a last shot.
then again, i did shake vigourously and make sure some spores were on the side of the jar so i could see growth...
does anybody have any pics of this stuff colonizing?
are there any white contams besides cobweb? maybe ill know in a few days time...
man am i confused right now....
BTW, like 75% of the cournels are split (can this cause problems?), the temp ranges from 80-85 degrees, sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit higher, and the corn is in a 'pf tek for simple minds' style jar.

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Re: Wierd whit specks on popcorn???? [Re: NESpores]
    #4755718 - 10/04/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

motherfucker!!
it must be a contam because my other jar of popcorn THAT ISN'T inoculated has the same thing!
well, the one that isn't inoculated actually has bigger white spots that are more spread out.
some one PLEASE HELP ME!
im soaking more popcorn right now, so if there are any improvements i could make in the process, please tell me.
i soak for about 24 hours with the bowl (container popcorn) on top of my grow light for plants in my room, where the water stays very warm for the time of it being on. I then strain and rinse, load into jars and pc at 15 psi for a minimum of 60 minutes, usually around 70 minutes or so.
what am i doing wrong??
and when i do wbs jars, i dont even soak, i just use the same ratios for brf cakes (2parts verm, 1part water, 1part wbs) and that works fine, ive had jars sitting in my room not inoculated for a week and still no contams, which means i was damn sterile about everything!
gerrrrrr....

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4755728 - 10/04/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

green mold usualy starts as strang white specks, you'll know in about 4 days if it's the green.  :frown:

if it is, start over

OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Re: Wierd whit specks on popcorn???? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4755749 - 10/04/05 07:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

so why on earth is my corn contaminated????
my wbs jars are fine...
and does the green mold set in EVERYWHERE? on the substrate?
damn, i need to come up with something that'll fix my problem...
maybe 2 soaking sessions, each 24 hours with two rinses in between?
or will this overhydrate the corn? (i know corn is a poor absorber, but im just asking)

--------------------

OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

#4757816 - 10/05/05 07:32 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

ok, the stuff in the not inoculated jar started to turn ORANGE!!
wtf!?!?
the stuff in the inoculated jar keeps on spreading... the whole thing is covered almost entirely with tiny white spots!

--------------------

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4758137 - 10/05/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

on my last grow with corn, i had to let the jars set for a couple days before i could inoc them, and the cernals got white spots.. kind of like pretzal salt, but not quit as big, and they were fine, no contams. if i didnt have a shitty cam i would of gotten pics.. hope this helps..

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale