Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Your Roommates...
    #4746901 - 10/02/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Okay. I now alot of us Shroomerites have roommates to help share the rent or whatever...Some of us love ours, some of us HATE them. I want to know about yours...

I live w/ a girl and a guy, Jess and Adrien. They're pretty cool artsy type kids. She's hot as fuck, and kind of a drunken slutty-tease type. He's cool too, but I think he's gay, as he is obsessed w/ the style channel and spends ALOT of time in the bathroom.

They both love weed, which is pretty much my only requirement for someone to live w/ me. WE've known each other a few years and get along good, but there's some tension right now over bills and such.

Anyway. You next...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: Your Roommates... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4746906 - 10/02/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I live with my gay brother in a pink house. Nuff said.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Roommates... [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #4746914 - 10/02/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i live with my mom for free. only until i pay off some debt.. then ill be out on my own again

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4746917 - 10/02/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I've had some shitty roommates in the past, but my current roommate is pretty cool. We don't talk much because he's usually off with his girlfriend somewhere, but we seem to have a lot of common interests, and he seems like a cool guy.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #4746924 - 10/02/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

my roomate is my cousin.

i dont think i coudl feasably live with anyone else, as i never see him, he cooks, cleans up after himself and when i do see him we are a riot together.

bills are always interesting, but he always has his money.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlineqhr0me
o = oo
Loc: sun diego, ca
    #4746936 - 10/02/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i'm with sartre: hell is other people. thus, no roommates for me. ever. i will consider a live-in fuck buddy, with an option to kick her out with 1 week notice. that's as far as i go in terms of sharing my goddam space!-)

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Your Roommates... [Re: qhr0me]
    #4746956 - 10/02/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I'd like to live alone, but being a college student limits my work hours, and ANY housing around here is 1200$ a month or so.

So fuck. What are you gonna do?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
    #4746965 - 10/02/05 09:26 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I live alone... it's great. I have to work my ass off to pay bills and rent and stay high. a little hard work is worth having a nice place to go home too.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Your Roommates... [Re: Nashbar]
    #4747249 - 10/02/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I live in a new house with two other guys. I have the master with its own bathroom. All bills paid with cable and broadband: $385, great deal but the location aint the best. Anyways, my roommates. It's kinda a strange situation, but it works well. There are a couple couches in the living room but no one goes in there because there is no tv so what can you do but sit down? The owner (also a roommate) also made me sign a lease with all these rules like no parties, etc. It's cool because I am not really much of a partier anymore. This guy converted the garage into a room which he stays in during the winter, then takes an inside room during the summer. He is a cool guy, some would consider a nerd/geek, but he's pretty funny. My other roommate is cool too except for the fact he kinda violates some of the rules such as playing loud music, leaving a smoke-smell in the house, etc. He has this computer chair out on the front porch which he sits in and smokes cigarettes, leaving a huge pile of ashes beneath. I don't know why the owner doesn't say anything. Guess he doesn't care too much. I used to buy these burritos all the time that came in a 12-pack and one time I noticed one was missing. He left a message on the fridge saying he was sorry and he would replace them ASAP. It took like 2 weeks. I later found out it was his friend that took it. The friend is this fat, black guy with a gerry curl who drives a beat up Crown Victoria or something like that. He is pretty lame. You can figure that out after hearing him speak for a bit. How my roommate became friends with him I have no idea, maybe it's the fact my roommate is somewhat of a wigger. Oh, I forgot to mention the fact that none of us ever hang out together and rarely see each other except for when we pass each other in the kitchen or the front door/outside. I guess that's kinda weird but I am used to it and it works good. I have a lock on my door and we all pretty much just keep to ourselves, so it seems like we all kinda just live by ourselves. Anyways, that's my living situation, it's not bad, but I would actually like to move because the location is not the greatest..........

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Your Roommates... [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4748685 - 10/03/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Morning crew?

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4748697 - 10/03/05 09:57 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I live in a house with people I've known for a couple years, there's six including me, sometimes there is some tension over things like money and food, but overall we're all pretty cool with each other and such. They all love weed which is cool, sometimes I just amaze them with random stuff that they have never heard of.

"Kratom anyone?"

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Your Roommates... [Re: gdman] * 1
    #4749040 - 10/03/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i live in a tiny house with 3 other people (3 guys, 1 girl), and they are 3 of the coolest people in existence. they are closer to me than family, the best friends i have ever had. we all enjoy the ganja, we play a lot of guitar, discuss politics, spirituality, and philosophy on a regular basis, go for hikes, backpacking trips, and bike rides as often as possible. we party, read, watch very very little tv, cook great food, and enjoy eachothers' company. i guess i got lucky, but my roommates rock. and the cheapness of the house doesn't hurt: $855 altogether, 4 bedrooms...213.75 per person, plust a few bills...haven't paid more than $250 in a month yet. it's a blast.

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
Re: Your Roommates... [Re: Hendostan]
    #4749229 - 10/03/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i currently stay with my girlfriend.. it works out great.

before this i had roommates in CO that were terrible.. i literally almost killed one of them twice, and got in a small physical fight with the other.. the roommate before them moved out while i was sleeping.

yos-

OfflineFL_accciD
Jack's Paranoia
Male

Loc: midwest
Re: Your Roommates... [Re: Yoschie99] * 1
    #4749270 - 10/03/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i live with two other guys in a 3 bedroom place. its an apartment i suppose, but its just a huge old house that functions as three seperate units. weve got the 3 bedroom unit, real spacious. my roommates are both the shit, im real close to them. one ive known since i was like 8, weve been through some shit, and the other i met like a year and a half ago, but hit it off with. two of us toke up, one doesnt but he is just takin an extended break from it.
we cook, play guitar, etc.......
its an awesome scene
when we need space, well, thats why we each have our own room.

good timez

--------------------
- - - T H E E N D - - -

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4749276 - 10/03/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

My roommate's okay.

He's kind of a belligerent drunk though, and he's messy.

Whatever, I don't really wanna talk about it. :bored:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Your Roommates... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021] * 1
    #4749303 - 10/03/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Ugh that would be horrible to have one of these drunks as a roommate, you must have incredible patience dealing with that.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Your Roommates... [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4749319 - 10/03/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I live in an overcrowded city full of jerks...it's in my blood. :smirk:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
Re: Your Roommates... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4749379 - 10/03/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I've lived alone for the past 5 1/2 years. My rent is $1,000/month and my utilities, insurance, food, and student loan and credit card payments add up to another $1,500 per month. In this awful economy, my after-tax income is around $2,500 per month so every month I'm going a bit further in the hole.

OfflineBrian13
DrummerB

Loc: ohio
Re: Your Roommates... [Re: nookjohn]
    #4749853 - 10/03/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i have 3 roommates, one is my girlfriend so that works out ok. i went to high school with the other two, one very metro sexual almost gay male and one very bitchy self centered chick. it works out though me and the guy rarely cross paths other than bills but unfortunately the girl (not my girl) is there all the time bitching about my habits..............

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Your Roommates... [Re: Brian13]
    #4749888 - 10/03/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I live, rent free, with my girlfriend  :yesnod: her roommates smoke tons of weed, to the point that I never have to buy any of my own.  They are happy to smoke me out whenever I want...This is actually kind of a drawback, I don't need to be tempted to smoke so much.  But all in all its a great setup and I just hope it lasts.

Another problem is parking... I'm not offically living there, as far as the management is concerned, so I have to find parking on the streets of downtown LA every night, and wake up at 7:45 EVERY MORNING to fill the meter.  I've already had my car broken into once, and my radio jacked.

I am the only guy living there, and sometimes I feel like I'm getting 'pussified.'  Thats another drawback, I guess.  :shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order