Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Questions for you chemists and the like....
    #473216 - 11/29/01 01:52 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I am going to put this in very simplistic terms hopefully you will know what I am saying. If not I will elaborate later...I am pretty baked right now to make any complex statements and I don't want to forget later. So please forgive me! :)

Well I was thinking about the detection of the active chemicals in mushrooms regarding law enforcement.

I understand that this is not the easiest of tasks to detect the chemicals in shrooms. I know it isn't as simple as droping a liquid on some MDMA and looking for a reaction but I really don't have the true picture of how complicated a process it is. Hence the question.

I am just wondering the expected increase in difficulty if one were trying to test a mushroom for the presence of psylos in comparison with trying to test a piece of shroom chocolate for the presence. Is their a difference at all? Is the difference substantial? Would it be worth it for someone to make shroom chocolates in order for it to be more difficult to test for psylos if you were to get caught with them?

Please elaborate the topic of the question as much as you see fit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Questions for you chemists and the like.... [Re: Karen]
    #473238 - 11/29/01 02:44 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It depends on the test that is used. I don't know what type of tests they use (presumably the cheapest, but I don't know the details of those).

However, there are some insights you could make. Say, for example, the standard test was to administed a drop of some liquid and an observed colour change indicated the presence of psilocin. Obviously, chocolate might make the observation of that colour change difficult.

Again, I don't know what the test would actually be.

An expensive test, which nothing could really hide would be a gas chromatographer, though unless the police think you're a big time dealer I doubt they'd send in your mushrooms for chromatography.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #473248 - 11/29/01 02:54 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with Kid, it entirely depends on how bad they want to know.

Obviously, if the police/someone really wanted to know if there was psilocybin in a sample of something...they could find out no matter what the form of sample.

On the other hand...shroom chocolate. Nice idea. I think if you had it mixed well enough that you couldn't see mushroom peices sticking out...who would even suspect it's anything other than chocolate?

I seem to remember reading somewhere (and I'll look for links later) that testing for psilocybin is not easy or cheap, so I doubt anyone would test something like chocolate anyway. Unless, of course, the really wanted to know.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #473909 - 11/29/01 05:54 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Yes the process would still determine the contents, but it would be more of a hassle. Tests are designed to test the drug in it's natural or human percieved natural form..The positives though are a drug that is not in it's usual form may not be noticed by a cop, and if it is , the chances of it being thrown out or misplaced before testing are higher...

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineDXMHEAD420
veteran
Loc: ohio
    #473910 - 11/29/01 05:55 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

well im no chemist, but it doesnt exactly take one to figure out that if a cop finds a bag of shrooms on you you're fucked. they're gonna know what it is. if they find some chocolate, they arent gonna have a clue.

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Questions for you chemists and the like.... [Re: DXMHEAD420]
    #473936 - 11/29/01 06:26 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

their is no known dot test (chromatography test) to test mushrooms for content.. If a test is to be conducted you must do a Mas Spectrum Gas Cromatograph analysis and their is no fooling a MSGS test.... This test is pretty common.. If you fail a urin test (dot testfirst) your sample automaticly goes to the MSGS because DOT tests arent verry accurate and MSGS are 99.999999% accurate.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineMarleyBob
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USSA
    #473938 - 11/29/01 06:30 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It doesn't really matter, if you are selling mushrooms with the intent that they are "magic" they can still get you on distribution charges even if they are just regular mushrooms. So they wouldn't even have to get them tested, they probably would though, just to solidify the case.

If its just possession, it might be a good idea to make them seem as unsuspicous as possible. Not keeping them in little baggies is a great start.

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: Questions for you chemists and the like.... [Re: MarleyBob]
    #474959 - 11/30/01 02:59 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Oh no this isn't for selling purposes. It was just a thought that popped into my head for traveling purposes and such. I have never wanted to shroom outside of my home. This is simply because I dont drive after taking any mind altering substance and because of the legalities of shrooms I don't feel comfortable taking them anywhere with me.

I was thinking that for one a cop probably wouldn't know they were shrooms by looking at them. If he was a saavy cop though and could figure it out would it be substantially harder to test for.

Karen

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: Questions for you chemists and the like.... [Re: GabbaDj]
    #474964 - 11/30/01 03:03 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

GabbaDJ,

I am not talking about urine tests. I am talking about testing the actual substance. I am not worried about being tested positive for ingesting shrooms but worried about possession charges.

Thanks for the info though.

Karen

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order