Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)?
    #4727340 - 09/28/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I found  this  web page which sells dried amanita now my question is:
If I eat it unprepared  just as I get it when I order it (in a taco for example) if I'll die from intoxication?
Someone told me that it is poisonous to eat an "unprepared" amanita?
Is this true?If so how do you "prepare" it to make it so that I'll be able to have hallucination's without it being poisonous?
The person who told me it was poisonous unprepared gave me a link which said that if you were to dry it in the oven that it would no longer be toxic?
Can't I just dry it on newspaper when I find one in the wild some day?
:frown:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenovorua
Waterholic
Loc: Texas
Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #4727356 - 09/28/05 08:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

whoa you can order it and just eat it like that to trip?  :eek:

isnt that illegal??

Edited by novorua (09/28/05 08:25 PM)

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: novorua]
    #4727476 - 09/28/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

No it's not illegal the amanita does not contain Psilocin the high comes from differnt toxins found in the mushroom but I don't know if you can eat it just like that that's why I'm asking.

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

OfflineRussianCelery
Stranger
    #4727522 - 09/28/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

www.erowid.org Read up!

Edible = Yes

Results are quite a bit different than regular mushrooms. The Amanita is the old world mushroom, often thought of as the referance soma. I haven't tried it so I can't give you my take on the effects, but it sounds like something completely different in smaller doses. Also this mushroom likes to be cooked throughly.
Don't expect regular effects, but it could be worth it...YMMV

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: RussianCelery]
    #4727912 - 09/28/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It's not toxic in that it will kill you if you eat it raw. It is toxic in that it might make you feel rather sick if you eat it raw.

Amanita Muscaria contains Ibotenic acid and muscimol. Muscimol is the desired psychoactive substance and ibotenic acid decarboxilates into muscimol when cooked or by passing through your body. This is why you can drink your own piss after an amanita trip and trip just as hard from the urine. Siberia tribesmen use to consume it in this way. The wealthy members of the tribe would consume the mushroom and when they went to piss, the less privilaged people would wait to capture their urine. After drinking it they would become just as intoxicated as the people who ate the mushroom.

I suggest just toasting the mushrooms in the oven.

All of this info comes from research alone. I have not yet tried the amanita experience.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4728699 - 09/28/05 11:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Its not worth the money, or the time spent finding the lowest price. AManita is a deleriant sedative with some odd visuals.
For most shroomers they take it and think that it just got them kinda drunk. Forget the amanita, live out the untainted life of hallucinogens. This shit is hardly definable, and its the least interesting substance ive ever tried. Even common morning glory seeds are far more interesting.
Lastly, id suggest eating a little and smokeing it too with some marijuana. It reminds me of opium. so if you dont want it for the sake of it being like the common hallucinogen, its worth while. Ive had some wild dreams and good times with friends whilst on small doses. Large ones make me and me friends cringe. Not worth the time for us when we could be takeing anything else,----anything. I dont do many drugs anymore, but amanita was the biggest waist of time, (we got the good stuff too). Anything but amanita. It feels like poison, and is one, to some extent.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: stemmer]
    #4728717 - 09/28/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Soma= NOT AMANITA

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#4728833 - 09/28/05 11:50 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

dude that is messed up to say that about the great amanita ther rock specially if you eat some dry set some as tea while thats brewing smoke a bowl of wormwood pot and amanita then drink tea and your set all day and night cool visuals sensyaisa you can taste words feel sights. hmm you can feel like you flying if you meditate you can go places and if your with people you have mind meld and can like super bond and know what each other are thinking without speaking and the feeling is like really good like a high or stonned i say mix africain and washington ever trip differs and each type has differet effect depending on location and season siberian are alot more body load thats why i go with washington and african and well if you want to go insane and have death and rebirth and see inside your mind take panther caps but i didnt tell you to i cause to do go crazy. its some powerful shit i dont recomend anyone take panther unless they are insane or very sane to that point that they wont lose it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!amanita rule and o yeah formosa yellow kind are very different

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: thedudenj]
    #4728949 - 09/29/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Thats what makes in differnt. Not like the classical hallucinogen. SALVIA isnt a typical halluc. and it gives you what you were looking for anyways. Im just pointing out the difference. I can, but most people dont really trip off of it. They just get deleriouse and stupid, unlike a small opiat-like dose of amanita which I have shown to people who favor that, (people who eat 10 grams dried).

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#4728968 - 09/29/05 12:04 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Soma= NOT AMANITA

It's a very old drug either way. And supposedly the ones on entho sites and so on are much different from the real siberian ones. *shrug*. I'm quite sure I'll try it, simply because it's different. I agree that it's not right to do if you don't know what you're getting into. 5% of people seem to like it. A small amount of the reports are incredibly unique and quite fascinating.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4728990 - 09/29/05 12:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

AManitas can undoubtably fascilitate a massive and insane ego-dissolving trip. Its just nothing like any other drug, and a deleriant also. Im not saying it cant give fat visuals and give your friends an inspired capacity to speak. Its just a fucked -up drug. really

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4729048 - 09/29/05 12:14 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I ordered A+ siberians, and they were far more intense than I expected. They are not normal hallucinogens. I think they are valuable, but the average shroomer whould think that they tasted and felt like horse-shit. I dont. But its for certain people and most interesting if you eat (alot).
I was saying that for you average person, smokeing it and eating small amounts is ideal as the critical thresh-hold between that and something else far more intense, is slim. As are most deleriants. Imagine if one of john C lilly's high school buddies did ketamine at 250 mil cause he said so. They would feel poisoned.
All in all, I was saying that it is a deleriant

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4729095 - 09/29/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It helps the experience to cook them and cause the chemical reaction which makes the muscimol. The ibotenic acid is somewhat toxic. I'm not sure if it's psychoactive, but if it was I imagine the effects would be unpleasant.

Amanitas are on my to-do list, but only because I strive to become a connossieur. I realize I'd be better off just hunting down a few droppers of LSD-25

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: Konnrade]
    #4729432 - 09/29/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

So can I dry them when I find some? Or do I HAVE TO do the oven process?
Also I've read that they make you vomit and feel really bad befor you actually start tripping..Is this correct?

--------------------

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #4729512 - 09/29/05 02:02 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I haven't done them so I can't attest to effects, I just know what I've researched... and a nerdy gentleman such as myself does enjoy his research.

I imagine that if you dried them by applying heat you could kill two birds with one stone though... apply enough heat to break down the ibotenic acid, yet keep it low enough to where you're not baking the shrooms (if you do they tend to ooze out the juices, which are rich in active constituents you should try to conserve).

As for the effects, like I said, I haven't used the amanitas. However with any psychedellic effects (including side effects) can vary widely between individuals and in the case of ethnobotanicals also from specimen to specimen. The best way to find out is just to experience it, of course that's only true if you've researched it enough to be doing so in a somewhat educated fashion. And I assume you've allready done some research in order to develop an interest.

Amanitas are commonly regarded as less "recreational" in nature, as they are less fun than many other substances, but as far as I know they can be very enlightening. Expect amanitas to be for your edification if you use them, rather than to have something to do on a weekend  :tongue:

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: Konnrade]
    #4729609 - 09/29/05 02:21 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The effects are trippy to some sickening and drunken in others, all useing the same variety. They are indeed interesting, dont hold of cause they are deleriants, cause they arent even typical deleriants.
Dry them, fuck the bakeing process. It sounds good but is going to ruin them more than is helps you. Ibotenic acid metabolizes into the desired substances(muscimal). so so dont burn it off. The best amanitas are fresh unbaked amanitas. Youll get more fucked up than you could ever imagine for about 6 hour if you take a fatty dose. Its a fact. If your shrooms are super dry, try them first, you couldnt possibly know how inactive your variety is.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #4730220 - 09/29/05 07:49 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

'Tis the season, for the psychadelic shaman

I have tried some (oven baked) that I harvested in NC, I would do it again.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleJackTackle
pinningmycologist

Loc: behind you
Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: schmutzen]
    #4730422 - 09/29/05 08:43 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Amanita muscaria is the mushroom Alice ate when she went to wonderland

there are TONS of Amanita muscaria var. guessowii that grow around my cottage
http://pluto.njcc.com/~ret/amanita/species/muscgues.html

haven't tried any but my dad and i go hunting for them
they are everywhere in our woods
:supershroom:

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: JackTackle]
    #4734399 - 09/29/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Stemmer, I have not read one intelligent post by you. Its always rambling nonsense.

Don't tell people not to heat it, it is an effective way of reducing most of the undesirable effects. Would you like to set people up to have a miserable experience? Heating will not destroy muscimol. That is why it is possible to smoke Amanita Muscaria mushrooms.

You also said that Amanita Muscaria mushrooms were not soma. How do you know? Did you write the Vedas? It is uncertain as to what soma is.

Not only do you not know what you are talking about, you are also very hypocritical. In a span of a few posts, you go from saying that Amanitas are the biggest "waist" of time to saying that they are very valuable. In the same post, you state that it is the least interesting substance you have ever tried but then in a few posts later you say that Amanitas can "facilitate a massive ego dissolving trip". If thats not interesting, I don't know what is.

Sorry for the outburst everyone, I'm just sick of reading ones nonsensical posts.

Concerning the original post, I suggest heating it in the oven for about 45 mins on about 160 degrees. At this point they should be cracker dry. Use a coffee grinder to grind it up into a fine powder. Take the powder and add your desired amount of water. Simmer for about 30 mins. Drink!

I found it to be a quite enjoyable and euphoric experience. Weird pixelated visuals and the inability to stop smiling. It also felt like I was constantly falling. I experienced no nausea whatsoever on a dose of 15g.

I strongly suggest you try them. If you go the route of trying to find your own make sure you post and get the mushroom properly identified before you eat it. The Amanita Muscaria mushroom is not poisonous but many members of the Amanita family are quite deadly.

Edited by johnjohnandjamal (09/29/05 11:39 PM)

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Washington State Amanita Muscaria Caps (Grade A)? [Re: johnjohnandjamal]
    #4734445 - 09/29/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Im just a purist.........OK guy.
I didnt ask people to take my word for it im just suggesting that people should dry them not cook them. extrapulate info, dont slam it. Cooking often means overdrying + the cooking. Get over it kid, if you want to write a trip report by premising it with slander, then have fun.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom