Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWellaxer
Stranger
Shroom Identification : HELP! :)
    #4720396 - 09/27/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and I would appreciate some of your help to identify some shrooms I found :smile:!

So I went for a walk with my new dog (YAY!) and passed thru some lawn owned by the city. Not really a city actually, more of a suburb... but anyways.
  So I was walking my dog. Lemme describe the area where I found my shrooms:
  it's grassy, besides a fence, and besides the fence there are some plants which are taller than the grass - and they have big leaves - and after the fence, below, there is a river. So basically the area is very natural and has humid aspects due to the river. ALSO, it rained like a motherphuk yesterday... to add to the humidity factor.

As I was walking I realize there was a small patch of shrooms on the grass besides the higher plants. There were maybe around 7 of them, but I chose the 4 nicest looking ones and brought them home. First thing I did was a spore print - still doing so, the cap has been sitting for about 30 mins. I put the other 3 shrooms in the freezer to preserve them.

Me and my friend are fascinated with shroom hunting. We go once in a while, but I'm not a shroom-eater or anything... just yet. Out of the couple of times we went hunting, I never saw a shroom that looked quite like these ones.

Okay enough bla bla... lemme post some pics I took with my crappy webcam.

Alright. Now for a TYPED description.

COLOR (outside): beige pretty much everywhere.

COLOR (inside - gills): brown. Milk chocolate brown. UPDATE: I cut the cap open to realize how the color of the gills shift. The closer you get to the cap, looking at the gills, the more light colored they get. It shifts from chocolate milk brown to light beige. Also, if I remove the gills, the under-cap is also very light beige, much lighter than the outter color of the cap.

STEM: about 4/10 of a centimeter wide.

CAP: 2 centimeter diameter. Very half-circly. (It SORT OF has a tiny TINY connicle shape, like not as much as a liberty cap, but you can see it has a SMALL nipple-like tip... ish.)

BOTTOM OF CAP: I mean the area where the outter cap meets with outter gills... when analyzed, it seems like it has very VERY small hair, as if it had super duper small jagged edges. Very hard to explain.

SCENT: Exactly like the white mushrooms we buy at the local food store. AKA your local pizza store mushrooms.

BRUISING: Well, I messed around with the cap from the spore print and all that I've realized is that the color sleightly shifted to a kind of darker beige/brown (the whole cap). Nothing turned blue. Nothing real different though...

SPORE PRINTS:

The spore print is definately cloudy black and cloudy light & dark brown. The light black cloudy areas of the print have distinctive gill traces, whereas the cloudy brown areas seem like brown dried up liquid.

Anyways, all help is appreciated, and I hope you guys know what this shroom is :smile:!

THANKS!!! :laugh:
Wellaxer

Edited by Wellaxer (09/27/05 08:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrunkenAttempt
Chemically Inclined
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nova Scotia, CANADA
Re: Shroom Identification : HELP! :) [Re: Wellaxer]
    #4721638 - 09/27/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

sorta sounds like conocybe tenera, or some other conocybe...not sure though the pics are pretty bad.

--------------------

Nature is my God, Science is my religion.

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Shroom Identification : HELP! :) [Re: DrunkenAttempt]
    #4722213 - 09/27/05 08:27 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I think that is some sort of Psatherella. Non-Edible and probably harmful.

Wait for some more posts. I could be wrong. There are some pretty damn Myco-Intelligent folks in this Forum.

As you probably know, there are alot of harmful mushrooms. So don't eat anything, unless you have a 100% positive edible ID.

Pretty good Description, there. Someone will probably tell you exactly what it is.

OfflineWellaxer
Stranger
    #4722285 - 09/27/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

UPDATE: Adding some information and spore prints.

OfflineSeaShrooms
The dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hitchhiking
Re: Shroom Identification : HELP! :) [Re: psiclops]
    #4722441 - 09/27/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i wouldnt eat it personally, for one thing the spore print was not at all "shroom colory" (purple-brown-black) try horse shit ive had alot of luck with it :crazy2:

--------------------
The life of a condemned soul is hatred.

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Re: Shroom Identification : HELP! :) [Re: SeaShrooms]
    #4722503 - 09/27/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Wellaxer. When I started mushrooms hunting. I had a state of mind like yours.

I would say to myself, "I'm gonna go mushrooms hunting."

"Yaaayyy," I would say, "Mushrooms are awwweessommme!!!"

But then, one day, I realized that I would never be a successful mushroom hunter, unless I knew what I was hunting. So I went to the shroomery, and asked questions.

A very intellegent Moderator said to me, something along the lines of, "Say, Psiclops!!! Wouldn't it be grand if you did a tad bit of research??" I was all, "eh??? errr, I guess soo, drrr."

Then I did just that, Wellaxer.

Now, I know all the active mushroom in my region. It's great.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

#4723637 - 09/28/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hehe yeah psiclops is correct it is really awwwwwwwwweessomme to know all the actives in you're area and then go hunting for em because you'll definitely find something he he!I strongly recomend you do this too :smile:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Re: Shroom Identification : HELP! :) [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #4739667 - 10/01/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

What is your general location, Wellaxer? (Country/State/Region)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4741526 - 10/01/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

It looks pretty similar to Psathyrella velutina to me. Not worth eating for any reason, but probably not poisonous.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineSixwallplasma33
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25204394 - 05/14/18 09:25 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom