Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeatlesrock
Stranger
weed vs shrooms
    #470311 - 11/26/01 05:54 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

would you consider shrooms to be like weed, just much more intense? do the two do basically the same thing, just shrooms start where weed left off?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpidey
Stranger
Re: weed vs shrooms [Re: beatlesrock]
    #470375 - 11/26/01 07:01 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

No. Absolutely not. They are two completely different drugs. They do not work the same, they do not feel the same.

As a teen, I made that same mistaken assumption thinking LSD would be like marijuana. And I was in way over my head.

Offlinelissa
Loc: Ohio (sucks!)
    #470378 - 11/26/01 07:01 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

weed is pretty chill in my opinion... you can smoke anytime. shrooms can be crazy fun, deeply spiritual, or you can have a terrible trip. it all just depends. have you read any of the trip reports on this site? i suppose a very low dose of shrooms could be more comparable to weed, but higher doses will take you places you have never been!

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #470385 - 11/26/01 07:06 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

People will argue with this but weed is very much like mushrooms...With small doses of mushrooms 1gram or less the mushroom buzz is very close to marijauana..And when you say does the mushroom pick up where MJ leaves off, I say yes and then some and even further if you want...Marijauna gives you insite as mushrooms do, there are subtle differences at low doses and major differences at high doses, if your looking for a marijuana type buzz with more kick eat a gram of mushrooms alone and kick back..I feel that is whata your seeking...

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlinelissa
Loc: Ohio (sucks!)
Re: weed vs shrooms [Re: lissa]
    #470419 - 11/26/01 07:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

oh, and one more thing. the first time i took lsd i really didn't know anything about it. like spidey, i was just assuming something sort of like weed. i was exceptionally lucky i didn't have a bad trip. my mind was blown, and thus began my journey in the land of psychedelics. do some research. check out www.erowid.org - it has just about everything you need to know about drugs.

OfflineSpidey
Stranger
Re: weed vs shrooms [Re: lissa]
    #470445 - 11/26/01 07:36 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hey.

Shrooms will be more like LSD than they would marijuana. Not the same, but more like it when comparing the three.

Both psilocybin and LSD act in similar manners, inhibiting the release of the neurotransmitter, seritonin. THC acts upon a different mechanism, the neurotransmitter, anandamide.

Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: weed vs shrooms [Re: Spidey]
    #470489 - 11/26/01 08:29 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Taking advice from a Newbie is not a good idea,,,,Although everyone experiences different things on substances, few have taken low doses of mushrooms they speak of only full blown trips.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineSpidey
Stranger
Re: weed vs shrooms [Re: egolesss]
    #470511 - 11/26/01 08:50 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

LOL!

By "Newbie", I mean I am new to this forum. I've been experimenting with psychedelics and other drugs for well over ten years now.

I don't need much advice. I think I've learned a thing or two over the past decade.

;)

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #470519 - 11/26/01 08:57 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

With ten years experience you could give better advice to the question at hand......LOL

--------------------

OfflineSpidey
Stranger
    #470531 - 11/26/01 09:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Advice? What advice?

He asked if shrooms were like marijuana. I answered his question and added a precaution for engaging in drugs use when unsure.

I do not give advice nor do I advocate using drugs. If he chooses to use drugs, that's his business. Just as it is my business that I do. There's no right or wrong, there's only responsibility. I'll be responsible for my actions, and in turn, that's all I ask from others. To go into a psychedelic experience, (or to advise another to) under misconceptions is not only irresponsible, it's reckless.

I only warned against entering an experience with false preconceptions. To mistake any psychedelic as "only a weed experience" is irresponsible and reckless.

Perhaps at low-low doses, mushrooms (or LSD) might be like a high dose of THC, but never-the-less, the two drugs are very much different.

Edited by Spidey (11/26/01 09:11 PM)

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #470539 - 11/26/01 09:20 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It took some digging , but thank you....

--------------------

OfflineSpidey
Stranger
    #470550 - 11/26/01 09:27 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

:)

No need for thanks; its all in a day's work :)

-Spidey; your friendly neighborhood psychonaut.

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
    #471351 - 11/27/01 05:09 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

They are completely different drugs, but they do have their similarities.

Funny how they are the perfect two drugs to mix, and the two pure organic substances straight from the earth ;)

PEace..

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineSpidey
Stranger
Re: weed vs shrooms [Re: TrauM]
    #471446 - 11/27/01 06:23 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

>>>but they do have their similarities. <<<

I just don't get psychedelic effects from marijuana or from hash, no matter how much I eat or smoke. Maybe its cuz I've been a daily toker all of my adult life?

Smoking dope makes me feel "normal" and then sedated later on. Nothing "trippy" about it.

My whole point was that psychedelics should never be taken lightly. They deserve to be respected and revered. To tell someone to expect a marijuana type high from shrooms or LSD or any psychedelic is very irresponsible. Based on those suggestions, the person asking could be in for a bad time. My first time I was about 16yrs old, I dropped 4 hits of some very good LSD. 18 hours later, I came back down to earth, after the most mind-shattering night. I didn't know what to expect cuz some dumbass said, "Oh, it's kinda like weed." (perhaps I was the dumbass for believing him.)

Anyway, I did happen to enjoy it WAY too much, ten years and hundreds of doses later, I'm just telling it like I see it.

Anyway, experience dictates opinion, so that's where I'm coming from.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#471468 - 11/27/01 06:37 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

when I used to smoke weed, occassionally I'd get psychedelic effects (sometimes pretty good visuals) however Spidey is right, you just can't compare them. you can't (not in good sized doses anyways). it's like comparing a ferrari to a suzuki motorcycle they are totally different machines even though they both transport you from one place to another.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds