Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSoap_Salesman
Mushroom noob

Loc: quebec, canada
Need advice about my parents :(
    #4677455 - 09/18/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hello everyone, i'm really in a mess here and i don't really know anyone who shares the interest of mushroom hunting with me so i decided to look for advice here with people who share my interest :smile:

My problem is that i have recently developed a growing, lasting interest in hunting active mushrooms. I've been doing so for almost about 2 weeks now and i learned plenty of new things and i really enjoy doing it.

My parents though found out about this hobby and now im in trouble. I live in a medium sized apartment with my mom and step-dad, so hiding things from them is really hard to do. My mom found my stash of unidentified mushrooms that i picked the other night while putting socks in my drawer. She got really pissed and kinda freaked cause she is an anti-drug person to the extreme and she thought they were magic mushrooms (which they aren't) 

I explained to my parents that i haven't ever done magic mushrooms but that i hunt wild mushrooms and identify them and that i would like to try magic mushrooms. My parents let me smoke marijuana in my room so long as it isn't excessive (and even that took months of convincing them), But shrooms and any other drugs to them is out of the question. My parents are willing to call the cops on me if they catch me with mushrooms in my room and i tried my best to convince them but they wont bend. I really like this new hobby, and because shrooms aren't very popular where i live hunting and identifying wild ones are my safest bet for finding magic mushrooms, but my parents have had it and i don't know what to do.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Need advice about my parents :( [Re: Soap_Salesman]
    #4677481 - 09/18/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

inform them about mushrooms... if they let you smoke weed in your room it seems to me they are ok with mind-expanding drugs but are scared of mushrooms because of the image they have...
just give them all the info you can find so they can read up and realize that mushrooms have no addictive quality and aren't even dangerous to your health... good luck, man!  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
    #4677498 - 09/18/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well... if they let you smoke MJ then their not really against drugs
they just don't know what's what i'm guessing
you should know what you're doing though and make them realize you've made an aducated decition (SP?) to try magic mushrooms...
you should be old enough to decide that kind of thing if you're posting here :wink: and if you're not old enough then you might want to wait some time with that kind of thing?

also don't bring that stuff home... it's your perents home and they get to decide wether you like it or not!
you can try it when they're not in the way (either when they're on vacation or when you're not home) and if that does not work out then just wait till you're on your own!

i've made it clear to my perents that i'm gonna use any drug i see fit but i've also made it pretty clear that i'll be doing so safely and for the right reasons
(so far i've only smoked weed and tried mushrooms a couple of times (which didn't work!) they don't like it but they can't say anything about it anymore becouse i'm old enough to decide that kind of stuff for my own!
i really want to grow weed and shrooms (that's the best way to go about it!) but i can't becouse i still live with them and i know that THAT is something they will not accept in their home and i totaly respect that even though i can't see the reasoning behind it...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4677510 - 09/18/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That's strange that they let you smoke weed but are against mushrooms.

Let them know that mushrooms aren't physically damaging at all, and that you've spent a lot of time researching them and learning about them (or at least I hope you have).

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
    #4677511 - 09/18/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

on a mature level - you live with your parents. abide by there rules man, its the only way you will continue to have roof over your head and food in your stomach.

if you have a friend who is willing to allow you to store them his house...then maybe theres a answer. or if you have a car, maybe in the trunk or something. or maybe a special place you go to, to hide them there ya know what i mean.

but IMO its not worth getting bitched at by the rents all the time, nor having the cops notified.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineSoap_Salesman
Mushroom noob

Loc: quebec, canada
Re: Need advice about my parents :( [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4677829 - 09/18/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Bump

does anyone else have some advice to give?

Im not going to discuss shrooms with my parents for awhile because we just settled an arguement about them and i dont want to add fuel to a dying fire so to speak. After a couple of weeks ill discuss the topic with them after they have forgotten about it.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #4677975 - 09/18/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

im with everyone else on this one.... if you arent paying rent and bills, and are getting a free ride, then obey there rules.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale