Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilly_Cyben
not-quite-newbie

Loc: USA
Pan cyans cultivation questions
    #4674987 - 09/17/05 06:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I read Ralphster's Pan cyans cultivation tek, and I have a couple of questions for anyone experienced with growing this species.

The normal grain tek requires a 24-hour soak before boiling, but Ralphster's tek seems to say boiling finch seed alone is necessary. Is that, indeed, the case? For my first batch I used rye berries and the usual 24-hour soak followed by an hour cooking and the PC'ing for an hour. I'm boiling finch seed right now without a presoak for my second attempt. Will that be enough, or should I let the seeds sit over night before PC'ing to allow endospores to germinate?

My second question involves the transition from spawning in horse manure to fruiting. Ralphster's tek implies that you place the tray in the fruiting chamber as soon as there is some sign that the spawned grain is growing in the h poo. However, Ralphster also says that the procedure is similar to cubensis cultivation. For cubes I let the myc fully colonize the poo before casing and fruiting. Did he really mean to say that the trays may be cased and placed in the fruiting chamber when there is only a little growth on the poo?

One final question: I've been adding a heaping tsp of blood meal to 8 cups of h poo to boost nitrogen for my cubes. So far the two strains I'm growing this way, OI and B+, seem to thrive on this mixture. Do you think it would be all right for the P. cyans, too, with their more delicate mycelia?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSilly_Cyben
not-quite-newbie

Loc: USA
Re: Pan cyans cultivation questions [Re: Silly_Cyben]
    #4678940 - 09/18/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I know someone out there must have used Ralphster's tek for grown Pan cyans. I'd appreciate your input, please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate