Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

do i need a whole azz load of poo???!!!
    #4664162 - 09/15/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

man im so excited, last night my buddy at work said the stables by his house have a free horse poo sign out.. so im gonna hit it up this weekend.. so ive been reading about how to do horse poo.. i think i have the whole leaching/drying/pasturizing steps down, but i keep reading that its a 20% spawn to 80% poo so would that be for every 1 jar of spawn i would need 4 jars of poo..?? my question is.. if i have 5 pint jars i would need 20 pints worth of poo... or am i just retarded... cuz that seems like a whole azz load of poo..

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: do i need a whole azz load of poo???!!! [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4664192 - 09/15/05 09:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You can use more spawn to make your poo colonize faster. The amount of poo you use is up to you and your fruiting container size(s). You don't HAVE to use all of your pint jars, or you could use them all and just spawn to 10 pints of poo. The poo will colonize REAL fast.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: do i need a whole azz load of poo???!!! [Re: FooMan]
    #4664204 - 09/15/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ic, is 20% just a estimate or is that like the optimal ratio.. and how long would coloized jars of grain be good for if i put them in the fridge??

--------------------

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4664222 - 09/15/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

20% is pretty much the minimum you want to use for decent colonization times. As for the grain spawn in the fridge, assuming you don't get contams, it should be good to go until you have your poo ready. Just make sure when you go to get the poo, you try to get the stuff that's leeched already so you don't have to wait too long.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4664236 - 09/15/05 09:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

kewl so just make up as much poo that will fit into my fruiting chamber and mix spawn to it.. sounds like a plan!! :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4664253 - 09/15/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

20 pints worth of poo is not that much. its less than 10 wet lbs. 4:1 or 5:1 ratio will give you a good colonization time.
this last time i spawned some old brf jars (in the fridge for 2 mnths) 3:1, just to hopefully speed the colonization with the old myc. we'll see what happens.
best of luck
:peace:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4664255 - 09/15/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

5 to 1 ratio works great.

5 pounds of Tenn Stud with 3 Quart jars of Substrate...

that picture was taken the other day...

this morning its almost done.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: do i need a whole azz load of poo???!!! [Re: Roadkill]
    #4664290 - 09/15/05 10:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

kewl.. ive never been so excited to play with poop before!! the wife is gonna be so happy!!! :smile: *hides the baseball bat* :shitstorm:

roadkill how long did it take for that tub to colonize that in your pic there??

--------------------

Edited by willmafingerdo (09/15/05 10:02 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags