Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Can You Cool "Just Steam Sterilized" jars in the fridge?
    #4654688 - 09/13/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i was wondering if its safe to let 6 jars sit for 2 hours after steam/boiling sterilizing then putting them in the fridge for 1-2 hrs to cool them quicker?

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineevolmachine
Wandering Star
Re: Can You Cool "Just Steam Sterilized" jars in the fridge? [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #4654769 - 09/13/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

patience young jedi... you must learn patience! If you can't wait for jars to cool, how on earth are you gonna wait for them to colonize or grow? lol

i'd say you'd probably be okay if you let them cool a few hours before you put them in the fridge. You run the risk of your glass cracking from being cooled to fast, and cracked jars usually = contams, although i've had 3 cracked jars never get a single contam... however i have had jars explode in a pc'er becuause i tried to let the pressure out and cooled them to fast. thats a wonderful sound. =(

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Can You Cool "Just Steam Sterilized" jars in the fridge? [Re: evolmachine]
    #4662412 - 09/14/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

thanks evolmachine, i am a first time grower and have 4 colonized jars, i had 6 but 2 got cobweb mold somehow. those first 6 jars i let cool over night in the pot i used to sterilize them for 1 1/2 hrs of boiling with lid on the pot. i was just wondering if it was safe to cool them quicker by putting them in the fridge. and you're exactly right, i let them cool for 2 hrs first cuz i knew they'd crack if they went straight into the fridge. thanks again man

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies