Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePerpetual_Motion
Stranger
Advise on dosage for 3rd time...
    #4641555 - 09/10/05 10:24 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm a total n00b when it comes to shrooms, so I'm looking for some advice:

A group of us are wanting to do some shrooms again (in my garden)when the folks are out of town. The most I've taken so far is 2g, with the result of a good (high level 2 / low level 3) trip, from what i can gather from reading this site. My friend, also on 2g was experiencing the whole morphing & melting effect.

I'm wanting to up my dose, because I'd really like to experience the higher level trips, but I'm not 100% sure as to how much i should increase my dose by. My 1 friend suggested going up to 4g. does that sound like to sharp a rise?

Any help/tips/advice would be much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Advise on dosage for 3rd time... [Re: Perpetual_Motion]
    #4641579 - 09/10/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

My 1 friend suggested going up to 4g.

Your friend is a loon :grin:

No seriously, dont do that. I recommend you take 2gr several times wioth several weeks in between and I guarantee you that if the mushrooms are just as strong, your trips will become evermore intense and interesting.

You're a n00b.
You're learning to fly.
Learning to see visuals.
Learning what it feels like to trip.

Think of tripping as sex: the first few times you're clumsying around and only later one you learn to do it juuust right.

2gr is a pretty hard fuck. You don't want it to turn S&M, trust me :wink:
Seriously, 2gr can hit you way hard if the mushrooms are good. Just stick to 2 grams and it will become more interesting on its own.

If you decide you're going to be stubborn: a sizable group of Shroomerites (thanks to the poll) says 3gr or 1/8oz is a very strong trip. And indeed: it may blow you out of the water, even much beyond your likings.

I have tripped for 12.5 years.
About 100 times.
Maximum dose was 12 grams dried.
Nowadays I dose 0.25-2.5gr, because that's the sweetspot.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinePerpetual_Motion
Stranger
Re: Advise on dosage for 3rd time... [Re: Asante]
    #4641815 - 09/10/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thx alot, that's good to know, and yes, my friend is a loon, that's probably why he's saying that.

Also, say i take 2g & i find it doesn't hit me as hard as i'd like, after say 1h30, could i take another gram or would it be a total waist? & if i didn't take the extra gram, how long can i keep it for? I have no idea if dried shrooms go off?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Advise on dosage for 3rd time... [Re: Perpetual_Motion]
    #4642158 - 09/10/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Personally I'd say if it doesn't hit you hard enough then simply work with what you've got. The mushroom most often used is Psilocybe cubensis. . . It has an average of 6mg Psilocybin per dried gram, with the ratio being half (3) or double (12) Your two grams thus contain ~12mg (6-24mg) Psilocybin. Two grams (well, two-thirds of 1/8oz) is the average of what 855 Shroomerites took in over 10.000 trips, so thats a pretty strong number -and message. If you have BAD mushrooms the 6mg can still be quite interesting and if they are good (and you of average sensitivity) thenm you have to hold onto your hat for a wild ride, but chances are it won't bowl you over beyond a few hours. If you want to boost mushrooms there are two times: [b]1:30 hours into it[/b] you will probably add height if you boost. [b]3:00 hours into it[/b] you can keep the trip going for another 4-6 hours. Peter Stamets recommends to take half the amount you intend and if it is OK to take the other half at 1:30h. Personally I'm much in favor of prolonging by boosting at 3:00h. Considering you are new to it and have a lifetime of experimenting opportunities ahead of you I'd say go for 2gr without fancy tricks until you've got at least 10 trips or 1 year under your belt. 10 trips in a year would be a maximum in my book, the average Shroomerite (and I) take about one trip every 2 months.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag