Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Help with MJ deficiencies PLEASE!!!
    #4607259 - 09/01/05 07:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

OK... I don't have any pics yet but I will post them if needed.  I've checked overgrow and the stack of grow books piled up in the corner but this deficiency or problem is hard to find at all.  First... about two weeks ago she showed problems of Magnesium and Sulfur deficiency... took care of that but caused a little salt toxicity.  OK... fixed that, but now she's turning her leaves at a 90 degree angle.  Can anyone tell me what this means... for the life of me I can't find it anywhere? 

And after a Magnesium and Sulfur deficiency, will the leaves ever straighten out from curling under.  They straightened out about 90-95%, does that mean there's still a small deficiency there but the salt buildup slowed down the process? 

Thanks for any and all help, any links would be helpful also... maybe I just didn't type in the right keywords somewhere.  :confused:

Edited by popnganja420 (09/01/05 11:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: Help with MJ deficiencies PLEASE!!! [Re: popnganja420]
    #4611627 - 09/02/05 05:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Please tell me I don't have to go to overgrow to post this....  :confused:

--------------------
"... Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #4611658 - 09/02/05 06:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Give her a few good flushes of PH corrected water, sounds like you burned her.

Then take the time to list your grow method, nutes, EC, PH lights fans temps etc?

Then we might be able to work it out.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: Help with MJ deficiencies PLEASE!!! [Re: Hanky]
    #4612119 - 09/02/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ok... now the PH has remained at 6.7-7.2 the whole time... that is for the soil. I use all soil, I use 30-30-30 Miracle Gro about once every two weeks or so. She is under a 150 W HPS with two high output fluorescents putting off 6800 lumens each, and the HPS puts out 16,000 lumens. I use one fan above the plant but below the light, she's in a small closet about 2.5' x 2.5' x 5'. The temp stays at 85-94 max... and the humidity is around 30%.

My soil is a mix of Miracle Gro potting soil, sand and vermiculite and perlite. And as I said earlier, she did show signs of Sulfer and Magnesium deficiencies so I misted with a Epsom Salt solution till she came straightened out about 95%. Some leaf tips still bend downwards, but they no longer bend upwards like they're praying. This is my momma too so I've been working really hard as she's very picky compared to most. If it helps she's a NL #5 x White Widow mix if you think there might be something pertaining to the specific strain and its needs.

I'm still trying to get a good pic... I have the crappiest camera... it has .005 megapixels!!! She looks good, N is a little high with K and Phos. kinda low. I've noticed that my N is always on the high side no matter what I do. I've tried flushing the soil with no help... everything else is leached but the N.

I'm new to abbreviations... what's EC? Thanks for all your help.

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #4613130 - 09/02/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Your PH maybe a little high, try and bring it down to 6.5 or a little lower.

How long since she's been repotted? Is she root bound? Mums often benifit from repotting and root trimming if you've had them in the same pot for a long time.

EC is electrical conductivity and only applies to hydro so don't worry about that.

I'll add that I have no experiance with soil growing so you may want another opinion, the reason I dont use soil is that problems like this are much easier to fix in hydro systems, soil just has too many veriables.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

#4613899 - 09/02/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well... after all this I'm considering hydro too. Soil gets good results but I'm having the hardest time maintaining all the right nutrient levels. She was repotted about 1 month ago, I took her from a 1 gallon container to a 3 gallon bucket. She's about 2.5 months old and growing fast so I think I may need to move to a 5 gallon bucket in a couple weeks maybe. I've not come across root trimming... hmmmm... looks like I still have more to learn.

I've transplanted her every 3-4 weeks so far, using 1 gallon of dirt per foot of plant height. As for the Sulfur deficiency... will the leaves ever straighten all the way out again? If I posted pics would that help out? Sorry that was a dumb question.... pics coming up tomorrow. Thanks hanky for your advice.

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #4614023 - 09/02/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The damaged leaves wont recover, Just keep an eye on the new growth. A few pics sure would help.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4615322 - 09/03/05 02:43 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

90 degrees UP? towards the lights?

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: Help with MJ deficiencies PLEASE!!! [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4615615 - 09/03/05 07:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No... there 90 degrees sideways.... like --- to | No curling, burnt tips, etc. Pics are on there way... sorry for the delay... I was trying to find a better camera. I water her like once a week because the vermiculite stretches that out a bit. So then I mist her about 5x a day... would it be more beneficial to water with regular water and mist with a light nutrient solution maybe once or twice a week? If I'm having a lot of problems with the soil levels... can I maintain a certain soil standard and use foliar feeding to make up the difference without stressing the plant?

--------------------

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

#4615640 - 09/03/05 07:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Alright... here's the pics. I did my best with my cheap camera. None of the leaves have remained at the 90 degree angle... it lasts maybe 2 days at a time and then it goes away. I was wondering if it could be a sign of overwatering... then as the plant sucks up the water and adjusts the signs go away of course. I'm wandering if there may be a little too much vermiculite.

I hope that helps as much as possible... my camera sucks. Thanks for all your help guys.... any advice what so ever is much appreciated. Most of the lower leaves have straightened out... I was thinking the top ones were bent down because of salt toxicity from over watering with the epsom salt solution.

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
    #4617176 - 09/03/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Too much N! That curl is caused by excess Nitrogen!
Apart from that she looks ok, just back off on the ferts a little.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
[/quote]

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

#4617321 - 09/03/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Arrrggghhhh! *pulling hair out* How did I miss that one!?! I thought it was due to sulfur deficiency.......... are these both closely related in appearances, the excess N and the low S?

--------------------

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

#4617325 - 09/03/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the input hanky.

--------------------

Offlineneightball
Stranger
    #4618923 - 09/04/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You may want to get her into a bigger pot dude,I go from cups to 1,3, then 5 to finish in. Check out this link.

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?threadid=502075

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: Help with MJ deficiencies PLEASE!!! [Re: neightball]
    #4619742 - 09/04/05 04:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Nice link... none of my books make the comparison between the Nitrogen and Magnesium. Actually my book doesn't tell about excess nutrients other then burning the tips.

--------------------

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #4632852 - 09/08/05 02:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

what variety are you growing? some strains turn there leves regardless such as blueberry, durban and a quite of few others. yes it would be magnesium if you saw white stricks and withering of leaves but that could also be molbydium. sulfer defficences almost never happen in cannabis if you are using premade organic or chemical fertilizers. i think u are misinterperting everything. sounds like u need a good leaching. wait for the soil to dry then give them a good doss of whatever nutrient u r using preferably foxfarm or a equivelent. like i said maybe u need a better mother unless she has been tested. then it is your fault. blueberry and strains that have been imbreed for a few generations produce these traits occasionally to alot.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Help with MJ deficiencies PLEASE!!! [Re: durban_poison]
    #4632861 - 09/08/05 02:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

leach let dry fertilize. molybidum sounds like the culprit but in all my years with modern nutrients thats never the case. if you are making your own maybe. leach until the water coming out of the bottoum of your pot looks clear then let it go dry. then next watering feed it normal nutrient not what it says on the container cause thats usually too strong. cut that recipe in half.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #4633845 - 09/08/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im no longer wasted. looks like a nl 5 haze.. no? yeah leach the shit out of her before she burns. looks like you over fertilized it especally with phosphors that why it is so dark and the curling relates to this as well as the epsom salts. there is no need for epsom salts if you arent making your own nutrient because they already come with more then plenty.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck