Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Amanita Muscaria weather conditions
    #4604621 - 08/31/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, so I know it grows from August to November;
I know it can be found in the forest around trees, preferably birches, pines; but how about good weather conditions? I`m in central europe, and during last days its been rather HOT and dry, especially for this time (summer is ending!), and it is predicted to be still quite hot for at least a week, fortunatly it is going to rain some later on.

So what temperatures are good for Amanitas, and how much rain is required? I tried to find this info somewhere online, with no success so far.

Any ideas?

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: Amanita Muscaria weather conditions [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #4606997 - 09/01/05 02:12 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i would say around 85 degs to 75 degs. they come out mid to late august here. i would say that rain realy doesnt matter with them, but helps. figure thares gonna be a thick layer of spruce needles under the tree that insulates moisture. on dry dry dry days, i can scrape off the top 1/2 inch and reviel moisture and tons of mycelium.

--------------------

Edited by ST341THN1NJ4 (09/01/05 02:21 AM)

OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria weather conditions [Re: S8N]
    #4607001 - 09/01/05 02:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ok im back with pictures of 3 difrent conifers to give you an idea on the kind of trees your looking for and what your NOT looking for. i will start off with the PINE. these are the long needled guys in the front. notice that thare are difrent types of pines, white pine being the most robust, and scotch pine being the most skanky. ive seen a white pine around 60 foot high and around 20-30 foot wide. BIG. ive seen a scotch pine around 30 foot high, with only the top having a little bush smaller than this pine. scotch pine used to be commonly used for telephone poles.

ok next we move on to another conifer known as FIR.

firs almost look like what your looking for but when they are full sized you can walk, or almost walk, clean under them. they have short needles but are about half as soft as spruce needles. the next one is the golden mad man that spits out the amanitas here. muscarias are said to come under all these trees, but i have enough of these trees as i think i have said in other posts to know exactly what they grow under. this is SPRUCE! if im gone for more than 3 hours DONT come find me.

imagine this as being a 500x500 to 800x800 foot block. ive got like 10 of these blocks, and later pictures will show what i picked 2 days ago. i picked a batch a week ago, so the buttons formed around 2 weeks ago. they form "pine cones" and i could see why everyone would call them pines, but they are realy spruce and the only trees i find amanitas under. i dont have oaks or birch trees that are also said to grow these. ive talked to someone from the pacific north west that says they grow under birch. unfortunately i only get to play with conifers. merry christmas!!!!

--------------------

OfflineWoombleshamba
Sasquatch Hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria weather conditions [Re: S8N]
    #4608025 - 09/01/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey thanks for the tips! I've been searching unsucessfully as well in Southern Ontario. There's plenty of spruce forest around, so I'll check one out this weekend. Again thanks a lot. :smile:
peace,love,laughter
Woombleshamba

--------------------
Don't go opening windows if you can't handle the breeze

OfflinePsiledehysp
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria weather conditions [Re: Woombleshamba]
    #4609510 - 09/01/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I`ll second that thanx - you made quite a work to explain things here, thank you very much! I was thinking 75 - 85? Damn, thats how hot it is now (80 - 85f) and its quite dry so I decided to go to some forrest, in shaded areas, and found 4! They were growing under pine and birch trees, in medium/long thin grasses. They are drying as we speak, I made some pictures but I need a link for camera/computer.

I decided to follow this drying strategy:

Phase one, chop them into small pieces, and leave for about a day to dry some, and avoid too much juicing in phase two, and that would be dryin in the oven for about an hour in temperature 175 - 200 F. I have also removed some skin from one cup for future smoking.

As a finall note, I have been researching these mushrooms for quite a bit lately and it seem a lot of missinformation is going on, especially from people who have never tried them and know not much about risks and proper techniques, and are just parroting things they have hears from similar people.

With proper caution (100% sure identification), right preparation (dry-heated in 170 - 200F to convert most of toxic stuff to deesired compound) and starting low as to test own sensitivity and mushroom`s potency (varies a lot, so good idea is to mix a lot of mushrooms together to make a "standarised" mix) well, with all that it seems its worth it and is safe enough (as nothing is perfectly safe).

--------------------
- Carl Gustav Jung

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
    #4611419 - 09/02/05 02:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I agree Psiledehysp about the strategy and misinformation. Dry them well in LOW temp, crunch 'em, mix 'em and start testing the personal dosage from that standardized patch.

But it is said in many texts that the meat under skin (yellow color) has most potency. So the stipe and gills are less potent, thou still must have some potency.

Smoking amanita doesn't seem to work. Many users report the same.
I cant find but one smoke report and that combined with cannabis, so I can only think that there is a strong placebo effect in that experiment. That report writes about 2 sq. cm of peeled skin. Smoked a half cap (2" diameter) without gills from a bong. No noticeable effects. Smoke wasn't all that bad, surprisingly smooth.

OfflinePsiledehysp
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria weather conditions [Re: astraalialma]
    #4611747 - 09/02/05 08:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thats true, not much reports about smoking, but I found few:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_smoked.shtml
http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=5438
http://www.bluelight.nu/vb/showthread.ph...ghlight=amanita

One with just tobacco! If it indeed works, I guess effects are not very strong, plus personal and mushroom variations may cause little effects in some cases.

Anyone have some personal experience with smoking?

And how about re-dosing - say after eating first trial dose and having only very weak effects - eating a bit more after (at least) 2 hours?

--------------------
- Carl Gustav Jung

OfflineWoombleshamba
Sasquatch Hunter
 User Gallery

#4611854 - 09/02/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hi all, good news! I went for a short walk today in a mixed forest (cedar birch oak) near my house and found a multitude of beautiful Var.Formosa. Since they were all in various stages of growth I took only 8 with me. The largest stood about 20cm high with a cap  11 cm in diameter. They are being preped in the oven as I type. :smile: looking forward to a mystical night. :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineAntarath
Stranger
    #4611876 - 09/02/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

wow...I just found Amanita muscaria with a cap nearly the size of a dinnerplate. But still... I'm not sure about eating them. It's been reported sweating and salivating.. maybe that's when they've been eaten raw..I dunno. Thank god we have the Erowid Experience Vault!  :grin:

And when it comes to smoking the skin.. I smokes the skins of 5 large caps yesterday.. didn't mix it with tobacco, and the "joint" was the size of a cigar. A huuuuge one, and didn't do shit to me. So it's a waste, yeah

Edited by Antarath (09/02/05 10:11 AM)

OfflineWoombleshamba
Sasquatch Hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria weather conditions [Re: Antarath]
    #4616802 - 09/03/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I brewed up a potion last night and drank some ( about a cup) and wow, they say the initial effects are unpleasent, and man they are right. LOL. I was very nausious. I didn't vomit tho. I fell asleep instead. I slept very well. Unfortunately a little too well, because I didn't wake up until after noon. I drank the tea at 2:30am, fell asleep at 3. When I finally awoke, the effects had worn off, so I didn't experience any altered reality, but I had a dream about flying that was SO REAL. anyhow, I don't know if I'll try it again, just because the first stage is so very disconcerting. My stomach is still a little weak today. If I wasn't educated about muscaria and %100 sure that it was in fact fly agaric that i consumed I'd be worried. But I am, so I'm not.
peace, love,laughter
Woombleshamba

--------------------

OfflinePsiledehysp
 User Gallery

#4621788 - 09/05/05 06:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ate about 1 small, just cap - nothing, or placebo, or very light hard to tell effects... so after 90 minutes I ate 3/4 of a medium cap - I wanted to just bite it but it tasted sooo good. After another 40 minutes I started to feel it, but still very light - breathing was easier, with no effort, I became a little sleepy, so after a while I fall asleep and have woken up next morning, don`t remember any unusual dreams.

Either my shrooms were week, or I`m not to sensitive, or I have a false idea of small/medium amanita. I would like to get some reaction on the last one - for all amanita users, what do you consider small cap, medium, large? (diameter in inches, please).

At first I was thinking, a 2 inch cap is small, 3 inch medium...... 4 - 5 big, but since my book says amanitas grow from 4 to 8 inches (cap diameter) and I heard people speaking about as big as 10 - 12 inches, so perhaps its more like 2 -3 = small, 4 - 5 = medium, and 6+ = big? If so, in my first trial I have eaten (at first) very small, and than definitly less than a medium cap so that would explain something. (while eating those, it has striked my that this *in no way* weights any near 3 grams, as medium caps are said to weight) Still, I am aware mushroom potency variation and my own sensitivity equals unpredictable results.

--------------------
- Carl Gustav Jung

Edited by Psiledehysp (09/05/05 06:31 AM)

OfflinePsiledehysp
 User Gallery

#4622343 - 09/05/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Pictures anyone? Here are two big ones (6inch diameter):

And same duo, along with remindings af said medium one, this time dried:

--------------------
- Carl Gustav Jung

OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

#4632068 - 09/07/05 09:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

holy shit! i didnt expect this! i point and come back a week later to find TRIP REPORTS! i love that hue of red to the muscaria. i found some under a maple, but thare were several other leaf dropping trees around so nothing conclusive about this. i bet you want my var. of muscaria because i wouldnt mind yours! var formosa is sexy as hell. it comes in white, yellow, orange, and yellow with blood red to the center. i always slap the shrooms under a fan on a card table to dry them imediately. i just picked up a machette so my yeilds will be greater than before. im passing over 50 mushrooms saying meh because i hate going between the spruce and getting all beat to hell. nice pix, ill throw a pix of one of my finds here.

much love,
me

--------------------

InvisibleBobHumboldt
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria weather conditions -- Upstate NY? [Re: S8N]
    #4642319 - 09/10/05 01:43 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, all. I just relocated to the area south of Lake Ontario from northern California. In that part of the west (Humboldt) the Amanita Muscaria are like clockwork -- Mid November to Late December. I've read they should be out here (upstate NY) this month, maybe October. Any insights would be appreciated.

Also, that's good advice on Muscaria. 1. Dry -- I'd say about 140 degrees. 2. Go easy to determine the dose that works for you. 3. Mix caps for that "special blend" and to normalize the content. One other tip is not to drink carbonated beverages with the shrooms.

My usual amount is about 10 grams, based on quite a few experiences over the last 25 years.

Soma is the Spirit of God.

Peace

OfflineWoombleshamba
Sasquatch Hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Muscaria weather conditions -- Upstate NY? [Re: BobHumboldt]
    #4644219 - 09/10/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Look for them in the mixed forest in the great lakes region. They're all over the forest floor right now here in S.Ontario. Good luck, have fun, and be carefull.

--------------------

OfflineGrib_iz_Pitera
<CrimsonPants>
Male User Gallery

Loc: NW Russia
    #4649988 - 09/12/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I heard this from a trusted man who ate two A.Muscsaria caps (about 8 cm in diameter as he said) straight in forest. Stomach problems began very quickly, but it wasn't the main danger. He had a short term loss of sight and hearing simultaneously! It was just for a few minutes.
Nevertheless a great reason for panic because he was returning home in overcrowded subway train at that moment.. So be careful with those beautiful cups and do it at home.

--------------------
-Hey, what are doing here in the forest?!
-I'm..I'm just picking mushrooms..
-Look, he's  j u s t  picking mushrooms! Is that you who planted them?!

OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
Re: Amanita Muscaria weather conditions [Re: Grib_iz_Pitera]
    #4653865 - 09/13/05 02:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ya.....I've never talked to anyone who has found the effect pleasant. Even the taste is bad.
Because of the sleep they can induce, it always a good idea to have a friends around to keep you out of trouble.

--------------------
FungusFun.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale