Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Jewelry Appraisal
    #4573896 - 08/24/05 03:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How does it work? Does it cost money? Does cleaning cost money? I have looked for information but am inept in most ordinary things. 5 shrooms for some information.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Jewelry Appraisal [Re: Signo]
    #4573898 - 08/24/05 03:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i know you should call around to dealers and find a reccomended appraiser..there are plenty of sheisters who will give you a LOW estimate and offer to buy it from u.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #4573919 - 08/24/05 04:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

everything costs money.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#4573951 - 08/24/05 05:22 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

for cleaning...i've seen that in the US if you go to any jewelry store, majority of them clean it for you for free in their ultrasonic cleaners. just be nice to them and they will do it...

as for appraisal...does your jewelry have any certificates? i don't know what kind of jewelry you want to get appraised...but say for example if you have diamonds, does it have GIS certs to go along with it? otherwise, jewelry stores also give appraisals...i'm not sure for how much though.

if you have home insurance, it's good to check with those covering you to see if they also offer jewelry appraisals (our home insurance covers my jewelry...not sure if it's the same there)

good luck

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Jewelry Appraisal [Re: boO]
    #4573981 - 08/24/05 06:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

As someone said previously; in the case of diamonds there are partiuclar institutions which grade diamonds. Supposedly the process works by having three independent individuals (all whom are "Certified" by said institution) independently grade a diamond. To have a diamond "certified" costs about $100, although it probably depends on the size etc. It seems the process would be similar with other gems and stoned but I'm not sure.

As far as precious metals are concerned (gold silver, etc.) Carat and weight obviously play a role but I've never really understood why I can buy a 14kt. gold chain in one of those booths in the mall for a couple hundred and then spend twice as much at the jewelry store next to it.

You could probably get a "ballpark" figure of how much your jewelry is worth by taking it to a second hand jewler. There are tons of ghetto jewlers around my area. Just go and pretend you're interested in selling. Keep in mind however that the jeweler will immediately double the price he paid you and sell it the moment you walk out the door.

If you need it, have a professional jeweler appraise it. Someone mentioned homeowners insurance but the couple friends I've talked to who have their fiance's rings insured say the company asks for a receipt and insures for what you paid for it. This seems to make sense to me, because appraisels are subjective, and buying jewlery is like buying a car. My buddy found a ring for his gf; he loves and says: "how much?", the tag says 8,000; to which he immediately replies: "Way too much" and gets up and heads for the door. He makes it about two feet before the sales lady says: "Well I called my manager and we can give it to you for 6K". If you're buying or selling, I'd be prepared to haggle. Good Luck.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineJamesCraig
Stranger
    #19934737 - 05/03/14 02:44 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

You should check out any local dealer for your jewelry appraisal and it costs money buddy nothings free in this cruel world

Edited by JamesCraig (05/03/14 02:53 AM)

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: Jewelry Appraisal [Re: JamesCraig]
    #19934893 - 05/03/14 04:29 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

A bump after 8+ years?

:oldthread: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Invisibletrippinballs420
Samall Johnson
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
Re: Jewelry Appraisal [Re: vinsue]
    #19935071 - 05/03/14 06:34 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

--------------------
ModestMouse said:
"Much love for all of the regs here that's all I got to say
:goodnight: "

:heart:

InvisiblePeachette
Wayward Princess
Female User Gallery

Loc: Secret Dungeon Level Flag
Re: Jewelry Appraisal [Re: trippinballs420]
    #19937495 - 05/03/14 07:55 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Jewelers are doing very well these days.

I just came across a lot of gold, silver and diamond jewelry even some valuable costume jewelry.

Appraisals can cost up to 60 dollars. My ten pieces broke down to 60 40 then 20 for the rest. I keep a carbon copy with other carbon copies of tax stuff and stocks or metals. Originals are in a safety deposit box along with metals and other such things that shouldn't belong in the house.

If someone can grab something the size of a large battery and get me for well over ten grand then they better have a hole in their chest right after but still.

There's still the jewelry I keep out and wear and it would be really heartbreaking to lose my engagement ring. It has a beautiful story to it as does the rest of the earrings or necklaces or others I wear for special occasions.  That's the priceless stuff that hurts when it's gone,  not the price tag the insurance company will give you anyway in deflated useless US currency.

Edited by Peachette (05/03/14 07:57 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale