Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekremit
n00b
Male

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
How many people have stopped drinking alcohol in favor of mushrooms?
    #4571225 - 08/23/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I never drank at all in high school, and I only drank alcohol on maybe 10 occasions while in my first year of college (I'm 18 now and about to start my 2nd year). Back in July, a friend of mine turned me onto psychedelic mushrooms and I found the hunting/growing process to be pretty interesting. After I tried them, I realized that I found alcohol to be pretty unappealing compared to the gifts of the mushroom. I'm just curious whether anyone else here has completely stopping using alcohol in favor of a good mushroom trip.
I also realize that mushrooms aren't always good to use while in a large social setting, and small amounts of alcohol can be beneficial, so this is more of a theoretical question.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Canada
Re: How many people have stopped drinking alcohol in favor of mushrooms? [Re: kremit]
    #4571238 - 08/23/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I traded in booze for weed, mushrooms are just icing on the cake. :smile:

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
Re: How many people have stopped drinking alcohol in favor of mushrooms? [Re: bumper]
    #4571254 - 08/23/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Weed, and Psychadelics > Alcohol

They are better in both effect, and health.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: How many people have stopped drinking alcohol in favor of mushrooms? [Re: bumper]
    #4571256 - 08/23/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah but drinking is in a class all by itself. If someone has a drinking problem, then it would be a good idea to substitute something for sure.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: How many people have stopped drinking alcohol in favor of mushrooms? [Re: kremit]
    #4571261 - 08/23/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

my phase of using alcohol to get fucked lasted about 6 months when i was like 17, and then i realised it was retarded and stopped drinking heavily. however, i still like a beer or two when i'm hanging out with people, especially if i don't know them that well. i started using psychedelics when i was 17, but that's just coincidence. even without the acid i would have stopped drinking heavily.

to be honest, its my use of other drugs that has decreased since i properly got into psychedelics. my cannabis, amphetamines, and ecstacy use has all come pretty much to a stop over the last few years; i see no point in it anymore.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
    #4571263 - 08/23/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How many people have stopped watching TV in favor of reading books?

Both are used to entertain or convey information, but they're used in different ways. You can gain a lot more from a good book than from most of the stuff on TV these days. Reading a book forces your imagination to run free and create its own world; watching TV is easy and good for just vegging out and relaxing after a hard day's work.

Most people these days don't read much - the masses are totally satisfied by whatever's on the tube. Conversely, there are those that spend all of their time reading and think that TV is a stupid box that has no benefits. Then there are a lot of people that use each for their own specific purposes; TV as an easy way to chill out and have fun, and books when they're feeling more thoughtful and don't mind working at it a bit for a more enveloping experience.

Extended metaphors are fun!  :cool:

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
    #4571296 - 08/23/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bumper said:
I traded in booze for weed, mushrooms are just icing on the cake. :smile:

same  :stoned:

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: How many people have stopped drinking alcohol in favor of mushrooms? [Re: GulGen]
    #4571336 - 08/23/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't stopped drinking entirely, but I do drink much less since I started using mushrooms.  I still do like to go to the pub with friends, family, etc. and I will still drink there.

Quote:

GulGen said:
How many people have stopped watching TV in favor of reading books?

I never watched TV in the first place.  I've never owned a TV, and I don't think I ever will.  I do download movies and some TV series (Futurama, Simpsons, etc.) to watch on my computer occasionally though. :smile:

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: How many people have stopped drinking alcohol in favor of mushrooms? [Re: TurricaN]
    #4571491 - 08/23/05 03:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i will never stop drinking liqour throughout my whole life;)

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck