Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesoma_victim
Random

Loc: Lost
LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!)
    #4569432 - 08/23/05 03:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, I just thought I would post a quick trip report on my first experience with LSA, in the hopes it will help someone to not make the same mistake I did. If you don't feel like reading it all, but are considering eating HBW seeds for the first time, I recommend you read PART 3 of this report to see what could go wrong.

PART 1 - BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

For a bit of background, I am a 19 year old male, I have had quite a lot of experience with alcohol and marijuana and a very small amount of experience with Ecstasy (3 times), Mushrooms (once), Adderall (once) and Salvia (once). A few friends had tried these Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds and everyone said they were great fun.

I know some guys who took 15+ because they thought it was having no effect and ended up going to the Emergency Room. So based on that, numerous people's advice, and after a quick glance around on Erowid I decided the risks were minimal and worth it, and I decided to take 5 seeds for my first time.

There was about 7 of us hanging out tripping on my balcony, five of us had taken 5 seeds each, and two had taken 3 each. Of these 7 people, only 2 had tried them before. There were another few of our friends coming and going who settled with just beer, weed and trippy conversation.

We were told the husks contained cyanide so it was important to scrape them clean with a knife and rinse them in water. It took us about 15 minutes to do, and we got bored quickly so as soon as we thought we were done, we rinsed them, chewed them up and washed them down.

PART 2 - THE GOOD STUFF:

At about T+1:00 I started to feel a bit nauseous, and was advised to smoke a small amount of weed, which I did and soon felt better. Games of cards became more difficult as people became confused, tired and sick of all the "effort", so we ditched that and decided to paint a mural. We taped up a whole bunch of white paper on the wall, and everyone just went crazy signing their names and drawing pictures all over it.

This must have been at about T+2:00, but I am not sure because around here I lose all sense of time. I cant remember any hallucinations at this point, but I became absolutely lost in the drawing. I am no artist, and in fact everyone's work was a bit amateurish, but it was so intensely enjoyable no one really cared. We started talking and drawing parallels between each person's influence on the drawing, and their presence in the conversations, which was also highly entertaining.

Anyway, throughout the night although I would say I was tripping pretty lightly (not sure, my only mushroom experience I would say I barely tripped at all, so I have nothing to compare to) and was totally capable of acting fairly sensible. At T+4:00 I dare say I could have still driven a car or talked to my parents. It would have been bloody hard, but I have been far more messed up off of just alcohol. I can't describe the feelings exactly, but it was something like being energetically, happily stoned. Lots of fun!

PART 3 - THE BAD STUFF:

So at about T+6:00 (or 3:30 in the morning), we finished up the last of the weed and everyone left for their respective homes. After cleaning up a little and going into my room, I settled down in front of my computer and looked for something to do. Perhaps only 5 minutes later, I started hearing that intensely loud ringing noise in my ears that you get sometimes late at night when it is really quiet. I figured I just needed to hear some music, so I throw on "Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here", which just made everything worse. I changed the volume on the speakers, but it all sounded so deafeningly loud that it HURT, regardless of whether it was barely on, or whether it actually was really loud.

I got up and staggered into the bathroom to wash my face but every tiny sound seemed to be pounding my head with wave after wave of agony. People talking down the hall seemed like they were screaming in my face, I could barely think. Everyone who had taken the seeds had already gone to bed, so the only person I had to talk to was a really drunk friend who could barely even stand up let alone form coherent sentences (and therefore was totally incapable of helping to calm me down). I went back into my room and started switching off everything that made sound, stripped down and got into bed. This is when I started tripping pretty hard. In my dark room, there was a small spot of light on the wall, and my digital clock readout. In my world that was ALL that there was. I didn?t exist, nothing else existed, just this stupid red digital clock readout and a speck of blue light on my wall.

Things started getting really weird so I switched back on the light. Another bad idea. I would look around, and my room would be full of people, all looking at me, then I would blink and they would all be gone. Then I would be convinced they were still there but I couldn?t see them. The pain in my head was starting to lessen, but then I felt really sick and REALLY cold. I would sit in front of my heater, wrapped in my blanket, thinking happy thoughts and reassuring myself that I would have had to eat a lot more to warrant a trip to the emergency room. But I kept getting colder and colder, sicker and sicker and the hallucinations and pain in my head just kept going.

This is when I realised I was going to die. A lot of people tell you not to think like this when you are tripping, but it all started to make sense. The warnings on the net that say they can poison you, the fact that I was getting colder and colder from the inside and all I could think about is at least the pain in my head was slowing. I knew throwing up wouldn?t help (and figured at over 6 hours after ingestion all I could do at the hospital is hope and pray, the same as here) but I couldn?t help it anyway, crawled into the bathroom and emptied my stomach. Since I was so convinced I was going to die, I got a piece of paper and started furiously scribbling my apologies and goodbyes, while slumped over on the toilet, my head a spinning mess.

This might sound stupid to someone who has never felt it before, but if you honestly think you are going to die, no matter how irrational the fear is, if you honestly believe it, it is a truly depressing thought. The next hour or two were a deep introspective nightmare, battles between my rational thoughts and my screaming desire to go check myself into the hospital before I was found dead in a bathroom stall. At some point I must have managed to get back into bed and black out.

PART 4 - RECOVERY:

I woke after a few hours sleep still feeling like I was a little drunk. I felt a little "scattered" too, like after a night on ecstasy. I smoked weed that night and got a tiny bit of the good and bad feelings back, but mainly just had an uncomfortable, muddled feeling high. The day after that (today), I am feeling fine and back to normal, thank god.

A friend who has had lots of experience with mushrooms and acid, but only had 3 seeds, said he had a very similar bad experience to mine at the end of the night, but instead of being in physical pain, he thought he was going insane. He said he has had bad trips on both shrooms and acid, but none have ever come even close to what he felt at the end of the night.

PART 5 - MY OPINION:

Overall, I had a really good night, then about 2 hours of absolute hell, which for me just isn't worth it. The "high" feels like the warm body rushes you get while smoking weed on E, and it definitely felt like it was coming in waves. Interesting thinking and conversations, generally pretty impressive stuff, but I never EVER want to feel the way I did when I thought I was going to die and all that I would have to show for it was a toilet bowl full of vomit and a hastily scrawled apology to my family.

If you are willing to risk it, I suggest you make sure you scrape the seeds perfectly, and start with a small dose on your first time, then risk something a bit stronger if you like it. It hasn't put me off shrooms though, and I am very interested in trying them again (tomorrow actually, if I can get my hands on some).

Do your research and make sure you know exactly what you are putting in your body. Happy Tripping~!

Clam  :tongue2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: soma_victim]
    #4570442 - 08/23/05 11:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

where did you get the seeds from? If they are "organic" from a vendor you shouldn't have to scrape the husks off.

The only pain I got [on a very low dose though :frown: ] was intense leg cramps, which I later realized were not caused by the drug, just amplified because I have tons of muscle knots everywhere...

it's also my experience that weed + LSA = I'M GOING TO DIE and everything you've read, heard, and thought about, and listened to over the past few weeks comes together to paint an irresistable conspiracy of impending doom.

lsa - weed = good. (as far as I can tell)

plus you say that it only lasted 2 hours of bad tripping, which makes me suspect the weed, because for me my trips went to hell for about 3 hours the first two times i tripped because i made the mistake of actually getting stoned.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/23/05 11:14 AM)

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: leery11]
    #4570485 - 08/23/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm... being a strong psychonaut it sounds like set and setting had a lot to do with it. I would recommend always cleaning your seeds because it makes a big difference. I've had home grown and store bought and it doesn't make a difference if its organic or not.

I take things to the extreme but I know my drug first. LSA is hard to OD on... you can take a lot and have very bad side effects without dying. Your arms and legs may turn blue and that's a sign of you're borderline OD if you haven't already. But you're talking doses of 20-50 seeds or so. I've eaten up to 20 several times with no nausea, however they were of an older supply and slightly weaker. LSA will cause you to become cold as it constricts your blood flow a bit.

--------------------
"... Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: popnganja420]
    #4570907 - 08/23/05 01:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I tried morning glories once, but never again. I am thinking the HBWR experience is somewhat similar. Projectile vomiting all throughout the night caused a definite bad trip. NEVER AGAIN!!!

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4571018 - 08/23/05 01:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No... HBWR is better... think about it. You ate hundreds of seeds producing nausea and diarhea. With HBWR its a max of 8 seeds, the nausea is much easier to deal with and its much easier on your stomach because the seed matter isn't so much. If you liked the trip other than the vomiting, try HBWR but do your homework to combat the nausea. Most hallucinogenic substances DO cause nausea and it should be expected before you ever even take them.

--------------------

InvisibleJasonV
Stranger

Loc: In Learyfan's gimp chest
    #4571807 - 08/23/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You cannot take more than 10 seeds at once and not expect a bad trip.

--------------------

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: JasonV]
    #4571965 - 08/23/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know about bad, I'd say more uncomfortable. I've done 11-15 and that's max. I don't like the muscle aches but I love the intensity and duration. Because of the aches I stick with 8-9.

--------------------

OfflineSpanielmander
Stranger thanfiction
 User Gallery
Loc: PA/NYC
    #4572074 - 08/23/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Where the hell would you get baby woodrose seeds?

--------------------
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
~Stephen Crane

Offlinesoma_victim
Random

Loc: Lost
Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: JasonV]
    #4572492 - 08/23/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

if you live in the states you can get them from like any garden store I think. plenty of internet sites have them for sale too, you just need a credit card.

They are semi-legal over here in Australia, but someone obviously still managed to order a big bunch of them over the internet.

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: soma_victim] * 1
    #4572659 - 08/23/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

In the states they are legal, however most garden stores only carry Hawaiian Woodrose which is non-active. Morning Glories however are a dime a dozen everywhere and are often treated. Be careful with internet sites as there are a lot of bunk seeds going around, always ask for a free sample and if they are too stuck up to give you one then they've had a lot of complaints.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4572668 - 08/23/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

popnganja420 said:
I don't know about bad, I'd say more uncomfortable. I've done 11-15 and that's max. I don't like the muscle aches but I love the intensity and duration. Because of the aches I stick with 8-9.

so you get the aches too? Do you think these things might be dangerous, and do you scrape the shells off? I want to do them again (though i'd have to figure out how to fit it in with school) but I am planning on doing a higher dose and don't want muscle cramps to be worse.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: leery11]
    #4573293 - 08/23/05 11:16 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

My take on the aches is it differs from person to person... one might get them at 5 while I get them at 11-15. Ok... as for dangerous... technically yes. The plant parts contain a poison, I believe I got that from Erowid... but the seeds don't. It's just the husk of the seed which is very upsetting to the stomach. In high doses I'd imagine that the husk could be dangerous... but it contains no poisons. It would be dangerous because it'll cause you to puke a lot and become dehydrated, etc.

The trick with weed is to lightly toke during the come up, just enough to catch a buzz and relieve nausea and maintain that level. Weed also helps relax me a bit during super intense parts, makes it more intense but more relaxed if that makes sense.

--------------------

Offlinethebosko
Stranger

#10739116 - 07/25/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You must not know how to trip then my man

Offlinethebosko
Stranger

#10739136 - 07/25/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like you should stick to shroomin

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: thebosko]
    #10739257 - 07/25/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

He hasnt been online in over 2 years. Also with lsa, the bad parts often have little to do with tripping and more to do with being sick and sedated.

--------------------

InvisibleMUSH HEAD420
Kush Commander
Male User Gallery

Re: LSA: bad trip on Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (be careful!) [Re: Moo456]
    #10748050 - 07/27/09 08:21 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm seems to me like HBWR tripping all depends on the user and his tollerance to mental trips .... I ate HBWR on about 6 occasions and 1 time it was realy bad and I though I was gonna die ... but I tried them again by just chewing them up and rinsing them down like a cave man and they worked well ... other than dehidration and pissing like a race hoarse.  My over all oppinion is that it is a strong entheogen and not to be taken litely .... as for the ringing in the ears that this guy had ... I got that for about 1 min at 10 seeds ... and it seemed to me that it was all in my head.... by the way the best place to get good strong predictable HBWR is http://shamansgarden.com ; .... and make sure you get the hawiian strain all others are not active

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies