Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejosenrique
Stranger
about shroom storing (tea)
    #456360 - 11/12/01 07:00 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

ok, what i need to know is for how long i can store a bottle of shroom tea in room temperature?
the tea was made with.. hand picked fresh cubensis, mixed in with iced tea, agent lemon and honey. I threw it all in the blender for some time and there is no shroom residue. its really liquified and tasty. that was 2 days ago.

I have another bag of fresh shrooms and i was thinking if i could throw the tea again in the blender and add the other shrooms so i would have a really damn strong tea and store it for 4-5 days at room temperature.. what do you people think? reccomendations? anything would help.. i just dont want to throw away the shrooms i picked today by mixing them in a tea that will be no good for friday.. it would be better to dry my new shrooms? and throw away the 2 day old tea? i cant use the refrigerator so that's not an option..
thnx!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: about shroom storing (tea) [Re: josenrique]
    #456424 - 11/12/01 07:52 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

There is a lot of bacteria in the tea if it sat at room temperature for 2 days. If you do use the old tea I would definitly bring it to a boil to kill the critters......

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Anonymous

#456941 - 11/13/01 12:11 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I was under the assumption that shroom tea had to imbibed immediatly, as in the same day- And as for fresh shrooms, you should dry them as soon as they are picked, or eat them immediantly, the last thing you want to do is 'age' your shoorms, I have no hard evidence, but Ive read time and time agin, it can be dangerous to eat rotten mushrooms- And if you left tea unrefidgerated for 2 days, well, there is going to be some rot in there- My opinion is to dump your tea, and dry your shrooms post haste- Or, if not, drink it and write trip report, id be interested in seeing how it went
Be safe

Ood

Offlinejosenrique
Stranger
    #457133 - 11/13/01 03:53 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

well, thanks for the replies :)
im waiting for an email reply by someone who i think can be of great help with my tea dilema. i also thought it will probably rot by a couple of days, but i dont find any information that will asure this (in this especific case), so im saving the tea and i will post any information i get. its not that i dont want to throw away an infected old rotten tea, i just want to make sure that it is rotten and infected when i throw it away ;) thnx

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract