Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemaxo
Stranger
anyone ever built an incubation chamber?
    #456235 - 11/12/01 05:04 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I am planning to embark on a new try to bring Pan. Tropicalis to life and would appreciate some suggestions on gear that will be essential for handling the transfer of the rye to the dung. Anyone out there have any idea how a 'glove box' is set up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: anyone ever built an incubation chamber? [Re: maxo]
    #456261 - 11/12/01 05:40 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

After reading your post I am confused on what it is you would like help with. An incubation chamber can be built by this method. I personally have a very similar incubation chamber and it works great.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlineanima
dusty shelf
 User Gallery

Loc: WAY out there.
Re: anyone ever built an incubation chamber? [Re: maxo]
    #456343 - 11/12/01 06:48 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Why not just put the dung/compost in your jars along with your grain? you would save yourself a transfer.
As for your incubation chamber, its not hard, you can go with the old jug of water and an aquairium heater. Personally, I have had bad experiences with those heaters. I reccommend that you go to ebay and pick up a thermostat that you can plug into the wall, that has another plug-hole you can plug a heating pad into. Just slip the thermostat into your box, or cooler, or whatever and set it to the desired temp, and put your heating pad around/inside it. Works great!

--------------------
It might be the early bird that gets the worm. But its the second mouse that gets the cheese

OfflineElmore
journeyman
Loc: Northeast
Re: anyone ever built an incubation chamber? [Re: anima]
    #457939 - 11/14/01 10:00 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ummmm....when my cat's friend's owner started myco operations, she already had an incubator used for the incubation of chameleon eggs....

You buy a cheap "wafer thermostat" (see: http://www.dblrsupply.com/store/misc/incubatorparts.html)

and wire it to wall receptacle with a plug cord available in any hardware/lighting store and then to a section of pipe heater tape, more typically used to prevent pipes from freezing, also available at hardware stores. Used in conjuction with a thermometer (the kind found in pet stores for reptiles is best) with the wafer thermostat mounted on the inside of the lid and the heating tape mounted around the walls a standard plastic cooler and the plug cord running through the top of the cooler, you can "trial & error" your way to 80 to 100 degrees.

Projected cost:

Cooler (new): $20
Wafer Thermostat (delivered): $15
Plug Cord Set: $8
Pipe Heater Tape: $15
Thermometer (ex. pet store): $10

I could probably put 'em together for $70...wanna buy one for a $100 + delivery cost?

Elmore

--------------------
Intraskuller Avianaut Extrordinaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies