Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineimNeeto
Stranger
desperately need help identifying
    #4557526 - 08/20/05 12:54 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i went on a hunt just the other day and i came upon a rotting dead tree that had fallen over in the forest. and on this log were many little mushrooms growing out of the wood and moss. this was in a park forest in Ohio.
*Gills:not attached, white when fresh and purple with age
*stem: white,about the size of a nickle, and hollow
*cap: size of a dime at biggest, /conical, concave, white with brownish nipple/blue with age, fleshy when wet
*spore print: well when was washing the mushrooms off in water the water was purple when collected in a glass
*bruise color:doesn't really bruise blue but it turns blue with aging
*scent: nothing of a strange scent

ps. i also fed some to my peacock a the other night and he seems as healthy as a mule

Edited by imNeeto (08/20/05 01:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineavionando
Fungoid

Loc: The wonderful Pacific Nor...
Re: desperately need help identifying [Re: imNeeto]
    #4557850 - 08/20/05 03:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Can you get any photo's?

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: desperately need help identifying [Re: avionando]
    #4557882 - 08/20/05 04:12 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Post a pic. Was your peacock tripping? If I was him, I'd just sit and stair at my tailfeathers for hours on end.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: desperately need help identifying [Re: imNeeto]
    #4558343 - 08/20/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

imNeeto said:
*spore print: well when was washing the mushrooms off in water the water was purple when collected in a glass

that is not a spore print and means nothing.

Quote:

imNeeto said:
ps. i also fed some to my peacock a the other night and he seems as healthy as a mule

:nonono:

get pics, you bringing up blue bruising and purple spores when the habitat and season are wrong for any active species makes me doubt the validity of your observations. we need objective info for ID's, be sure you're not just seeing what you want to see because you read psilocybes have purple spores and bruise blue.  odds are your mushrooms are not psilocybes or any other active species, given your location and the habitat/season.

and for fucks sake, DON'T EVER EAT WILD MUSHROOMS IF YOU DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE!!  come on dude, you have to know better than that, poisoning is no joke...

DH

Offlinejobot37
Edible hunter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oregon, Willamette Valley
Re: desperately need help identifying [Re: spores]
    #4558671 - 08/20/05 11:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ive never met anyone with a pet peacock, thats actually kind of cool, and for decent ID you need spore print and photos

OfflineRamuh
Finder of thesubbs

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: desperately need help identifying [Re: jobot37]
    #4558715 - 08/20/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The habitat you listed rules out Subbs pretty much (not that it sounds like them).

I would highly doubt that it is a Psilocybe Caerulipes. I'm gonna guess that it isn't active. If you went to the one on the north side of town, I may have seen what you are talking about before...but then again I may be making a completely wrong mental image. A picture would be helpful here, although Im gonna say I really doubt it is active.

And man, a peacock? Why would you risk something as cool as a peacock...why not like, a rat...orr, heck even a dog over a peacock.

Or nothing would be cool too :P, but thats my opinion.

--------------------
Radio is down for a day or two to transfer all my music, and do some other work.

"Light, coming from my mind. We are one, the night has just begun"

OfflineimNeeto
Stranger
Re: desperately need help identifying [Re: Ramuh]
    #4576644 - 08/24/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yea i threw those out after some research, but my peacock is fine. also i lost my damn digital camera so thats why i didn't post a picture

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: desperately need help identifying [Re: Ramuh]
    #4583042 - 08/26/05 02:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ramuh said:
The habitat you listed rules out Subbs pretty much (not that it sounds like them).

I would highly doubt that it is a Psilocybe Caerulipes. I'm gonna guess that it isn't active. If you went to the one on the north side of town, I may have seen what you are talking about before...but then again I may be making a completely wrong mental image. A picture would be helpful here, although Im gonna say I really doubt it is active.

And man, a peacock? Why would you risk something as cool as a peacock...why not like, a rat...orr, heck even a dog over a peacock.

Or nothing would be cool too :P, but thats my opinion.

That isn't very good advice..No animal,of any sort,should be fed a mushroom that hasn't been properly identified to be a non poisonous mushroom.Weather it be a peacock,rat,some nasty opossum you see wandering around your yard or the retarded neighbors barking dog that you despise.If I ever heard of someone doing this around my area,someone of proper authority would be notified of the animal cruelty that was taking place..Animals are not test subjects,please don't feed them anything you wouldn't eat yourself.

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck