Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa
    #4549880 - 08/18/05 12:45 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I see all these countries in debt, especially the US which is the richist country, but also has the biggest debt. so I think to myself, well there was that big concert that they had all over the world saying to abolish the debt in africa. but if every countriy is in debt, then what good is it?

money is fake?!?!?!?!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: kaiowas]
    #4549923 - 08/18/05 12:57 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_government_debt

Percentage wise the US isn't doing horrible.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4550024 - 08/18/05 01:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Africa is a shithole and a warzone. They are continuously experiencing war, famine, unrest, disease, and every other bad thing under the sun. They can't get their shit together. And we usually run to bail them out when something bad happens. This breeds dependency.

I say no more aid to corrupt African governments. As you said, our debt is big enough as it is and maybe we should focus on paying it down instead of giving stuff away to perpetually needy people.

Offlineblackkrishna
Stranger

Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: Ravus]
    #4550051 - 08/18/05 01:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

there's a flick called "Life and Debt" that explains how screwed the 3rd world was after colonialism, basically their debts are the same result of anyone else's: bad loans.

the West hid their racism through the IMF and World Bank, charging insanely interest rates and forcing countries to take new loans at higher rates to pay the interest the old ones. and purchase questionable Western stock in exchange for the loans, including some 20-yr old rotting chicken sent by boat to Jamaica.

(sigh)

great reggae soundtrack though.

here's the link:

http://www.lifeanddebt.org/

peace,
BK

Black Krishna Brand

Philosophy - blackkrishna.blogspot.com/

Music - www.soundclick.com/bands/0/blackkrishna.htm

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: blackkrishna]
    #4550098 - 08/18/05 01:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The IMF and World Bank should be re-structured or absolved entirely. But it works well for the governments in nearly every country.

Edited by bukkake (08/18/05 05:48 AM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4550752 - 08/18/05 07:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It shouldn't surprise you that every country is in debt. Fiat currency itself is based on debt.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: bukkake]
    #4551699 - 08/18/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
The IMF and World Bank should be re-structured or absolved entirely.

Yep.

Quote:

But it works well for the governments in nearly every country.

Yes, for the governments. But the people out of government aren't faring too well.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4551733 - 08/18/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The world is in debt to private corporations (banks).  The banks are calling the shots and unless a majority of congress grows some balls and puts his life on the line to change it then we'll always be in debt.  Julius Caeser was praised for making money plentiful to the people by providing a currency of the people.  This is also one of the reasons that he was assassinated. 

wait wait wait here it goes... I'm puttin it on...  :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4552625 - 08/18/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Africa is a shithole and a warzone. They are continuously experiencing war, famine, unrest, disease, and every other bad thing under the sun. They can't get their shit together. And we usually run to bail them out when something bad happens. This breeds dependency.

I say no more aid to corrupt African governments. As you said, our debt is big enough as it is and maybe we should focus on paying it down instead of giving stuff away to perpetually needy people.

I agree, Africa was in much better hands during Cecil Rhodes' day.

For the past 300 years africa's resources have been exploited by the world. Colonization (imposed occupation, rather) really fucked up more than a few countries and helped spwan these tyranical governments. not to mention drawing political boundries around dozens of different tribes for the sake of nation building. and america is wondering how Iraq will work together as one country with just three different ethic/religious groups (sunis shiites and kurds)

i wonder if we give more aid in money and food to Liberia, or to N Korea.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Edited by MrBump (08/18/05 05:54 PM)

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: MrBump]
    #4553486 - 08/18/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

because the money actually being there isnt whats important, whats important is that money is moving through all the countries, as long as it looks like were getin money or payin debt off it raises public opinion and the 'economy' so people actually go out and spend more and actually then make it better

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4554023 - 08/18/05 11:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prosgeopax said:
Quote:

bukkake said:

Yep.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how they should be restructured. Or were you just saying 'yep' to them being absolved?

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4554408 - 08/19/05 01:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

We have done far more to create the problems in Africa than we have done to help resolve them.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: GazzBut]
    #4554575 - 08/19/05 05:29 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
We have done far more to create the problems in Africa than we have done to help resolve them.

Just like in the Middle East, I have no doubt that the West has had its hands in things and has caused some problems in certain areas. But, I don't see how the West is creating the droughts or the ethnic and religious tensions that result in violence in Africa.

I support American disengagement and isolation from the rest of the world.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: Tao]
    #4554825 - 08/19/05 09:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tao said:
Quote:

Prosgeopax said:
Quote:

bukkake said:

Yep.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how they should be restructured. Or were you just saying 'yep' to them being absolved?

Well, I can't speak for Prosgeopax, but I think those organizations are in a position to do a lot of good, but they unfortunately don't know how. They currently try to restructure countries by bringing free market reforms and retreating from public services. They think that the taxes required for public services would burden the economy and slow progress. This is true of traditional modes of taxation, but not so for land value taxation. Once they realize realize the benefits of this, they can better assist the countries that turn to them for help.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: what country isn't in debt? how does this help africa [Re: Tao]
    #4554826 - 08/19/05 09:18 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tao said:
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how they should be restructured.

There should be no underwriting of these organizations with taxpayer monies, if they make bad loans, "too bad, so sad" for the lenders. I think a true free market is in order, not a government sponsored program to help out international bankers in propping up shitty governments and urging them to give corporations the keys to their kingdoms under the guise of 'economic reforms.'

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order