Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeremy_Davis
Mycelial NetworkAdministrator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Steam Distilling medicinal essential oils?
    #4536007 - 08/14/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Don't know if this is the right forum, but here goes. I'm wondering if one could steam distill an essential oil of a mushroom. For example; in reishi mushrooms there are a lot of target compounds that one may be interested in. Polysaccarides, triterpenoids, nucleotides, glycoproteins, etc. Most extractions are either;
1. Hot water extraction
2. Cold water extraction
3. Alcohol extraction
and any combination thereof. (I know I'm missing some.)
Usually the combinations of these methods contain the most bioactive materials, so one has to go through several extraction processes (still no problem when considering many of these mushrooms are known to aid in the fight against cancer - successfully, and well documented).

Steam distillation of herbs, root barks, flowers, etc. gives us many wonderful pure essential oils. Anyone know if this can be done? Tried it? One day I will, so I'll keep ya'll posted.
Light and Love,
Jeremy Davis

--------------------
Jeremy Davis
Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, Inc.
Check out the ECHO mushroom blog page to see our lab, growing facility, and more-www.echotech.org/greta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: Steam Distilling medicinal essential oils? [Re: Jeremy_Davis]
    #4536066 - 08/14/05 10:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:shrug:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

OfflineLogin444
Stranger
Re: Steam Distilling medicinal essential oils? [Re: Jeremy_Davis]
    #26795261 - 06/30/20 06:54 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Bro...I just want to let you know you were ahead of the game with this question!
This was posted 14 years ago you probably got kids trippin on shrooms now lol.
Seriously tho, I came across this thread because I have the very same question. It seems after 14 yrs there is still relatively no information online as to whether it is possible.
I think it is very much possible! I plan on experimenting to find out. I own a steam distillation apparatus with the capability to distill a decent amount of plant matter.
Based on the information that I can find it seems that psilocybin is very water soluble and I see no reason why thru a process of distillation I would not be able to extract the psilocybin like I would collect hydrosol.

All I need is shrooms for this experiment. Which I dont have...gimme like 3 months lol...imma be back promise and imma let y'all know whether it worked or not.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag