Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe_buried
non-believer
 User Gallery

Loc: FL.
update on my first grow
    #4531075 - 08/13/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

for those who helped me out with my stupid newbie questions. i again thank you. shroomery.org is an absolutely wonderful site when it comes for information on mycology.

so far, so good. out of 6 inoculated jars (B+ strain) all 6 of them have done tremendously well. about three days ago, i saw a speck of green mold about the size of a dime in jar 1. i figured that if i get the mold out, i could stop the spread of it. luckily, the mold was towards the lid of the jar (i'm using pint wide mouths) i sterilized a spoon and dug it outta there. i've been keeping an eagle's eye on it and out of all 6 jars, its growing the best so far. i've had them growing for 7 days as of today and 4 out of 6 are at least 70% covered in myc. i'm still having trouble with 2 of em' though. the hardest part is waiting. i'm hanging in there, but its tough.

after i've grown my b+ strain and have made spore syringes out of them, what other strains are good to grow? i was thinking about cambodia and pesa.

again, a thank you goes out to the moderators of this forum and to those who responded to my previous posts.
the_buried

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJabberw0cky
Misanthropist

Loc: Colorado - The asshole of...
Re: update on my first grow [Re: the_buried]
    #4531219 - 08/13/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would suggest Golden Teacher as maybe being your next strain to grow.
about the mold in the first jar. I would be extremely careful with that jar, as contamination is very hard to get rid of and is rapid in spreading. So just be careful, and if you see any more green tinge... Just throw it out. It's not worth the risk.

--------------------
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.
Once upon a looking glass...

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: update on my first grow [Re: Jabberw0cky]
    #4531229 - 08/13/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the green only appears during sporulation, there could be many many more spots that just haven't reached that point yet. chances are you will see it again in that jar. hopefully not though.
haven't yet to try the cambo or pesa but i imagine whatever strain you go with will be good. i myself have a preference for the thai strains.

good luck
peace

Offlinethe_buried
non-believer
 User Gallery

Loc: FL.
Re: update on my first grow [Re: backupwards]
    #4533176 - 08/14/05 08:27 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, i don't really know what i am going to try next, but golden teacher and pesa sound really tempting. i woke up this morning to discover that one of my jars has what i think the cobweb. i'm pretty sure that thats what it is. i'm sort of dissapointed, but hey, theres always room for experimentation. i put a few bags of organic brown rice flour on order at my local health food store. i think i'll try my hand at making my own cakes. i bought a big ol' bag of horticultural grade verm., perlite, and peat moss.

so yeah, i think i'll order some cambo, pesa, and golden teacher and do 4 jars each next time. hopefully, if i get some mushies, i'll do some spore prints and have 4 different strains right there ready to use in my fridge. oh yeah! mycology is cool!!!
the_buried

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale