Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

Increasing/Measuring Potency
    #4527374 - 08/12/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well my good friend and myself just had a great time at 6 flags on about 3 grams of GT but I was quite suprised it took so much because 1.75 has done me fine in the past (of other types...not grown by myself).

I searched but couldn't find any hints on increasing potency except for....

This Triptamine Trick and
This Rootbark Trick

Does anyone know if these work? (The Rootbark is written in a very strange manner) and is it safe to purchase the triptamine chemical anywhere (I hear they watch certain chems)..

I also remember vaguely that Horse Poo is a lot better than my PF method. I am actually trying Cow Poo right now so any info on this would be appreciated.

Also is there anyway to measure the potency of the mushrooms?

Peace - Justin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Increasing/Measuring Potency [Re: Jutboy]
    #4527393 - 08/12/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Horse poo is the best way to increase potency, and it does a fine job at that.  As for measing potency, don't worry about it unless you have access to a bio lab w/ serious equipment, and know someone trained on that equipment.

When I hand out horse poo grown cubes to friends, I advise that they keep in the 2-3 gram range tops, even the experienced trippers.  Reason being that they are typically blazingly potent, and should be taken w/ caution.  Horse poo cubes will rock your world.  :mushroom2: :rocket:

Can't help you on the cow poo, I wouldn't bother using that stuff myself due to the cement texture alone.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Increasing/Measuring Potency [Re: Holydiver]
    #4527554 - 08/12/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

DITTO-----> What DIVER SAID :grin:

--------------------

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Increasing/Measuring Potency [Re: agar]
    #4527815 - 08/12/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Honestly, any type of field manure will give a potency boost to psilocybe's. Horse manure is a great mushroom food indeed. Horse manure has a great texture that is great to work with for growing mushrooms. Cow manure is a bit more flat in texture and really needs some sort of a texture buffer to aerate it some. I guess horses just eat a lot of straw because horse manure is really rich in straw.

The key with manures are the enzymes they contain. These enzymes in turn help the fruit body digest and utilize the proteins and amino acids that the substrate contains. Manures are the best additives for a substrate if you're lookin to go off. There's a big difference in mushrooms grown on rice and a mushroom grown on or with manure.

OfflineJutboy
I guess I'm cool

Re: Increasing/Measuring Potency [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4529502 - 08/13/05 07:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok....I'll see if I can get some horse poo....

anyone ever tried either of those techs I linked too? And how about the safety of getting the chems?

Cheers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder