Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinellopez00
Stranger
Shroom Wizard's Guide
    #4511009 - 08/08/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I hear that the general view on his guide is that it sucks pretty bad but I've also heard some success stories with it. However, none of these rants and raves say anything about his updates such as adding honey, using cow manure, inoculating one jar at a time, sterilizing the soil and manure, etc. If a grower uses his tips and tricks will the grow come out okay? I'm a nOOb but I'm eventually going to be growing bulk with Pan Cyan. The reason I wonder if his guide will be good is that I've already purchased all of the stuff he says to use and I'd hate to have to start over with a different guide and different materials. Thanks,
Luciano

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: Shroom Wizard's Guide [Re: llopez00]
    #4511069 - 08/08/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dont do it man and especially not for Pan Cyan do some more reading about them right here
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23954
shroom wizard casing with honey and all that bullshit

shroomery Casing TEK

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4511182 - 08/08/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

llopez00 said:
I hear that the general view on his guide is that it sucks pretty bad but I've also heard some success stories with it. However, none of these rants and raves say anything about his updates such as adding honey, using cow manure, inoculating one jar at a time, sterilizing the soil and manure, etc. If a grower uses his tips and tricks will the grow come out okay? I'm a nOOb but I'm eventually going to be growing bulk with Pan Cyan. The reason I wonder if his guide will be good is that I've already purchased all of the stuff he says to use and I'd hate to have to start over with a different guide and different materials. Thanks,
Luciano

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: The whole thing sucks...updates or not....it's total crap.  I don't know why you would buy supplies if you heard that it sucks so bad. 

A majority of the people that try it fail, why would you consider being in the majority?

Stick to the teks found here and have success.

Anything people here "rant and rave" about is for good reason.  I've seen a good amount of post like this lately.  Trust everyone who tells you to stay away from it.

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
Re: Shroom Wizard's Guide [Re: mskip23]
    #4511192 - 08/08/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, well I guess I better start all over and do some research. It just sucks that I typed in "shroom grow guide" in a search engine and his guide popped up all over the place. I thought it would be a good one but I guess I should have visited this forum first. Oh well, shit happens and I'm sure that I'll be able to find something useful for a bulk grow here at the shroomery.

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
Re: Shroom Wizard's Guide [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4511206 - 08/08/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

srgtm1a said:
Quote:

llopez00 said:
Luciano

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: The whole thing sucks...updates or not....it's total crap.  I don't know why you would buy supplies if you heard that it sucks so bad. 

A majority of the people that try it fail, why would you consider being in the majority?

Stick to the teks found here and have success.

Anything people here "rant and rave" about is for good reason.  I've seen a good amount of post like this lately.  Trust everyone who tells you to stay away from it.

Well, I bought all the stuff before I found this site. When I found it I joined and started searching to see if people had made the guide even better and I got a disappointing surprise to say the least when I did a couple searches and everyone bashed it. Well, not everyone but most people said it sucked. I saw his comment on yield about 1 pound of dry shrooms per 1 pound of BRF and I thought that was cool. I guess that is bullshit too though. Oh well, I'm not out all that much money.

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4511225 - 08/08/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That's cool...as long as you found this place, you will be fine in the future. Sometimes lessons are learned the hard way. At least you didn't waste spores on his shit tek. being out of a little money is a lot better than wasting a lot of time AND money. GL TO YA!

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
    #4511239 - 08/08/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you can still use the stuff but just add to with the info here

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
    #4511243 - 08/08/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks. BTW, my first grow will be Pan Cyan so I'm apparently going to need a miracle. Oh well, I'll try another strain if I fail. Its just that I've heard so many good things about the effects of Pan Cyan I just had to try it first.

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4511255 - 08/08/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

lol, yeah, cyanes are great mushrooms, but not really one for a first grow. I wish ya luck on that. If you fail at this, go for a cubensis strain.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4511436 - 08/08/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

llopez00 said:
Thanks. BTW, my first grow will be Pan Cyan so I'm apparently going to need a miracle.

search the site for Alounacara and PawPaw for info on growing Cyans, you may need a few more posts to access the grow logs forum.

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
    #4511437 - 08/08/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I've been doing a lot of reading and maybe I could change a few things about SW's grow guide to make it work better. What about using the composted cow manure I bought as a casing material instead of soil? You know, "bottom" manure and perlite, "middle" jar substrate as in SW's guide, and "top" manure again. I'm also thinking of adding ultrasonic humidifiers to the room to bump the humidity up. Where I live the humidity is like 25-35% year round so I know it needs to go up a hell of a lot. I read that Pan Cyan loves manure, humidity, and sterility so I think I may try an altered version of this grow guide and see how I do. I bought the composted manure at my local hardware store at 3-1 cubic foot bags for $5 so I don't know how good it is. As long as I sterilize the jars by boiling them for an hour in a couple of canners, sterilize the rest of the casing mix the same way, and keep humidity really high then the rest of the guide should be okay, right?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4511454 - 08/08/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

llopez00 said:
What about using the composted cow manure I bought as a casing material instead of soil? You know, "bottom" manure and perlite, "middle" jar substrate as in SW's guide, and "top" manure again.

you want to 'spawn' not case when you are using manuer, csasings have no nutrition for mushies, they simply provide additional water, using soil is
crap from the start, potting soil usualy contains things you really dont want

Quote:

I'm also thinking of adding ultrasonic humidifiers to the room to bump the humidity up.

why not try humidifying a smaller space first

Quote:

then the rest of the guide should be okay, right?

not likely, shroom wizard has a lot of flaws in his method that leave openings for contams

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
Re: Shroom Wizard's Guide [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4511466 - 08/08/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Damn. Back to reading I guess.:)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4511479 - 08/08/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

if I may make a suggestion, start here...

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23363

if you dont have a PC, buy one, it's the most important tool you'll have in this hobby

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
    #4511662 - 08/08/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for that link. I'm looking into pressure cookers/canners now but some of them would take me quite a while to save up for, lol. I'll be needing to sterilize 45-1 quart jars so I guess I could buy two PCs and just plan ahead for a few hours in order to get them done. I've also heard that ovens or microwaves work good for the casing/spawning material. For instance, if I've got a shit load of manure to sterilize for a bulk grow, an oven would work well. Is this not true? I don't mind smelling shit for a while, lol.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4511668 - 08/08/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

the PC is the best way to go, I still donmt trust microwave sterilization for contam and safety reasons, as long as the manuer is composted it wont have the poo poo smell

http://search.ebay.com/pressure-canner_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4511705 - 08/08/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

baby steps man, baby steps.

Slow down just a little.  You need to have patience.  45 Qt jars is a lot for a first time grow.  Especially for spawning.

Like mentioned, you need a PC'er.  Jump in the car and go to a couple of Thrift Stores that sell second hand stuff.  You can find a pressure cooker at some if you are patient.  The best part is they will only cost ~$20

And look into paseurizing that manure, instead of sterilizing it in the oven.

Good Luck to you.:thumbup:

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
Re: Shroom Wizard's Guide [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4511802 - 08/08/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks guys. Hell, my brain is starting to hurt from all the information here. When I grew MJ it was so simple compared to this. Oh well, I'll learn it eventually. Someone should hack/delete Shroom Wizard's site because the EXTREME contradictions between him and this site are frustrating to say the least. Should I attempt to erase everything in his grow guide from my memory and completely start over? I also gather that I should have ordered syringes instead of prints. Can I use the prints I ordered without screwing everything up?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4511857 - 08/08/05 08:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

most of the people that visit the shroom wizard come here soon afterwards because
they tend to do a little more reading, many others just give up... maybe 10% of the people that follow his plan manage to grow something other than mold.

prints are fine as long as they're sterile, check our FAQ and there are a couple of syringe making teks that'll help you along the way.

Offlinellopez00
Stranger
    #4512397 - 08/08/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I got them from a sponsor here, I believe it was spores101 but I'm not sure. I assume that my jars that I use for my Pan Cyan substrate (lots of variations in the FAQ, still not sure which one to pick) will be prepared like the jars used in the PF Tek so at least I'm starting to find a base to go from in this sea of information here. I'll just need to do more research. I guess I'm kinda bummed out because I thought that shroom growing was easy after reading SW's guide. Someone needs to delete that damn thing from the internet so nobody else gets fucked up like I did. Talk about confusing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder