Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
The Human Expression - "Love At Psychedelic Velocity" (mp3)
    #4508763 - 08/07/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I actually have two Human Expression songs for you to taste. The first, Love At Psychedelic Velocity, is a real psychedelic ass kicker. That's one you want to shake your fist to, right there. Then when it gets down to about the last 40 seconds, you want to shake your fist faster and then start head banging a little bit. The second, Readin' Your Will, is a song warning of the dangers of drug abuse. This song is one where you're going to want to shake your fist a little slower to. Along with doing that, you'll want to make a face ala Sid Vicious in which you raise your right upper lip. You'll also want to nod your head at the same speed as your fist pumps. Here's what Borderline Books says about The Human Expression. Read the words and sentences I've highlighted in bold................

Quote:

The Human Expression

Personnel:
MARTIN ESHLEMAN ld gtr A
JIM FOSTER gtr A
TOM HAMILTON bs A
ARMAND POULIN drms A
JIM QUARLES ld vcls A

45s:
1 Readin' Your Will / Everynight (Acetate Demo) Summer 1966
2 Love At Psychedelic Velocity/Everynight (Accent 1214) Summer 1966
3 Optical Sound / Calm Me Down (Acetate Demo) Winter 1966
4 Optical Sound/Calm Me Down (Accent 1226) Winter 1966
5 Sweet Child Of Nothingness / I Don't Need Nobody (Accent 1252) Summer 1967

Hailing from Westminster and Tustin, California, this psychedelic punk band were formed early in 1966 and played around the L.A. area, at clubs such as Gazzari's and USO clubs. An acetate Readin' Your Will / Everynight cut in the Summer of '66 got them a deal with Accent, who released two awesome acid-punk singles in the shape of Love At Psychedelic Velocity and Optical Sound. Both singles were mixed by Wally Heider who also worked for the Grateful Dead, and are now extremely sought-after and impossibly hard to find.

After Optical Sound proved too far-out for the Charts, the band's manager offered them the opportunity to record two tracks by what he described as "an up-and coming songwriter". The first demo Sweet Child Of Nothingness would become their third single, and the other track was turned down because Jim Quarles' didn't think lyrics like "Get your motor running / Head out on the highway" were any good. The song was of course Mars Bonfire's Born To Be Wild which Steppenwolf would later cover!!

By the time the Sweet Child Of Nothingness / I Don't Need Nobody single was recorded, both Jim Quarles and Martin Eshleman had left the band.

Both their first two singles Love At Psychedelic Velocity and Optical Sound are worthy of investigation and all their released material has now appeared on compilations. Even better, however, is the Collectables CD release Love At Psychedelic Velocity, which compiles all the band's singles, plus demos and four post-Human Expression solo tracks cut by Jim Quarles. The CD also includes excellent liner notes, from which this entry has largely been taken, and is recommended to fans of the band.

Jim Quarles is still active in the music business, working in a studio as a technical engineer, and writing and recording songs.

Compilation appearances have also included: Optical Sound on Echoes In Time, Vol. 1 (LP), Echoes In Time Vol's 1 & 2 (CD), Psychedelic Disaster Whirl (LP) and Nuggets Box (4-CD); Love At Psychedelic Velocity on Pebbles, Vol. 10 (LP), Songs We Taught The Fuzztones (Dble LP & Dble CD) and Best of Pebbles, Vol. 3 (LP & CD); Calm Me Down and Optical Sound on Green Crystal Ties Vol. 6 (CD); Everynight and Readin' Your Will on Green Crystal Ties Vol. 9 (CD); Who Is Burning? (prev unreleased) on Psychedelic Crown Jewels, Vol. 1 (Dble LP & CD); Calm Me Down, Optical Sound and Your Mind Works In Reverse (all previously unreleased demo versions) on The Human Expression And Other Psychedelic Groups - Your Mind Works In Reverse (CD); Calm Me Down and Everynight on Highs In The Mid-Sixties Vol. 3 (LP).

(Max Waller)

The Human Expression - Love At Psychedelic Velocity
3.84mb / 2:47

The Human Expression - Readin' Your Will

I give both of these songs 4 out of 5 electric sugarcubes. Enjoy and discuss......

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (08/07/05 11:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: The Human Expression - "Love At Psychedelic Velocity" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4508996 - 08/07/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:
thx for sharing
:sun:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: The Human Expression - "Love At Psychedelic Velocity" (mp3) [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4509022 - 08/07/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No problem at all. I mean listen to these songs. They basically share themselves.

--------------------

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4509031 - 08/07/05 11:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I love the songs you post up man!!

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: The Human Expression - "Love At Psychedelic Velocity" (mp3) [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4509050 - 08/07/05 11:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Rock on my man.  :mushroom2:

BTW, I've had all sorts of trouble posting these tonight.  Some of you may have noticed that both links were the same song?  I've fixed that. 

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #4509114 - 08/08/05 12:01 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sorry, but the "love at psychedelic velocity" song was not that impressive at all. The guitar riff was the same through the whole damn song, the lyrics were pretty trite and standard. They just repeated one stanza the whole way through. Wasn't even really a stanza, just a few sentences that kinda rhymed.

The only interesting thing about the song was the crescendos, which had to be repeated like three or four times just to make the song entertaining for 2mins and 39 seconds.

There was no development or dynamic quality that made the song worthy of having the word 'psychedelic' in the title. Kinda just sounded like an old garage band that was inspired by the doors but didn't have nearly as much creativity or talent.

I didn't bother listening to the second song.

Sorry to rain on the parade, just putting in my $0.02...

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #4509169 - 08/08/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Rock on my man.  :mushroom2:

BTW, I've had all sorts of trouble posting these tonight.  Some of you may have noticed that both links were the same song?  I've fixed that. 

ohh..that explains why i couldnt find the other one on my desktop
letzz download the other one

--------------------
lucidal expansion

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: The Human Expression - "Love At Psychedelic Velocity" (mp3) [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4509442 - 08/08/05 01:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ah...got to love the crisp refreshing flavor of Psychedelia.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder